no lights on dashboard by Wayne Renninger
Started on: 10-27-2023 09:00 PM
Replies: 3 (280 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 10-28-2023 07:13 PM
Wayne Renninger

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2023 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne RenningerSend a Private Message to Wayne RenningerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have an 86 se v6 automatic, runs great, starts every time. Problem changed dash cluster because had no lights and fuel gauge pegged sideways, Rebuilt entire fuel system in the tank and all 6 injegters. turn the key but get no check engine light, door ajar or anything that comes with 1st click of ignition. I have lower interior lights and radio.Radio light goes out when turn the parking kights on. I thought i might have messed something in the fuel pump rebuid so I changed the whole gauge cluster but the secong does the same with the fuel gauge.Checked all my connections at the side of battery and power on both sides of 4 fusible links.Any help is appreciated. Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2023 05:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the common point in all of those would be the ground.
Wayne Renninger

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2023 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne RenningerSend a Private Message to Wayne RenningerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probalem solved, tear in the circuit board on rear of glustar and a blown 5 amp fuse, gas gauge still peged to the right. Any suggestion on the fuel gauge, or do i need to drop.
the tank again,Tricks to install properly
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2023 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wayne Renninger:

Any suggestion on the fuel gauge, or do i need to drop the tank again. Tricks to install properly

I don't know if this is your issue, but you might find some helpful info here...

How I Fixed Fuel Sender Binding Problem in 88 Tank

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock