Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Electrical issue. Won't start. Plus other odd symptoms.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Electrical issue. Won't start. Plus other odd symptoms. by Rsvl-Rider
Started on: 06-09-2024 11:30 PM
Replies: 2 (61 views)
Last post by: cartercarbaficionado on 06-10-2024 02:51 AM
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2024 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1988 GT with 3.4 swap. A/C, automatic. Reliaible daily driver.

I've got a real mystery here. Friday morning I arrived at work. My daily driver was operating completely normally. I was backing into my parking place when eveything just quit all at once. Engine, radio, everything. I had to push the car the last 10 feet and get into work. Afterwards I cleaned and tightened the battery terminals and checked all under dash fuses. No obvious problems or odors found in the engine bay. My first thought was the ICM but that would't account for all the other issues.

Here are the particulars...

Nothing happens when I turn the key. No starter noises at all, no sound of fuel pump, no dashboard response at all. No gauges - no lights. Radio and fan are inop. All power accessories inop. Turn signals and hazard flashers inop. Even the horn doesn't work.

The only things that work are headlights and taillights. Headlights go up and down and illuminate. Taillights illuminate. Nothing else.

Anybody got any ideas?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 572
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2024 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Likely fuse link A died.

Can be 1 or many things cause it to burn or just age & "water" got in, rotted, then burn.

see https://web.archive.org/web...ocave/ecmwire_fl.htm & rest of section

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

cartercarbaficionado

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2024 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cartercarbaficionadoSend a Private Message to cartercarbaficionadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fun fact the same thing can happen when your fusible link for the cold start injector grounds out and kills the starter solenoid connections by melting them, just check the links and make sure power is getting to the starter solenoid still

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock