1987 gt rebuild by cartercarbaficionado
Started on: 06-30-2024 05:30 PM
Replies: 50 (710 views)
Last post by: cartercarbaficionado on 10-04-2024 05:09 AM
cartercarbaficionado

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2024 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cartercarbaficionadoSend a Private Message to cartercarbaficionadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Yellow-88:

Lacquer thinner is my go to nasty cleaner. Swish it around for a while.
Just don't keep sticking your nose in the hole to see how it's working.

I think a new pump is a good idea.

good idea. I do have a few spare gm mfi pumps luckily
IP: Logged
cartercarbaficionado

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2024 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cartercarbaficionadoSend a Private Message to cartercarbaficionadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cartercarbaficionado

641 posts
Member since Sep 2023
relevant question. would a cpi s10 fuel pump work? I have 5 of them that make 50-60 psi and no use for them. not sure the game rating for them but I'm sure it's enough
Yellow-88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2024 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Yellow-88Send a Private Message to Yellow-88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cartercarbaficionado:

relevant question. would a cpi s10 fuel pump work? I have 5 of them that make 50-60 psi and no use for them. not sure the game rating for them but I'm sure it's enough

I have to ask. How does one end up with 5 fuel pumps? Are they new or "known good"? Just curious. You fasciate me.
cartercarbaficionado

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2024 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cartercarbaficionadoSend a Private Message to cartercarbaficionadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Yellow-88:

I have to ask. How does one end up with 5 fuel pumps? Are they new or "known good"? Just curious. You fasciate me.

deals at pick n pull. I try to amass a large pile of parts (garbage .) to have good oem parts and spares for rare stuff. today I managed to sweet talk my way to free power mirror motors and mirror plates, all the buttons and switches to the sides of the cluster and all the bolts and stuff. tommorrow I'm gonna try to get the leather headliner and sun visors and maybe some other bits and bobs off this full option 84. mind you every single part has been painted over but I'll just polish the layers off and paint it the correct Grey color for a nice factory look.
bot sure if the 84 cluster is super special but I'm taking it for a parts unit regardless. and maybe the whole console skeleton

[This message has been edited by cartercarbaficionado (edited 07-24-2024).]

cartercarbaficionado

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2024 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cartercarbaficionadoSend a Private Message to cartercarbaficionadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got around to my steering column rebuild and I broke the stupid steering lock pins bore also managed to break off the tool in the door side pin so I had to drill next to it and torch it to get it off so I'm mildly annoyed. also all 3 bolts had completely untreated so I need to fully remove the upper bearing assembly (key and all) and cannot figure out if I'm supposed to punch out the pin that's right next to a roll pin
cartercarbaficionado

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2024 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cartercarbaficionadoSend a Private Message to cartercarbaficionadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got a whole new fuel sender assembly and bits for my ac plus a whole engine harness and a new tilt column for free so I'm pretty happy with myself.
also got a warning about Alex Santos and the fieros he sells. so probably gonna steer clear based on all major parts people in 3 states having quite a few things to say.
hopefully the gt wiring will finally start working fully and I can get my engine to start on its own
cartercarbaficionado

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2024 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cartercarbaficionadoSend a Private Message to cartercarbaficionadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
project stalled heavily thanks to the harness still being weird. sometimes the radio gets power (installed one to verify power and functional bat fuse) but not all the time. traced the wiring and cleaned connections but I still can't find it
cartercarbaficionado

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2024 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cartercarbaficionadoSend a Private Message to cartercarbaficionadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
(sorry for bump)
finally got time again so I've been re assembling the Ole girl for transport but I'm gonna try making it crank over from the starter first so I can have it start and carry itself up the ramps since the engine has spark timing fuel and compression now
plus I got a spare 2.8 I've been using for parts between the 87 and the Tangerine 88
cartercarbaficionado

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2024 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cartercarbaficionadoSend a Private Message to cartercarbaficionadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
found another rats nest (insert sounds of joy here)
also got some lenses that are definitely not great but better than what I had

[This message has been edited by cartercarbaficionado (edited 09-22-2024).]

cartercarbaficionado

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2024 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cartercarbaficionadoSend a Private Message to cartercarbaficionadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
old starter was bad. New one is going out but it spins the engine now set least. getting spark and the fuel pump was working before I dropped the tank so it's just waiting on time and money now
cartercarbaficionado

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2024 05:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cartercarbaficionadoSend a Private Message to cartercarbaficionadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fuel pump died and I haven't had time to put the new one in. I did have a buddy take some broken wing stands and install the spare spoiler on the car since water was getting in the trunk through the holes

PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay