Started on: 07-22-2024 12:01 PM
Replies: 4 (66 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 07-22-2024 08:38 PM
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2024 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it normal for the IAC (2.8l) to make a clicking sound with: the key on (engine not running) and the diagnostic terminals jumped.

I was doing some other checks and noticed this.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1985 Fiero GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2024 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes that is normal, it sets the IAC all the way closed, and keeps clicking to close it more, because the ECM doesn't have any way to know what position it's in, so when crossing l cruising at speed or with those pins jumped, it extends all the way to reach a known zero position, which it then can idle from.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 570
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2024 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See https://web.archive.org/web...erocave/idlestop.htm Bottom section.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

gregr75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2024 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gregr75Send a Private Message to gregr75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
don't hook up the diagnostic terminals with the IAC outside of the throttle body... thats the only thing preventing the pintle and spring from flying out, never to be found again. Don't ask me how I know…
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2024 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gregr75:

Don't ask me how I know…

Happens to the best of us. lol

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock