86-88 gt rear taillight Pontiac by SC_Robert1999
Started on: 10-03-2024 03:15 AM
Replies: 4 (119 views)
Last post by: Vintage-Nut on 10-04-2024 08:24 AM
SC_Robert1999

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2024 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC_Robert1999Send a Private Message to SC_Robert1999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a gold 96 gt just in case ppl dont know the pontiac on the rear taillight lights up when the engine is running or the lights were on Im not sure. It takes (4) 194 side marker light bulbs 2 on each side. They are easy to replace just take the 4 (might be 6 its almost been 30 years) vertical long screws up and out to get the tail lights loose to pull out some. Another trick was to put dielectric grease around the new bulb and socket to keep moisture out and I was told it helps dissipate heat so the bulbs last longer. Sry if this is common knowledge but the pontiac lighting up was another one of the coolest thing about the gt. I always see pics of the cars but never the pontiac lit up on the back if someone can post. Thx all I miss my loaded gold 86 gt
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
SC_Robert1999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2024 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC_Robert1999Send a Private Message to SC_Robert1999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if someone can post a pic of a 86-88 gt running and the rear pontiac lit up I would appreciate it! THX
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2024 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Google image search is your friend.

gregr75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2024 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gregr75Send a Private Message to gregr75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my Pontiac emblem lights up with just the ignition key advanced. doesnt have to be running. even with the headlight and parking light switches off.

------------------
87 GT Stock 2.8L

Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2024 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

gregr75:
my Pontiac emblem lights up with just the ignition key advanced. doesnt have to be running. even with the headlight and parking light switches off.

This is correct; the rear GT 'Pontiac' emblem voltage is applied from the Ignition Switch in the RUN position and not from the headlight/parking switches.

------------------
Original Owner of a Silver '88 GT
Under 'Production Refurbishment' @ 136k Miles

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock