86 fiero no spark no crank by lizardman
Started on: 10-20-2024 06:46 AM
Replies: 5 (80 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 10-21-2024 05:49 PM
lizardman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2024 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lizardmanSend a Private Message to lizardmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi there i purchased an 86 fiero v6 4 speed manual.

It came with a no spark problem.

Iv since replaced dissy icm and was about to do the coil when i had to work away.

Iv come back after 2 weeks. And now its not even cranking.

Healthy battery level etc.

I was fiddling in the front of the car.

And checking the fuses one by one before i left.

Theres no button swith for the ignition or anything like that? That iv accidentally hit?
Cheers.

Cheers.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2024 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lizardman:

And now its not even cranking. Healthy battery level etc.

Are you stepping in the clutch? Make sure the clutch safety switch is functioning properly.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2024 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check the battery. If the battery is fully charged, momentarily touch a screwdriver or clip leads across the terminals there. The engine should immediately crank. If it passes this test then check the neutral safety switch at the clutch pedal. Pull the connector, short the terminals and then with the car in neutral, try and crank the engine. If it does there's the problem. As for no spark, check the module and the coil. Remember your car at 38 years old is an antique and will require TLC,

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Zaos

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2024 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZaosSend a Private Message to ZaosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Check the battery. If the battery is fully charged, momentarily touch a screwdriver or clip leads across the terminals there. The engine should immediately crank. If it passes this test then check the neutral safety switch at the clutch pedal. Pull the connector, short the terminals and then with the car in neutral, try and crank the engine. If it does there's the problem. As for no spark, check the module and the coil. Remember your car at 38 years old is an antique and will require TLC,

Across the terminals of the battery? I’m having similar issues but couldn’t follow along as I’m unsure where to jump the connection.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2024 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Check the battery. If the battery is fully charged, momentarily touch a screwdriver or clip leads across the terminals there. The engine should immediately crank.

Originally posted by Zaos:

Across the terminals of the battery? I’m having similar issues but couldn’t follow along as I’m unsure where to jump the connection.

Dennis, I think you need to clarify this comment. I doubt very much you're referring to the battery terminals, but you actually haven't stated just what it is you're referring to. (I suspect you're referring to the starter solenoid.)
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2024 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OH boy that was a typo. Touch the terminals of the starter together momentarily a see if the engine turns over

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock