Spare tire by Stingray92
Started on: 10-23-2024 09:29 PM
Replies: 5 (108 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 10-25-2024 10:40 AM
Stingray92

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2024 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stingray92Send a Private Message to Stingray92Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's your thoughts on how long you would trust the spare tire? I'm working on getting my car painted and a buddy is suggesting I put some junk/temp wheels on while the shop is working on it.

Well the temp wheel I have (1) is this,

Tire on the car are the 215/60r14's.

The tire is holding pressure after sitting for a decade, I have no intention of driving on it, just move around as needed.

Thoughts?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2024 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero spare tire size is still being made in the 15" size as 125/70 R15 by Kuhmo. Not sure if it is made in 14" size and that may be hard to find. The 14" tire is no longer used but on some classic cars. Although Fiero spares were hardly if ever used and most still remain un-used; 30+ years of just sitting and possibly deteriorating is something to consider. I'd keep it inflated to spec and try to use it in an emergency (at low speed) but if it will last is a big question.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2024 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It should be fine. Can you find 3 more?
richard in nc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2024 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for richard in ncSend a Private Message to richard in ncEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if it doesn't have cracks id use it.
Stingray92

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2024 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stingray92Send a Private Message to Stingray92Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, yeah I have a lead on 3 more, from fiero's no less.

This one looks to be holding pressure so this looks to be the route I'll go.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2024 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A good paint shop should be able to paint your Fiero without painting the tires. They do not get paint on the windows after all.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock