Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  LS4 / F40 swap - fieroguru (Page 51)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 51 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
LS4 / F40 swap - fieroguru by fieroguru
Started on: 12-13-2010 01:34 PM
Replies: 2011 (163593 views)
Last post by: Sage on 10-05-2024 08:57 AM
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2024 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The interior panels really look good. It may not be a show car, but the high quality work shows.
IP: Logged
jdv

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2024 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have new aftermarket sun visors. Where did you get them as I am looking for replacements for my car. As always you do excellent work.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 259
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2024 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by longjonsilver:
The interior panels look GREAT! you are inspiring me to do some of mine.

Thanks!

Originally posted by R Runner:
The interior panels really look good. It may not be a show car, but the high quality work shows.

Thanks! My goal is to drive the car about 10K miles per year while keeping it looking presentable!

Originally posted by jdv:
You have new aftermarket sun visors. Where did you get them as I am looking for replacements for my car. As always you do excellent work.

Thanks! I forget exactly when I got the new sun visors. It was either in 2015 when I switched to the ABS head liner or in 2016 when I did the first refresh of the dash and console areas. Either way, I am pretty sure they came from Fiero Store back then. They have held up quite well.

Should have some more pictures on Sunday. The headliner, upper console lights, 3rd brake cover plate are installed, and sun visors are installed. The driver side A, B, floor trim, and door panel is also installed. Hoping to wrap up the passenger side Sunday.

Wednesday evening I have to drive to Milwaukee for and engineering forum on Thursday. Then drive back on Thursday. It would be a great trip for the Fiero, plus I will get paid mileage to drive it the 500 miles!
f I can get it back together by then.

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2024 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not completely done, but done enough to have the car running again!

Here is a picture of the DS door panel:

Passenger side is still missing the B-pillar, floor trim, and seat:

I need to take a better picture of the headliner:

This is the reason the passenger side isn't done... I still have to make this block off plate for the B-pillar speaker. This was made from aluminum and formed to fit the curvature of the B-pillar. If I had been smart, or had a larger stockpile of interior parts, I could have just used an early B-pillar panel w/o the B-pillar speakers.
The cover for the seat belt is MIA... I might make up a metal slip on cover for it as a future project.

I can finish up the passenger side after work this week, but it won't keep me from driving the Fiero all this week.

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2024 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drove the Fiero to Milwaukee last Wednesday. It was a 500+ mile work trip, so I got paid about $300 to drive the Fiero, which is awesome!
Drove between 80-85 mph and still pulled down about 25 to 26 mpg.
Swap clocked over 5,000 miles this week.

Trip was uneventful except for 2 things:
1. Drove home after 5pm on Thursday, so the car is now splattered a gazillion bugs.
2. Was reminded how bad Fiero headlights are. Standard headlights on my Fiero are 5+ years old, so that doesn't help. When you can see your Fiero's shadow on the road ahead because the car's lights behind you are so blindingly good... it is time for an upgrade. This wasn't just 1 car with Ogre approved OEM DOT LED headlights, it was nearly every car that chose to drive faster and pass me.

I am trying to finish up the cover plate on the passenger B-pillar so the passenger side trim panels can be installed this week. Also, need to clean the bugs off the car.

Probably will be at the Gateway GTO car show in Pontiac, IL this weekend. It is about 70 miles from home and has some fun places to visit.

https://www.gatewaygto.org/GTOAA%20Regional.html

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2024 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drove the Fiero to Pontiac, IL for the first day of the Pontiac show. Got there in time to join the cruise to 4 spots and a lunch stop.

The fiero is at the far right at the end of the cars

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2024 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Show today was good. Rained off and on all day, but the Fieros were out in force and were one of the few groups to park together. I will have to plan to attend this show again as it is about 60 miles from home.

Here are a couple more of my car.

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2024 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much going on with the Fiero but driving it. Last week I had to give a presentation in downtown Chicago, so drove the Fiero up and back.

Swapped out the rear brake pads Hawk DTC-30 to my old yellow stuff pads. This was done to reduce the brake dust on the rear wheels. The rears would build up 2x to 3x the brake dust as the fronts. The fronts on the Yellow Stuff dusted like crazy, but the rears were much, much less. This switch worked out well.

Installed a relatively cheap LED headlight upgrade, and I would rate it OK. They were as easy as replacing the standard sealed beams, and they will work for now, but I won't stop thinking about the next light upgrade. Seems to put out more light, so far no one has flashed me for blinding them, but it still isn't as bright as some of the street light output on the roads, or the super bright lights from newer cars (Fiero still casts a shadow in front even with these headlights on).
https://www.hidnation.com/p...led-conversion-kit-1

I have also had enough seat time with the new gauge layout to start working on the next iteration. The stock housing with the 3 gauge pod above the instrument cluster works well, but the two gauges left in the old radio spot are hard to read. I like having the gauges above the dash, so just need to fit more gauges in that general location. I also have to make another 2DIN radio housing due to the smaller screen on the Alpine, so this is what is currently in the works. The top part is what will be cut out on the plasma. The teal colored lines are slots that will help with bending and will then be welded shut and ground smooth.

I picked up 2 more 4x8 sheets of 16ga, so I can cut this out for a test fit (and drawing tweak) sometime this week
ricreatr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2024 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ricreatrSend a Private Message to ricreatrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
have been very happy with this light. great pattern except the high beams seem to have a cut off as well, even though it is much higher than the low beams. hooked up the halo and "minus" light to park circuit, and the "minus" also hooks to the turns. automatically goes amber with turns.

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2024 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ricreatr:
have been very happy with this light. great pattern except the high beams seem to have a cut off as well, even though it is much higher than the low beams. hooked up the halo and "minus" light to park circuit, and the "minus" also hooks to the turns. automatically goes amber with turns.

Thanks!
Call me old school (will turn 50 next year), but I prefer headlights that look like headlights.
Never been a fan of the multi-LED, halos, or lights with multiple light bars and other shapes within the headlight.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2024 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More driving...
I did switch out my tuning laptop several weeks back and got around to making a new stand for it. It is larger and taller than the previous one:

PFF
System Bot
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2024 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That......is NEXT LEVEL!

HAGO!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 51 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock