FS 87 Fiero Race Car by Hop
Started on: 12-31-2008 08:43 AM
Replies: 43 (5152 views)
Last post by: Hop on 08-21-2015 02:12 PM
Hop

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2008 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1987 Pontiac Fiero Race Car

2.5 Liter with 5 speed transmission
Lots of new parts and upgrades

This car was being prepped as an SCCA ITB class race car to run in a regional drivers school .
It has a rollcage, aluminum seat, 5 point harness, battery disconnect and other modifications that would be needed to race.
It still retains most of the dash and the lights, wipers and windows.
Title is available and a log book was never issued.
The paint is passable and looks good at 20 feet.

Car was taken to a track day event for a little test and tune. I then discovered that with the cage installed I didn’t fit comfortably in the car while wearing a helmet and the leg room made it difficult for me to drive it (I’m almost 6’2” and 220lbs).
This may have contributed to me over revving the newly rebuilt motor and now there is what sounds like a rod knock coming from the motor. At idle it sounds great, the higher you rev the motor the louder the noise becomes. This motor is readily available and reasonably priced as a long block if you don’t feel up to repairing this one.

Here is a partial list of parts replaced or upgraded :

Engine
2.5 Liter 4 Cylinder
.040 over Pistons
Timing gear and chain
High Volume Oil Pump
Comp Cam, springs, lifters (not ITB legal)
160 degree Thermostat
Water Pump
Fuel Pump
Fuel Injector
Valve Job
Battery
K&N Air Filter
Motor and Transmission Mounts

Transmission
5 Speed
Axle Seals
Clutch Master Cylinder
Clutch Slave Cylinder
Throw Out Bearing

Suspension
KYB Struts and Shocks
400 # Springs all around with Adjustable Ride Height Kit on Rear Struts
1” Front Sway Bar
7/8” Rear Sway Bar
Rear Bump Steer Kit

Brakes
Master Cylinder
Brake Calipers
Brake Pads
Steel Braided Brake Lines

Tires and Wheels
6 Toyo R888 Track Tires mounted on 14 x 6 Fiero Wheels
4 with less than 20 miles, 2 still have stickers on them
Plus 5 extra 14 x 6 Fiero wheels

I have not mastered posting pictures on Pennocks, however I can email you several.
I realize I will never get what we have in it out of it so make me an offer I can not refuse for all the above.

[This message has been edited by Hop (edited 07-02-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave, Thanks for the PM. To further add to my reply, no, the price is not firm, always willing to listen to an offer. Yes, the engine will still crank and run so it is not totally destroyed. My guess is it spun a bearing but that is a guess. Yes, I do have additional parts laying around and am willing to sell them seperately. Thanks for your interest.

http://jacksonville.craigsl...g/cto/975386450.html

[This message has been edited by Hop (edited 01-04-2009).]

Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave, I tried to send you additional pictures but the same thing happened again. I got the email back as non deliverable. Instead of sending me a PM try sending me an email and I will try to reply with additional pictures. Yes, I am serious about selling the car, I am not testing any waters. Don't know how much clearer I can be. Make me an offer I can not refuse.
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Vance, I received the following message when I emailed you the information you requested. ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- Vance.Chapmen86@gmail.com

Let me see if this is any clearer than what I have already stated. The only firm price will be the price agreed upon.

If someone is willing to post additional pictures I would appreciate it. Emailing them does not seem to be a problem. PIP am I just don't seem to understand each other.

85duke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hop I can post additional pictures if you would like. Email them to crazyrodeo06@yahoo.com.
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85duke:

Hop I can post additional pictures if you would like. Email them to crazyrodeo06@yahoo.com.

Thank You, I am on a dial up modem and have sent you 6 pictures. Please pick the ones you like and post them. Thanks again, Bill
85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK guys here are the pics

Front suspesion

Front view

Roll cage

Interior

Rear suspension

Tires

Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85duke: OK guys here are the pics

Thank You very much for posting the pictures. Appears there are some lookers but no interest?

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You need this as the passenger seat http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1028528/

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 01-15-2009).]

Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2009 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart: You need this as the passenger seat http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1028528/

Sorry for the delayed reply. Nice movie review, I would hope the car is death proof but I can not imply that warranty.

Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom, PM reply sent. As stated earlier, no, the price is not firm, always willing to listen to an offer. Yes, the engine will still crank and run so it is not totally destroyed. My guess is it spun a bearing but that is a guess. Make me an offer I can not refuse.
PFF
System Bot
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM answered. Yes, she is still available.
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom, I understand. Family comes first as it should be. For all the rest, she is still available. Would really like to free up the space, all offers carefully considered.
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2009 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was holding this for a member that difficult times have come upon. He has told me it will be several months if then before he can consider buying it and for me to sell it to someone else if anyone else wants it. I returned his deposit. All the above information is still correct. Make me an offer I can not refuse.
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2009 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
La fiera.....That is a nice car, where did you get the rollcage?

Thanks, I am thinking it would really look GREAT in your garage!!!!

The cage came from Kirk racing products out of Alabama.

It is what is called a weld in kit with extra door bars, a petty bar and an optional dash bar. It is full contained within the passenger compartment with the petty bar option. But when it was installed we opted to bolt the floor pads to the floor pan instead of welding to the pan.

If my memory serves me correctly it was about $800-$850 plus approx $100 shipping.

Hope that helps,

La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2009 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, sir. It would look good in my garage. Let's see what happens and how busy I get in the summer. Maybe we can come to a deal. don't need the motor though, I'll put my V6.

[This message has been edited by La fiera (edited 06-18-2009).]

Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2009 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by La fiera: Yes, sir. It would look good in my garage. Let's see what happens and how busy I get in the summer. Maybe we can come to a deal. don't need the motor though, I'll put my V6.

La Fiera, if you called and left a message on my answering machine to call you back I need for you to send me your number. My answering machine cut off while you were still leaving the message. If it was not you who called I apologize.
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sure would like to get this into someone else's garage before it starts getting cold.
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lots of lookers but the car still sits in the garage. It is 67 degrees today and getting colder. Any takers before spring?
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, it is still sitting in the garage. I keep cranking it up and moving it around from one bay to another making room for different projects. Make me an offer I can not refuse.
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom, Yes, she has moved from where you last saw her to a different bay but I still have her.
PFF
System Bot
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She moved to a different garage today but is still for sale. Make me an offer I can not refuse.
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM answered. Yes, she moved to her new garage location under her own power. She will crank and run. I do have a clean Florida Title.
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
murrrey.... to answer your question, what springs did you use for the front to fit the spring perches?
also what size springs did you use for the rear?

Unless I can find any notes (which I haven’t yet), I can not remember. They are probably hypercoil brand, unknown diameter, 400 # spring rate all around. I will continue to look and if I find a better answer I will let you know.
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys and Gals, I continue to move her from one garage to another. She needs to find a nice home where someone will work on her. She just is not at the top of my priority list. Make me an offer I can not refuse.
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2011 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She just got moved again from one garage to another. Had a tire kicker come take a look at her. He said he was thinking she had a V-8 in her. Not sure where he got that impression but she still needs to go home with someone.
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if you could tell me what type of coilovers wrench you use? I bought a set that looks like yours but it didn't come with the wrench and I'm having a difficult time finding it! Your car is gorgeous and for that price its really a steal. Best of luck with your sale and thank you in advance.

Dopey, read your PM but could not reply for some reason..... I am guessing it is my lack of computer skills.
To answer your question, any generic coil over adjusting tool will work. You can find them at your local auto parts store or on line from between $15 to $30 depending on the brand name.
dopey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dopeySend a Private Message to dopeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you kindly sir
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2012 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any new interest.
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have had a number of emails, several phone calls and a few tire kickers but she is still in the garage. sure would like to use the space for other things.
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure would be nice move her out of the garage into someone else's.
PFF
System Bot
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2012 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the email. Yes, she is still available, you will not be wasting your time driving down from Tifton. I will GLADLY submit a post when I sell her.
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2012 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, she is still here at the house in the garage. I continue to get emails and a call from time to time but she is still here. I will post when she is sold. I understand I am not going to sell her for what I have invested in her so make me an offer I can not refuse.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow 3 years and no one bought this car?!?! wow
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a good car. I almost bought it but with getting it shipped to VA and the mods I would have had to do to it for my personal taste made it just out of my range. I am surprised someone has not bought it myself!

PS I also ended up finding a deal much closer to me
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2012 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the comments guys. I am surprised as you that she has not sold. It seems as if some of those that have come to look were thinking, for some reason or another, that she had a V-8 in her. I have tried to describe her as true as I can and will continue to take phone calls, answer questions and show her to those with interest. But I would really like to sell her.
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gary, My schedule is extremely flexable. You tell me when you want to see her and I will make sure the garage door is open. Bill

------------------
88 GT 5 Speed - Black
88 GT Auto - Red 4.9 engine swap in progress
88 GT Auto - Yellow
88 GT Auto - White
88 Coupe 4cyl - Auto - Red - For Sale
87 Coupe 5 Speed - Black - Race Car - For Sale
87 GT Auto - Gold
87 GT Auto - Black modified back deck lid - Project
87 GT Auto - White 3800 SC Ser I - Project
86 GT Auto - Gold - project car
86 GT Auto - Black - For Sale - No Title
86 GT Auto - White- Longpre Edition
86 SE V6 5sp - Silver - converted to GT - For Sale
97 Grand Prix GTP - Red - 4 door
97 Grand Prix GTP - Green - 4 door
62 Impala - Anniversary Gold - 2dr htp
62 Vette - 4 Speed - White
95 Vette - Auto-White-43,000 miles-For Sale
00 Vette - Auto - White - Convertible

Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She has been moved twice in the past 5 months and is now back in the original garage. Mom was not happy about her moving back in but she allowed us to put her back in her garage. Sure would like to find her a new home.
can machine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2013 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for can machineSend a Private Message to can machineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much are you asking?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock