Fiero GT Sail Panels Set - NOS on Ebay by L.I. Fieros
Started on: 07-29-2018 11:57 AM
Replies: 12 (742 views)
Last post by: L.I. Fieros on 08-05-2018 10:02 PM
L.I. Fieros

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2018 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for L.I. FierosSend a Private Message to L.I. FierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sale pending. Will repost if it falls thru.

[This message has been edited by L.I. Fieros (edited 08-05-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2018 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These sail panels I can see selling. That lens probably will not. You got a couple of cool pieces though. Good luck.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2018 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope that you sell but be aware that you have some serious competition of late. The Fiero Store just introduced an exact OEM repro quarter window set for $399, made of the same material as the originals using the OEM contour and graphics. It can be said that for the purist the originals are better but my friend just purchased a set and we cant tell the difference between the repro and the new old stock window that we have on the shelf.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

pcgold

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2018 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Hope that you sell but be aware that you have some serious competition of late. The Fiero Store just introduced an exact OEM repro quarter window set for $399, made of the same material as the originals using the OEM contour and graphics. It can be said that for the purist the originals are better but my friend just purchased a set and we cant tell the difference between the repro and the new old stock window that we have on the shelf.

But is the tint in the new Fiero Store windows really as green as it looks in the pictures?
mousemeat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2018 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by L.I. Fieros:

Listed on eBay. Open to offers here without all the fees.

Fiero GT Sail Panels Set - NOS on Ebay

over priced..in my opinion....I'm sure someone will purchase ..myself, I don't need 'em that bad...at the Ebay price...good luck with the sale !

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2018 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mousemeat:
over priced..in my opinion....I'm sure someone will purchase ..myself, I don't need 'em that bad...at the Ebay price...good luck with the sale !

I was trying to tell him this in a nice way but rather than trying to help out, the seller is obviously set on trying to take advantage of someone that really needs them . The tint and contour of the Fiero Store premium quarter windows is identical. The picture shown on the FS webpage was taken in bright light on a white background that accentuates the tint. A price of $1000 for an OEM set is an exorbitant price to pay for two plastic windows. You can get essentially the same item for $399. Don't get gypped!

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2018 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

The tint and contour of the Fiero Store premium quarter windows is identical. The picture shown on the FS webpage was taken in bright light on a white background that accentuates the tint. A price of $1000 for an OEM set is an exorbitant price to pay for two plastic windows. You can get essentially the same item for $399. Don't get gypped!

First off, no, the new TFS panels are NOT the same. The GT portion is UNDER the green tint on the TFS panels. OEM, as you can see from the picture, it's in front of the tint. So you can tell from 10+ feet away if the car has OEM or aftermarket panels.

Second, I think you mean that $1000 is not something you'd spend. Stating unilaterally that it's universally too much is called "borrowing credibility", a method my which one's personal opinion is made to appear more important by incorrectly implying that it is everyone's opinion.

Someone doing a concours level restoration, a high level driver restoration, or even someone used to restoring more expensive cars (a dash for a 69 912 is $1200 plus the cost of a windshield) wouldn't blink at this. Supply and demand and the supply is very, very low.

Mike Morris

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2018 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MorrisSend a Private Message to Mike MorrisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I had a GT I was restoring it would be the OEMs for sure. A nice driver would be the FS ones. I am glad and grateful they came out with them

------------------
1999 Camaro Z28 B4C Heads Cam Intake Stall etc
1992 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 331 R block S trim Intercooled
1988 MR2 SC Cammed,Pulley etc
1988 Corvette Cammed stalled bolt ons
1985 Fiero SE V6-Transgo,stall,K&N

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2018 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lorennerol:

First off, no, the new TFS panels are NOT the same. The GT portion is UNDER the green tint on the TFS panels. OEM, as you can see from the picture, it's in front of the tint. So you can tell from 10+ feet away if the car has OEM or aftermarket panels.

Second, I think you mean that $1000 is not something you'd spend. Stating unilaterally that it's universally too much is called "borrowing credibility", a method my which one's personal opinion is made to appear more important by incorrectly implying that it is everyone's opinion.

Someone doing a concours level restoration, a high level driver restoration, or even someone used to restoring more expensive cars (a dash for a 69 912 is $1200 plus the cost of a windshield) wouldn't blink at this. Supply and demand and the supply is very, very low.

Are you talking about the GT logo on the window?

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

boostedbird

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2018 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lorennerol:

A fully restored 88 fiero will probably only bring +/- 10k. 912's go for near 20k, some unrestored. I don't know how you do your math but myabe that's why the 912 crowd wont blink. Fieros are and always will be a cult car.
L.I. Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2018 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L.I. FierosSend a Private Message to L.I. FierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whoa, I just got a chance to check back on this and there’s action on my thread! Thanks for all the feedback, both positive and negative. It seems that I unintentionally started a bit of a debate.

Regarding the Fiero Store sail panels, I'm also thankful that the Fiero Store has come out with them and other products. They look like great options. I was actually telling one of my friends about them for his car just the other night. I wish they still had the molds for the taillights and were offering those.

Lorennerol – Great post, thanks and well said.

Mousemeat – Thanks for the input!

Dennis……well…..

“…rather than trying to help out, the seller is obviously set on trying to take advantage of someone that really needs them. …. A price of $1000 for an OEM set is an exorbitant price to pay for two plastic windows. You can get essentially the same item for $399. Don't get gypped!”

Those are your thoughts and your words regarding what the “seller” is set on doing, not mine. At no point in my taking these out of storage and listing them on eBay did I ever think for one second about trying to take advantage of anyone or being exhorbitant or anyone getting gypped. I simply listed an item for sale on eBay and included the “Make Offer” option. Buy, walk away, make an offer, get a pair from the Fiero Store, any other option, etc. Seems more than fair to me. If my listing on eBay offended you or anyone else in any way then I apologize.

“…rather than trying to help out….”

This statement still leaves me scratching my head. What does taking these out of storage and listing them for sale on eBay have to do with helping out?

Dennis, you’ve been around this community for quite some time. We have actually met in person. Casually and inaccurately attacking the character of people in this community is certainly not what I would consider helping out.

Well, I’m off to fix a leaking pipe. Later!
PFF
System Bot
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2018 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here we go again.... people pissing in a "For Sale" thread. It is the seller's property. He gets to decide whether to lists them for $10, $1000 or $10,000. Buyers can decide for themselves what they feel it is worth. Why jump in and criticize or offer opinions on the price? If a person feels the price is too high, don't buy them. Simple.

It would be different if the thread said "I have these windows for sale. Can anyone suggest a fair selling price?" The OP did not ask for "help" to set a price.

Good luck with the sale.
L.I. Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2018 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L.I. FierosSend a Private Message to L.I. FierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sale pending. Will repost if it falls thru.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock