Cup Holder by liv4God
Started on: 01-14-2021 09:22 AM
Replies: 11 (635 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 10-01-2024 10:56 AM
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a cupholder assembly that fits well in a Fiero. The gray color is close to the gray in 86-88 Fieros. It can be bolted in (as shown in the picture below) or just jammed between the seat and center console. Holds two cups and a hand sanitizer/phone/other items in the middle. My mom wanted cupholders in her Fiero so I set out to find something that would fit and look nice. They were listed in 2 different gray colors so I ordered one of each. They both ended up being the same color so now I have this spare that I'd happily pass on to another Fiero owner for $15 shipped.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice neat install. I believe that cup holder was designed to wedge between the seat and console . I tried it that way but it didn't work out. The way the Fiero is set up your fastening method sounds better, especially if you can find a way to hold it without drilling holes in the console.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

ninedriver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninedriverSend a Private Message to ninedriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
liv4God

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Nice neat install. I believe that cup holder was designed to wedge between the seat and console . I tried it that way but it didn't work out. The way the Fiero is set up your fastening method sounds better, especially if you can find a way to hold it without drilling holes in the console.

Yes that was the design intention. I used rivnuts through the plastic panel behind the carpet. I didn't want to drill through the metal towards the fuel tank. I would imagine even using velco to the carpet would suffice.
liv4God

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

liv4God

733 posts
Member since Feb 2011

Originally posted by ninedriver:

Pm sent

PM replied
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2021 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by liv4God:

Yes that was the design intention. I used rivnuts through the plastic panel behind the carpet. I didn't want to drill through the metal towards the fuel tank. I would imagine even using velco to the carpet would suffice.

I must say, ingenious mounting method

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

George P Wood

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2021 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for George P WoodSend a Private Message to George P WoodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have something similar in black made for corvettes. Just wedge it under the console to install.
liv4God

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2021 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update: Mine is sold.
However if anyone else is looking it looks like the seller I got it from has a few left for about $21 with shipping here.

Edit to add: According to the seller they are made in USA!

[This message has been edited by liv4God (edited 01-16-2021).]

gregr75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2024 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gregr75Send a Private Message to gregr75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reviving this 3+ yr old thread because this is the best cupholder idea I've seen in my opinion, for people with stickshifts. Also the ebay link still works.

Liv4God, I sent you a PM, but in case you dont see it, does anyone know and could describe a bit more where the rivnuts go on this cupholder. I'm a bit confused. And what is sandwiched in between the screw and the rivnuts? Just carpet?

------------------
87 GT Stock 2.8L

kendell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2024 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kendellSend a Private Message to kendellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a neat placement and still very easy to reach.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2024 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
google "Cubicle clips" or "Cubicle Pins Partition Pins for Cubicle Office" or "Nap Tags" or "Partition Pins"
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2024 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock