Want to buy complete 88 front suspension by Fieromotion
Started on: 01-21-2022 06:22 AM
Replies: 11 (318 views)
Last post by: handymanpat on 02-28-2022 02:40 AM
Fieromotion

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2022 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromotionSend a Private Message to FieromotionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 87 Fiero GT, 88 rear cradle with 3.4 tdc engine. To balance the car I need complete front suspension ( cross member, A-arms, springs, spindles, steering gear ). Front wheels are also needed.
The front suspension should be sent to Houston Tx. I have no possibility to pick up.
Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Larry Hubbert

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2022 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have several complete 88 Front suspensions with and without the R & P steering here in Florida to choose from however are you aware that this conversion is not a bolt in adaption like the rear is? This conversion is a complete cut and weld situation and it is not easily accomplished. Thing seriously about this and if that is the way you want to go then please email me at LHUBBERT2@BRIGHTHOUSE.COM Thanks for your interest, have a great day and most of all stay safe.
LarryH

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2022 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 01-26-2022).]

Fieromotion

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2022 04:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromotionSend a Private Message to FieromotionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just for your information I have an address in Houston Tx. Also I´m the one to pay the postage as well as the parts.
Fieromotion

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2022 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromotionSend a Private Message to FieromotionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieromotion

71 posts
Member since Apr 2012
The basics for good trading is mutual trust and respect. That´s why the countries which follow those rules succeed the best. I have bought five cars and a lot other things from the USA and so far without any problems.
I have two addresses in the USA where my stuff can be sent. They put it into a container and open it again in Finland.
I´m not making the requests for fun and I´m ready to pay for the items I`m looking for, when I know the price, condition and US freight. When they are OK for me I will tell the seller and if he/she agrees I´ll pay.
If the seller thinks that something is wrong, I wish he/she will tell me. Treat people as you like them to treat you.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2022 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieromotion:

The basics for good trading is mutual trust and respect. That´s why the countries which follow those rules succeed the best. I have bought five cars and a lot other things from the USA and so far without any problems.
I have two addresses in the USA where my stuff can be sent. They put it into a container and open it again in Finland.
I´m not making the requests for fun and I´m ready to pay for the items I`m looking for, when I know the price, condition and US freight. When they are OK for me I will tell the seller and if he/she agrees I´ll pay.
If the seller thinks that something is wrong, I wish he/she will tell me. Treat people as you like them to treat you.

Cool, good to know you have a U.S shipping address. Larry would be the guy since he specializes in 1988 cars.
Fieromotion

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2022 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromotionSend a Private Message to FieromotionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know Larry is the one.
reinhart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2022 05:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to make sure you're aware adapting an 88 front end is not going to be very easy compared to the rear end. I think it's only been done a handful of times.
skywurz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2022 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by reinhart:

Just wanted to make sure you're aware adapting an 88 front end is not going to be very easy compared to the rear end. I think it's only been done a handful of times.

Second this. You will have to either find the rear brackets to weld into the space frame or fabricate some. You will have to install the front crossmember mark the location and uninstall it again to do the welding. I couldn't imagine doing it without a lift. I cut those brackets out of 1 88 with this conversation in mind then sold that suspension. The second time I didn't bother because there's no way no how im ever doing this. Most people say 88 rear with an pre 88 front is the best setup anyhow.

You will also need 88 cooling tubes .

[This message has been edited by skywurz (edited 01-29-2022).]

Fieromotion

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2022 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromotionSend a Private Message to FieromotionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for your information. I´v read the description in Fieroforum earlier and I think I know the hardness of the replacement specially line up the new cross member, find the new bolt holes, make cuttings and welds. Yes I need also the cooling pipes and front wheels perhaps steering gear with the steering axle axle. You are right. It is much easier and cheaper to improve my 87 front suspension. Anyway I still wait for a while. I´m so far away that we do not have so many Fieros and never seen them scraped. So it might be a good idea to have one for the future.
Thank you guys.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2022 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by reinhart:

Done it.

Bob
PFF
System Bot
handymanpat

Feedback score:    (48)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2022 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If things don't work out I have a complete setup and I'm only 2 1/2 hours from you
I can help out ONLY if you are not able to get one and have it shipped to you from one of the other guys before me.
Thanks Pat

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock