1989 CADILLAC ALLANTE ALERT Chicago Heights LKQ by hercimer01
Started on: 02-08-2022 11:39 PM
Replies: 10 (855 views)
Last post by: Grantman on 02-14-2022 10:46 PM
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2022 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.lkqpickyourpart...89-cadillac-allante/

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap SOLD
12.840@104.8 MPH Intense-Racing 1.9 rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires.

88 Coupe under construction SOLD

88 formula 3.4L 4t60 swap SOLD

88GT resurrection in progress.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2022 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a 4.5L . Very hard to find with low mileage

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 02-11-2022).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2022 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

That is a 4.5L . Very hard to find with low mileage

I think that 89 changed to 4.5. Prior years were 4.1.
The 4.5 intake stuff is what fits correctly on the 4.9 heads.

I really wouldn't mind having an Allante to play with, but I certainly don't need any more projects, just now. Especially not a project that I would have to begin from square 1. (No knowledge of the platform, other than the engine. No spare parts, etc.)
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2022 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Raydar, if you wanted to get this there are parts that you would absolutely need to take off to make it all work. For one, the fuel pressure regulator on the rail is a key component. I went through all this at one point getting my allante stuff together.

[This message has been edited by Spadesluck (edited 02-12-2022).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2022 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

Raydar, if you wanted to get this there are parts that you would absolutely need to take off to make it all work. For one, the fuel pressure regulator on the rail is a key component. I went through all this at one point getting my allante stuff together.

Trust me. I know.
The FPR is pretty much made of unobtainium. As is the inlet fitting. I've never seen another like it. (Although I suppose the hole in the fuel block(?) could be tapped, and a more conventional fitting used.)
I got the rails, regulator, inlet fitting, and steel rocker supports when I did mine.
Heck... you gotta take the rocker supports off to remove the lower intake, anyway. Just throw 'em in the box.
chrissin712

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2022 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anybody needs parts from this I could go tomorrow morning
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2022 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrissin712:

I don't need them, but they are just about always a hot commodity.
Grab the upper and lower intake, fuel rail assembly including regulator and fuel inlet and outlet fittings, and the throttle body.
Also grab the steel rocker supports. As I posted earlier, they have to be removed to get the lower intake off, anyway.

You should be able to flip all that stuff for a minimum of $350. (I believe that's what I paid for mine, years ago.) Probably more, by now.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2022 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i only ever found one and pulled it from the junkyard. Cost me about $200 to pull all the parts Raydar listed and i ended up selling it for $500 when i didn't use it. Not sure if many people are still doing the 4.9L swap but i think it was a 20hp gain?

Edit for a link to a pic because i still think it looks great...
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...10-2-055516.html#p25
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...090219-2-080413.html
------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

[This message has been edited by MulletproofMonk (edited 02-13-2022).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2022 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrissin712:

The Allante intake setup was popular at one time for 4.9L swaps and the 4.5L parts are rare. If you can get all parts for a good price surely one 4.9L Fiero owner could use them. From what I read this is not an easy "top swap" and you can't complete it without all the parts like the throttle body, fuel rail, upper/lower intakes and all the parts mentioned by Raydar. To use this on a 4.9L would also require some ECM programming. Is this a worthwhile modification that would help horsepower? Probably so, but AFAIK no one has before and after dyno results to confirm.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2022 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

i only ever found one and pulled it from the junkyard. Cost me about $200 to pull all the parts Raydar listed and i ended up selling it for $500 when i didn't use it. Not sure if many people are still doing the 4.9L swap but i think it was a 20hp gain?

20 HP seems to be the consensus. I can say that that sounds about right, but without a dyno sheet, it's still just guessing.
I think I paid $350 for my setup, but I'm not really surprised that you got $500 for yours. (Mine was nearly 10 years ago.)

People are still doing 4.9s. Spadesluck is about to have his back on the road in (I suspect) fairly short order.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-14-2022).]

Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2022 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 88 formula with a 4.9 in it. probably try to sell it in the spring (also have a SC3800). But thought if it doesn't sell might be a good time to switch to the allante intake. maybe try some other mods to get a little more oomph out of the car.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT fastback SC3800 3.4 pulley, FSIC, N*, 1.9 rollers
1988 Fiero formula, 4.9

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery