FS in NJ: 1985 2m6 SE 4spd NICE by swing69
Started on: 07-12-2022 07:25 PM
Replies: 2 (460 views)
Last post by: Fiero38SC on 07-15-2022 09:11 PM
swing69

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2022 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for swing69Send a Private Message to swing69Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Selling my 1985. 2m6, SE, 4 spd., Black with grey interior, sunroof. NOT on ebay. is of FB marketplace.

I bought this last year from the original owner, local to me. It was stumbling so it went down to Fiero Jon's shop who: dropped and cleaned the tank gas tank, new fuel pump, new fuel filter and replaced all 6 injectors. He got it running correctly.

Next; up to my school auto shop, where I'm the instructor. I have now retired and brought the car home. No longer have a shop....so off she goes.......Over the last year, ....here is what was done:

Interior: new grey headliner and recovered visors. Installed AM/FM/CD from an early 90s Firebird. New kicker speakers in the front with 3" round surface mount speakers mounted to the console. Headrest speakers work great and are original. Interior is pretty much perfect. Nothing cracked or ripped. New Fiero logo mats installed too.

Engine: new distributor cap, rotor, wires, cleaned throttle body. new dogbone. blasted and powder coated all the heat shields silver. powder coated all the air filter parts gloss black (new air filter too), oil and filter too and new belts.

Transmission: new clutch master, new clutch slave, new axle shaft seals, refilled with synchromesh. Clutch hydraulics filled with DOT3/4.

Brakes: Cut front rotors, repacked bearings rebuilt all 4 calipers (powder coated housings), replaced all ebrake cables, replaced all rubber hoses, every part removed cleaned and painted or powder coated. Rebuild the master cylinder. System filled with DOT3/4. Swapped out booster for the S-10 11" using rodneys pushrod adapter piece.

Suspension: new front gas shocks. new rear gas shocks. suspension detailed when taken apart for rebuild! Full 4 wheel alignment just completed.

This car has ZERO rust, zero. always garaged. No Accidents, no paintwork. Runs great, stops great....not a rattle or squeek....excellent cooling, low eng temps., excellent oil pressure. its like a NEW 1985!!

I'm extremely critical of the cars and motorcycle I have owned. In the interest of full disclosureHere is the list of "downers".

1) Original R12 AC works properly on refill....for about 3 days before the R12 liberates itself. System should be converted to R134.
2) Electric trunk latch button does not work. I haven't looked into this yet....assume I won't, I'm old.....
3) Electric lock function works, but could use more "umph" to pull the lock rods. Lubrication would probably solve this one.
4) Drivers door cylinder: key won't go in. Should be replaced. I lock the car from the passenger side as plan "B".
5) TIRES: 90% tread remaining. no cracks or dry rot...but they are 2012 (I think).....sooooo If you plan on pushing it, get new tires!

I have approx $8K out of pocket on this car. Worth every penny. Asking $7900 OR BEST OFFER. I want it gone...... Located in central NJ.

[This message has been edited by swing69 (edited 07-12-2022).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2022 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear that you are selling so quickly after acquiring that Fiero. Looks to be in great shape. Right now eBay tends to be the place to sell. I see some pretty solid and fair prices on Fieros there. Good luck
Dennis

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Fiero38SC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2022 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also, it looks like none of the recalls were done. Very nice looking car. Good luck with your sale.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock