Custom Fiero Body Kit by TheLegend
Started on: 07-18-2022 11:44 AM
Replies: 19 (2585 views)
Last post by: engine man on 07-06-2024 10:57 AM
TheLegend

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2022 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheLegendClick Here to visit TheLegend's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheLegendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is a very rare custom Pontiac Fiero body kit. I have had this kit for quite a long time and have never gotten around to using it. I customized so many cars in my days that I just never had the time to squeeze this one in. Now it is taking up valuable space and again I have too many projects and I hate to see it not being put to use. Of course, I am taking a huge loss selling it at just $850, but I would like for someone to buy it and put it on their car and take it to the local shows. If you were in the auto industry in the late 80's and 90's and especially in South Florida, I am Miami's King of Kustoms, a name given to me by a very special dear friend who passed years ago, George Barris. You will be buying this kit from me personally. Please only serious inquiries only. Thank you all and have a great day.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2022 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keith S.? That you?

Sorry. Just kidding.
What was the original name of the kit? It slightly resembles lots of cars I've seen, but it isn't any of them.
Good price, regardless.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-19-2022).]

dominic355

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2022 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Send a Private Message to dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the finished product. I sold the prototype about 10 years ago.

[This message has been edited by dominic355 (edited 07-19-2022).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2022 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is an excellent price, but I'm too far to get it and pick it up.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2022 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought that body looked very familiar to a red one that sold several years back...
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2022 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this you in the attached video?

https://youtu.be/sDfNvDPQgjw
Fiero-Vivo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2022 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-VivoSend a Private Message to Fiero-VivoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The above posted prototype of 10 years ago looks remarkably like the Ford experimental GN34 of 1983-86 (also a mid-engined V6). When push came to shove the Explorer won and a Ford GN34 never made it past the prototype stage.
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2022 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Legend,

I have some questions on the kit for the:

What style tail lights does this kit take?

It appears to be wider than stock (especially around the wheel wells), if it is, do you know by how much? If you aren't sure, could you take a measurement of the body going to the edge of the wheel wells?

For anyone else, does anyone have more pics of that completed one? I see that the kit comes with a new hood, which I'm guessing is to follow the line of the new nose?

Thanks all!

Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2022 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2022 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If we go back to way back when (mid 90's) I believe that IRM sold a fiberglass body kit that looked a lot like this one.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2022 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Send a Private Message to dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Trinten:

Hi Legend,

I have some questions on the kit for the:

What style tail lights does this kit take?

It appears to be wider than stock (especially around the wheel wells), if it is, do you know by how much? If you aren't sure, could you take a measurement of the body going to the edge of the wheel wells?

For anyone else, does anyone have more pics of that completed one? I see that the kit comes with a new hood, which I'm guessing is to follow the line of the new nose?

Thanks all!

Taillights are late 80'e early 90's Oldsmobile Toronado light.

PFF
System Bot
dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2022 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Send a Private Message to dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dominic355

271 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

If we go back to way back when (mid 90's) I believe that IRM sold a fiberglass body kit that looked a lot like this one.

It is not the IRM kit. It was a commissioned kit and was on the show circuit in the early 90's.
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2022 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Dominic!

Is that your car in the pictures?

I appreciate the info on the tail lights. That is a neat look, a little Tron meets "The Last Star Fighter"

From the front picture it definitely appears to be a wider kit than the usual wide body kits, which is something that works for me. Hopefully the OP will reply back, unless he's sold the kit locally on Craigslist or something.

This would dramatically change the plans for my body mods, though not in a bad way. It would mean I'd either need to get another Fiero GT or have a few of Keith's tail lights to sell.
dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2022 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Send a Private Message to dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Trinten:

Thanks Dominic!

Is that your car in the pictures?

I appreciate the info on the tail lights. That is a neat look, a little Tron meets "The Last Star Fighter"

From the front picture it definitely appears to be a wider kit than the usual wide body kits, which is something that works for me. Hopefully the OP will reply back, unless he's sold the kit locally on Craigslist or something.

This would dramatically change the plans for my body mods, though not in a bad way. It would mean I'd either need to get another Fiero GT or have a few of Keith's tail lights to sell.

Yes, these are pictures of my car. I sold the prototype about 10 years ago to a guy in Canada. I sold the original molds to a builder in South Texas. Last I heard they got destroyed in a storage fire. The car is wider. The wheels were custom made with specific offsets. They were similar to the classic Porsche wide body 911’s from the 80’s posters.
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2022 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I appreciate the details.

I'm sorry to hear the original molds were lost. That's unfortunate.
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2022 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More photos please !
I like... it so much.

' ...... I sold the prototype about 10 years ago to a guy in Canada. ..... '
Do you recall...where in Canada ? Inquiring minds.

' .... It was a commissioned kit and was on the show circuit in the early 90's .... '

Like to see other's photos from the shows, nice shape, nice air inlets.

Fly to Florida... purchase... truck it to Toronto... begin build... twin turbo...

-

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 08-14-2022).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2022 03:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Valkrie9

1642 posts
Member since Jan 2021
Legend

More photos please ! In the raw gelcoat, yes more.
I like...it so, so much.

Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2022 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As Dominic said a few posts ago, the molds for this body kit were apparently lost some time back, so this is something of a unicorn.

I did get a hold of the OP. He did say he'd rather sell it locally, because shipping it would be difficult and expensive, and I get where he's coming from with that, given the size of the pieces. Especially since if it gets damaged, there isn't molds to make replacements - it would just have to get repaired, or go through the cost of having bucks/molds made off of these. He's had it in storage for a long time, at least a decade.

He did apologize for not getting back to posting here, and he did say he would try to find the time to do so.

Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2024 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These panels just got posted on FB by a guy names John David who says he lives in West Sacramento CA

This is his post.....

This is a very rare custom Pontiac Fiero body kit. I have had this kit for quite a long time and have never gotten around to using it. I customized so many cars in my days that I just never had the time to squeeze this one in. Now it is taking up valuable space and again I have too many projects and I hate to see it not being put to use. Of course, I am taking a huge loss selling it

Sounds very fishy
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2024 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
intresting and he is in FL I think but i would need to get a Fiero again

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock