For Sale - 1984 2M4 very clean interior 66k miles by Wererabbit91
Started on: 08-24-2023 05:46 PM
Replies: 6 (517 views)
Last post by: Wererabbit91 on 11-24-2023 11:38 AM
Wererabbit91

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2023 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wererabbit91Send a Private Message to Wererabbit91Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD

I want to post this here to give Pennock's a chance at this Fiero. If no one is interested I plan to list it on Cars and Bids auction site in early September.
Both Cars-n-bids and Bring-a-Trailer declined to list this car. I'm happy to answer any questions or post more pictures.

$4500
$3000 OBO
66k miles
VIN 1G2AM37R1EP327461
1984 2M4 White with tan interior
Iron duke and 4spd manual
All stock except CAT delete, aftermarket single DIN radio
Manual windows, mirrors, locks
No defrost
Has AC converted to R134a but I think it needs a refill. I haven't found any leaks and will try to fix it before the sell.
Interior looks brand new, very little rust underneath for a rustbelt car.
I've been getting above 30mpg on the highway.
Tires have plenty of tread but 2014 date code.

I bought this Fiero a few months ago from another southeast Detroit owner who needed to sell the car due to frustration and needing money for house repairs. I wanted to make sure this car goes to an appreciative home. The car needed a new starter and a new trans axle seal. Fixed both of those quickly and got the car on the road. Realized it needed some further care. Changed oil, flushed brakes, replaced all engine/trans mounts (dogbone is on order), and I am going to give the car a good cleaning.

Now for the pictures

[This message has been edited by Wererabbit91 (edited 11-24-2023).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Wererabbit91

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2023 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wererabbit91Send a Private Message to Wererabbit91Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dropped the price since both the auction sites I reached out to declined to list the car.
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2023 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or list it on eBay....?

Edit

This nasty interior non-running '84 was sold at $5,500 which a PFF member bought it in Michigan:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/13...1:g:0yEAAOSwIoBkxZkP

Read this thread: Someone needs to buy this... or I will... by 82-T/A [At Work]
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...1/HTML/100497-2.html

And in this thread, the buyer said:

PFF Member smartaxel: Thanks to 82 - T/A for posting this, otherwise I'd have never come across it!

So, PFF and eBay are great 'billboards' and I posted a thread in 'General Fiero Chat' for the car.... Oops! - No cross-posting (Sorry Cliff!)

"Someone needs to buy this..." by Vintage-Nut

------------------
Original Owner of a '88 GT and 'Under Refurbishment'

[This message has been edited by Vintage-Nut (edited 08-26-2023).]

Wererabbit91

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2023 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wererabbit91Send a Private Message to Wererabbit91Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Vintage, I appreciate the help. I'll work on listing it on ebay this weekend. I will probably set a reserve, since I have $4000 all told in the car. I'm not looking for a huge profit. Just want to break even or get a couple hundred extra if I can.

I was asked on r/Fiero why I originally bought it:
1. I wanted to help out a fellow Fiero enthusiast who was desperate to sell.
2. I wanted to make sure a Fiero in this good of condition went to someone who would appreciate it.
3. I've been working on Fieros for 6 years now and know I could fix anything wrong on it.
4. I want a small run-about with 30+ mpg and a three pedal manual to be my new daily. I want to keep my skills fresh and my other vehicles are all autos that get at most 20 mpg
5. After fixing it I could flip it, store it (though I don't have tons of room) until I can flip it, or drive it till the iron duke dies then turn it into another Fiero project. Just need to keep the chassis and interior in good shape.

I figure this is a great car for someone who wants to restore it (just needs cleaning up at this point) or someone who wants to get into Fieros and doesn't want to start with a pile of rust and worn out parts. I'm not the collector type, so if I keep it its just a matter of time before I modify it.

I know the guy who bought the yellow Ferrari bodied Fiero. I have been talking to him as he literally digs into the car to clean it up and make his to-do list.
TakeTwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2023 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TakeTwoSend a Private Message to TakeTwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM
Wererabbit91

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2023 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wererabbit91Send a Private Message to Wererabbit91Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Neither Cars and Bids or Bring A trailer were interested. Finally listed it on ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/23...r=artemis&media=COPY

[This message has been edited by Wererabbit91 (edited 11-19-2023).]

Wererabbit91

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2023 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wererabbit91Send a Private Message to Wererabbit91Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock