Alt 3800 swap mechanic? by Ren1975
Started on: 12-09-2023 02:07 AM
Replies: 11 (394 views)
Last post by: Additivewalnut on 01-04-2024 08:53 PM
Ren1975

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2023 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ren1975Send a Private Message to Ren1975Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trying to find someone that does. The 3800 super charge swap In 1985 fiero .. I’m in the red deer area not having much luck ?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2023 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have the 3800sc yet? What engine is in the 85 now? Is it a running engine? Just curious...

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

Ren1975

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2023 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ren1975Send a Private Message to Ren1975Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have the 2.8 liter in the 1985 fiero. The supercharge is 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix gtp I it’s drivable just the transmission needs to be rebuilt as it slips. The fiero has had a complete body tear down and painted in a pearl green. I I’m in the pro of redoing the interior It will be black Needs tint and few other things. But looks ok.
AmphotEric

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2023 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmphotEricSend a Private Message to AmphotEricEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you happen to find a shop that does this, please let me know! I'm out in Kelowna, BC and have had no luck.
Ren1975

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2023 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ren1975Send a Private Message to Ren1975Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AmphotEric:

If you happen to find a shop that does this, please let me know! I'm out in Kelowna, BC and have had no luck.

I did find 3 and I believe that is all . Well you not going like this . 2 are in the US. And the last guy is in Ontario. I bin chatting with him so I probably will be going down there to get the swap done. Absolutely nobody in Alta or B.C , I’d drive to the states if i had to as well
AmphotEric

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2023 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmphotEricSend a Private Message to AmphotEricEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, Mitch is in the Niagara area, and does great work! Unfortunately, I'm not able to justify the cost of shipping the car down there (was quoted about 2.5k CAD) and back.

There are shops in my area that will do it, but they have no experience with it, so that's going to add up a bunch of shop hours. Did you try Hayes Performance? https://hayesperformanceplus.com/?_sm_nck=1
Ren1975

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2023 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ren1975Send a Private Message to Ren1975Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AmphotEric:

Yeah, Mitch is in the Niagara area, and does great work! Unfortunately, I'm not able to justify the cost of shipping the car down there (was quoted about 2.5k CAD) and back.

There are shops in my area that will do it, but they have no experience with it, so that's going to add up a bunch of shop hours. Did you try Hayes Performance? https://hayesperformanceplus.com/?_sm_nck=1

No I didn’t try them but yeah should have said. That yes there are a couple shops here that Key word (WANNA). Do it . Well. I just don’t (WANNA) have a major catastrophic breakdown with them not having experience doing it. Oh man I be extremely fragile for a while if tha T happened , I’m just afraid to let somebody try it first time. There good mechanics yes. Idk. Well as the saying goes gotta learn some how. Just. Not on my car f for the demo first time. What’s Haynes performance They do stuff like that. ?
stashu11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2023 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stashu11Send a Private Message to stashu11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've heard great things about the guy in Niagara Falls. I've talked to him myself. If I had the money, he'd be the one I'd pick.
Ren1975

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2023 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ren1975Send a Private Message to Ren1975Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stashu11:

I've heard great things about the guy in Niagara Falls. I've talked to him myself. If I had the money, he'd be the one I'd pick.

Oh ok. Did you ever get a price from him. I’m I don’t know if I should take the motor and tranny out whom I find a guy to do it. Probably be better and save labour I guess. Idk.
AmphotEric

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2023 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmphotEricSend a Private Message to AmphotEricEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ren1975:

No I didn’t try them but yeah should have said. That yes there are a couple shops here that Key word (WANNA). Do it . Well. I just don’t (WANNA) have a major catastrophic breakdown with them not having experience doing it. Oh man I be extremely fragile for a while if tha T happened , I’m just afraid to let somebody try it first time. There good mechanics yes. Idk. Well as the saying goes gotta learn some how. Just. Not on my car f for the demo first time. What’s Haynes performance They do stuff like that. ?

I spoke with them earlier this year and they said they've done the swap before. I say their name mentioned in one of the Facebook groups. Might be worth a try?
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2023 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2seatgarage@gmail.com
PFF
System Bot
Additivewalnut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2024 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AdditivewalnutSend a Private Message to AdditivewalnutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's a guy in Krakow, Wisconsin that did mine. Granted that may be VERY far for you. He does good work and for cheap. He only charged me 2k and he fabricated dogbones and all that, got it done in a month.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock