CA legal 3800sc 88 gt by shemdogg
Started on: 06-28-2024 06:23 PM
Replies: 8 (400 views)
Last post by: Vintage-Nut on 07-26-2024 11:29 AM
shemdogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2024 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not mine, coulda been tho !@#$%^&*()_

https://sfbay.craigslist.or...00sc/7761048712.html

shem
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Notchback Noob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2024 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Notchback NoobSend a Private Message to Notchback NoobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if i wasn't so deep into my own build i'd hop right on this. 88 gt, manual 5 speed 3800 swap, carb stickered? damn.
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2024 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, it's July 5th and the post is still up. My understanding was that one couldn't get a CARB sticker for an engine/transmission combination that wasn't OEM. The 3800SC never shipped with a manual.
Notchback Noob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2024 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Notchback NoobSend a Private Message to Notchback NoobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All depends on the ref. AFAIK there's no set rule you can't use a non original transmission, but most refs will fail it as "affecting the emissions of the motor."

My friend and I both swapped our 80s BMWs to 90s m3 motors, we took our finished swaps for carb approval to different places and had totally different "must fix lists" even though we did our swaps exactly the same.

Lots of personal interpretation going on by refs, and if you get a bad/unfriendly ref the notes in your file can make it very difficult.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2024 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I'm not mistaken, the last time we used a red registration sticker was 2021 so he might be having issues with the registration.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2024 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the sticker is red for 2025. They could have reffed it with an auto then swapped it to a manual. I have seen people do this. Sounds like a complete pita but you get the sticker out of it.
thefleshrocket

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2024 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefleshrocketSend a Private Message to thefleshrocketEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The engine bay is super gross, leading me to suspect that whoever did this swap wasn't the kind of person to be meticulously detail oriented. And obviously the paint is badly faded--this thing is gonna need some serious funds invested to be in nice shape.
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2024 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

the sticker is red for 2025. They could have reffed it with an auto then swapped it to a manual. I have seen people do this. Sounds like a complete pita but you get the sticker out of it.

Hmmmn, that wouldn't raise a Flag at the next smog check??

BTW, as of 25 July the posting is still up.
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2024 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IMSA GT:
If I'm not mistaken, the last time we used a red registration sticker was 2021 so he might be having issues with the registration.

mmeyer86gt/gtp:
the sticker is red for 2025
False or Inaccurate

BTW - California Registration Stickers are on a 5-year rotation: Y, R, G, O, B
2026 will be RED
2025 are YELLOW
2024 was BLUE
2023 was ORANGE
2022 was GREEN
2021 was RED

------------------
Original Owner of a Silver '88 GT