Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Keith Goodyear Lenses for sale (Fiero GT Tail light lenses)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Keith Goodyear Lenses for sale (Fiero GT Tail light lenses) by psychosurfer
Started on: 07-08-2024 03:10 PM
Replies: 12 (420 views)
Last post by: Fieroking on 09-04-2024 07:39 PM
psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2024 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit to reflect price reduction: These are brand new Keith Goodyear clear (undecorated) Fiero GT fastback tail light lenses. We had ordered multiple sets but the decoration lines were poor. So, we got replacements in clear with the stencils to properly mask the black (or you could choose a custom decoration). Lenses have never been unwrapped and only unboxed to take pics for this ad. $550 shipped to lower 48.

[This message has been edited by psychosurfer (edited 08-17-2024).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2024 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One hell of a good price. Someone better snag these quick. Perfect option for someone who wants to customize the text.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 07-08-2024).]

psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2024 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good afternoon, everyone. Ive had lots of messages on FB about these, but really only from people that dont know what they are. About to toss em in the barn and save em for a rainy day. I figuged they would sell fast. Any thoughts on why there seems to be no interest?
NewDustin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2024 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by psychosurfer:

Good afternoon, everyone. Ive had lots of messages on FB about these, but really only from people that dont know what they are. About to toss em in the barn and save em for a rainy day. I figuged they would sell fast. Any thoughts on why there seems to be no interest?

For me it's because I don't even have taillights yet QQ

Given that fact I am a huge proponent of you sticking them in the barn. Hide them until I need them; it's a great idea
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2024 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NewDustin:

For me it's because I don't even have taillights yet QQ

Given that fact I am a huge proponent of you sticking them in the barn. Hide them until I need them; it's a great idea

LOL. Love it, buddy.

Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2024 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

psychosurfer:
Any thoughts on why there seems to be no interest?

My thought; I believe that the majority of PFF members want Keith Goodyear's reproduction as the 'original' look.....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/326125315716

------------------
Original Owner of a Silver '88 GT
Under 'Production Refurbishment' @ 136k Miles

reinhart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2024 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by psychosurfer:

I think there is this crazy notion that flooding the market with 1000 taillights would increase the price for taillights. Reminds me of the tulip bubble the prices people were paying for these. Adding aftermarket lenses should decrease the price not increase them, yet folks bought these for $400 and think they are worth $1000-$1500 now.
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2024 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

reinhart:
yet folks bought these for $400 and think they are worth $1000-$1500 now.

I think all members know that some Fiero parts are 'rarer' than others........

Like Fastback OEM Quarter Windows, '88 Rear Brake Calipers, '88 Engine Cradles and yes, '86-'88 GT Tail Lamp/Light Assemblies or Leneses

Keith Goodyear’s GT reproduction lenses are/were the BEST option for cracked, damaged or missing parts.

GT tail lights by jjd2296 (Feb 2024) were SOLD at $1,200 Canadia in FOUR HOURS from the post in 'The Mall'....

SOLD May at $600 - clear (undecorated)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/326104521145?

SOLD May at $1,500 - the 'original' look
https://www.ebay.com/itm/166729263877?

Try to find ORIGINAL Factory/OEM parts....I did and I was lucky to get brand-new GM parts which they costed less than the recent reproduction prices.....
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2024 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like everything else price is always based upon supply and demand. Keith Goodyear's Fiero GT taillight lenses were expensive as the cost of the tooling had to be amortized in the price plus GM wanted a cut. Must say Keith did a great job. I took a more cost effective option and went with a C4 Corvette panel. Now my lenses cost $5.95 ea. so I keep an extra set of 4.
IMO a tinted set of GT lenses without the Pontiac name would make a good continuation product but for $200 each.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2024 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
I took a more cost effective option and went with a C4 Corvette panel. Now my lenses cost $5.95 ea. so I keep an extra set of 4.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but is there a build thread for this?
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2024 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NewDustin:
I don't want to hijack this thread, but is there a build thread for this?

Use the PFF 'Search' function.....

The Corvette C4 Light Panel by Dennis LaGrua
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/143539.html
PFF
System Bot
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2024 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to bump this up. How about 550 shipped in lower 48. We are cleaning house and this is among the last of the "extras" taking up space.
Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2024 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take them for my other GT.

Joe Sokol

------------------
85 SE Daily driver with a 3.4 DOHC OBD II
88 Formula/GT 4.9 Allante Intake (My Baby)
www.fieroking.com

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock