Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  4,522 Indy for sale? Gauging interest...

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
4,522 Indy for sale? Gauging interest... by davikan
Started on: 07-16-2024 04:39 PM
Replies: 10 (253 views)
Last post by: davikan on 07-23-2024 07:10 PM
davikan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2024 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davikanClick Here to visit davikan's HomePageSend a Private Message to davikanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Fiero Community -

Life happens, and events have led me to consider parting with my beloved Indy. No, I'm not entirely sure about this, but if the right buyer is out there, I can probably be convinced.

The car currently has 4,522 miles on the odometer. According to this page here on Pennock's, she's number 928 in the registry. I'd consider her 99% original - maybe more. The non-original bits include:

- The A/C refrigerant was converted to the new stuff before I bought the car in 2007.
- The original cassette deck has a modern aux in jack - but it was done in the back of the deck, so it remains hidden unless you pull out the cord.
- I swapped the original tires for new in 2016

I've resolved to only sell to a fellow Fiero lover, someone that will cherish this car as I have: she won't be going to anyone that'll make her into a daily driver. So, my first post about this is here on Pennock's. If you recognize what a gem this car is, and if you'd love to be the next to take care of her, let me know.

------------------

[This message has been edited by davikan (edited 08-01-2024).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2024 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That Fiero appears to be in excellent condition and probably will bring a price at the high end of the scale but what is it ? I can tell you that the 4 speed with the Duke isn't he best driver especially on today's highways where 70-80 mph speeds are common. In view of this the Indy may be best suited to trailer queen status. You might want to reference the blue book for guidelines on value.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 07-18-2024).]

davikan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2024 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davikanClick Here to visit davikan's HomePageSend a Private Message to davikanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

That Fiero appears to be in excellent condition and probably will bring a price at the high end of the scale but what it ? I can tell you that the 4 speed with the Duke isn't he best driver especially on today's highways where 70-80 mph speeds are common. In view of this the Indy may be best suited to trailer queen status. You might want to reference the blue book for guidelines on value.

Thanks for the comments, Dennis. I'm not a collector car expert like others here on Pennock's are, but yes, I think she's a trailer queen. QUESTION: do you really think Blue Book is a good reference for this particular car? Again, I'm no expert, but it seems as if values of rare Fieros like this one aren't really reflected in the Blue Book: it's just not an accurate reference for our particular car community.

Thoughts?

------------------

Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2024 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe one PFF member has two low mile Indys........

davikan:
QUESTION: do you really think Blue Book is a good reference for this particular car?

As Dennis LaGrua said, the car "appears to be in excellent condition and probably will bring a price at the high end of the scale".

On the other hand, the 1984 ‘Iron Duke’ engine is the 'worst' of the Fiero family in my opinion.

To me, you're seeking a "collector", not an "enthusiast"

'Value' is an arbitrary amount that can have different meanings depending on the person.

'Worth' is the 'real' value in the market when finding a 'buyer' based upon the selling price.

So as your question about a very low mile trailer queen price?

IMHO - Your 'best' bet is to get the vehicle appraised by a classic car appraiser.

And more to the point of your "Gauging Interest" of a collector on PFF; I wish you the best of luck as you never know........

------------------
Original Owner of a Silver '88 GT
Under 'Production Refurbishment' @ 136k Miles

[This message has been edited by Vintage-Nut (edited 07-18-2024).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2024 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Real value" is a very difficult parameter to determine. If we do a search on what the Fiero Indy cars with very low miles in top condition sold for in the past they were in the $15K range. Most Fieros owners would not pay this much for a 92 HP Duke car so I would say you are seeking the right buyer who is a Pontiac collector.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2024 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
davikan, Your car is beautiful. Good luck with your decision to sell it or not. If I was in the market for an Indy, I certainly would want one in the condition your is in.
davikan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2024 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davikanClick Here to visit davikan's HomePageSend a Private Message to davikanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

davikan, Your car is beautiful. Good luck with your decision to sell it or not. If I was in the market for an Indy, I certainly would want one in the condition your is in.

Thank you! Yeah, it's going to be hard to see her go, but it's time that someone else had the opportunity to appreciate her like I have.

------------------

reinhart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2024 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The hood doesn't match the fenders/fascia based on multiple pictures so wasn't just the angle. Was it repainted? Doesn't seem right.
davikan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2024 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davikanClick Here to visit davikan's HomePageSend a Private Message to davikanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by reinhart:

The hood doesn't match the fenders/fascia based on multiple pictures so wasn't just the angle. Was it repainted? Doesn't seem right.

Good eye, reinhart! Yellowing paint on an Indy Fiero's nose is actually a mark of an original paint job. If the aero nose, hood, and fenders are all the same white, something's been repainted.

According to Fred Bartemeyer (as much of a Fiero guru as there is, I think):

Yes, yellowing white paint was a common issue across the board at GM in the era. It is caused by the flex agent used in the paint.

My Indy has the same yellowing. It is called "blushing". There was a Technical Service Bulletin issued that allowed the owner to have the two fascias repainted under warranty if desired. The condition was more prevalent where hot temperatures were common.

I have five low mileage original paint 84s that have original paint in varying intensity. All consistent with the gun strokes.

I don't blame you for raising this issue, but I can tell you that the paint is all original.

[This message has been edited by davikan (edited 07-21-2024).]

Dukesterpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2024 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DukesterproSend a Private Message to DukesterproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your car will sell, and it will fetch top dollar. But I'd bet my boots it won't be here. Put it out there on some Pontiac specific collectors feed and you'll have em eating out of your hand
davikan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2024 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davikanClick Here to visit davikan's HomePageSend a Private Message to davikanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dukesterpro:

Your car will sell, and it will fetch top dollar. But I'd bet my boots it won't be here. Put it out there on some Pontiac specific collectors feed and you'll have em eating out of your hand

Any suggestions as to which sites?
Or should I just go with Bring A Trailer?

------------------

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock