a very unique fiero.... by Mythingie
Started on: 09-08-2024 02:27 PM
Replies: 21 (797 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 10-20-2024 10:43 AM
Mythingie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2024 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MythingieSend a Private Message to MythingieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

one word for this awsome peice of history.
disney
one of a kind color name...
2 total car that are relqted go eachother...
i have a friend who willing to sell it for a price.
do you know this cars history?

------------------
AMAAR

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2024 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a SCAM to me...
Mythingie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2024 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MythingieSend a Private Message to MythingieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike in Sydney:

Sounds like a SCAM to me...

A scam you say?

Minnie mouse was sold to an auction in cali
But the micky mouse isnt nowhere to be found
You are aware of this yes?
The color code of this paint is micky mouse red
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2024 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’m not saying you’re wrong, but we need some historical experts to jump in here…
G-Man

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2024 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think there used to be a red Fiero displayed somewhere up inside that big ball in Epcot Center. You would pass it on the ride you take thru it but I wouldn't think there would be anything all that special about it. Not enough to warrant character name paint colors.

You joined up just to post a 'For Sale' ad. Your post count is no where near high enough for the members to have learned who you are and trust you. You list your location as simply 'America' but the grammar/wording in your posts seem to indicate that English is not your primary language. This all points to being a potential scam.

From the one pic you posted, the car seems in decent shape but, like R Runner said, we need one of the history experts to say if this is a real thing.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2024 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I doubt if any Fiero that was at a different place in a different time would bring big dollars. This is just a run-of-the -mill automobile. Does anyone really care where it was exhibited? Over 137,000 Fieros were built so it is not a rare car unless it was a documented prototype, produced in small numbers, has an end of production VIN, or some rare features.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2024 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a normal red bumper pad Fiero, what am I missing?
Mythingie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2024 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MythingieSend a Private Message to MythingieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I mean you got to keep in mind that this was a Disney giveaway in 1985 and this was painted by Disney themselves, maybe just a red bumper however there are stitches inside of the passenger glove box (pocket) were they have the Mickey mouse logo suit in and the car was just barely rebuffed with its original paint

Originally posted by G-Man:

I think there used to be a red Fiero displayed somewhere up inside that big ball in Epcot Center. You would pass it on the ride you take thru it but I wouldn't think there would be anything all that special about it. Not enough to warrant character name paint colors.

You joined up just to post a 'For Sale' ad. Your post count is no where near high enough for the members to have learned who you are and trust you. You list your location as simply 'America' but the grammar/wording in your posts seem to indicate that English is not your primary language. This all points to being a potential scam.

From the one pic you posted, the car seems in decent shape but, like R Runner said, we need one of the history experts to say if this is a real thing.

Mswilcher

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2024 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MswilcherSend a Private Message to MswilcherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My understanding is that Minnie put a pair of her panties in the dash pocket. Did you find them?
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2024 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Respectfully, this is just a run of the mill red 1985 Fiero 2m4. It seems to be missing parts too, like the center cap and even the sail panel insert. So, I have to assume the car has some miles on it, and based on the fact that the front-end has been bumped into a couple of times (chipping paint), it probably has like over 100k miles too.

I don't know what you're asking for it, but assuming it runs well and doesn't need anything, it's probably a $4,000 car.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2024 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Respectfully, this is just a run of the mill red 1985 Fiero 2m4. It seems to be missing parts too, like the center cap and even the sail panel insert. So, I have to assume the car has some miles on it, and based on the fact that the front-end has been bumped into a couple of times (chipping paint), it probably has like over 100k miles too.

I don't know what you're asking for it, but assuming it runs well and doesn't need anything, it's probably a $4,000 car.

Even if Walt Disney himself signed the map pocket, it would still be worth $1,500

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 09-23-2024).]

PFF
System Bot
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2024 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Find a John Delorean signature on it somewhere and we might show some more interest.
Mythingie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2024 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MythingieSend a Private Message to MythingieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The part that matters is that there are only two cars that were officially given away that was the Minnie mouse Pontiac fiero or the Mickey mouse Pontiac fiero
The Minnie mouse was privately sold....

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
I doubt if any Fiero that was at a different place in a different time would bring big dollars. This is just a run-of-the -mill automobile. Does anyone really care where it was exhibited? Over 137,000 Fieros were built so it is not a rare car unless it was a documented prototype, produced in small numbers, has an end of production VIN, or some rare features.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2024 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mythingie:

The part that matters is that there are only two cars that were officially given away that was the Minnie mouse Pontiac fiero or the Mickey mouse Pontiac fiero
The Minnie mouse was privately sold....

Ok, I want to be helpful, so here is what I would do:

1 - I would try to clean up and fix the car up as much as possible. Right now, as I mentioned, it's missing some parts. Replace the missing center cap, etc.. I would also try to fix / replace the sail panel (the insert seems to be missing). Anything else you can do on the car to clean / fix it up, I would do...

2 - I would get as much information as you can about the Mickey / Minnie car as you can. That means pictures, a news article, anything you can share. For the record, I just searched the internet (casually) and could find absolutely nothing about it. Are you sure this is a real thing?

3 - Because the car is a 1985 model year, it's still eligible for the Pontiac Historical Services documentation service: https://www.phs-online.com/. This can get you all the information you need on how it was sold / configured, and to what dealership it was sold (e.g., in Orlando). This can help reinforce your point.

As it sits right now, if it runs well... it's probably a $4,500 car. With what you're saying, if you can get all that information and bring it from a 6 to an 8 in condition, you can probably get $7,500 from a very Disney-obsessed inclined person.

There aren't many of those here on Pennock's; however... and I live an hour away from Orlando.
kendell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2024 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kendellSend a Private Message to kendellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great suggestions from above. Update us when you had some leads of its history or documentation.
Mythingie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2024 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MythingieSend a Private Message to MythingieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you very much for this information I'm going to try and find articles and documentation and more
If I remember the private auction that was sold over at Minnie mouse poniac was over $100,000
The only problem is that the auction was private....
This may take me a couple weeks as I am very busy but I will find information on this thank you for the advice

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Ok, I want to be helpful, so here is what I would do:

1 - I would try to clean up and fix the car up as much as possible. Right now, as I mentioned, it's missing some parts. Replace the missing center cap, etc.. I would also try to fix / replace the sail panel (the insert seems to be missing). Anything else you can do on the car to clean / fix it up, I would do...

2 - I would get as much information as you can about the Mickey / Minnie car as you can. That means pictures, a news article, anything you can share. For the record, I just searched the internet (casually) and could find absolutely nothing about it. Are you sure this is a real thing?

3 - Because the car is a 1985 model year, it's still eligible for the Pontiac Historical Services documentation service: https://www.phs-online.com/. This can get you all the information you need on how it was sold / configured, and to what dealership it was sold (e.g., in Orlando). This can help reinforce your point.

As it sits right now, if it runs well... it's probably a $4,500 car. With what you're saying, if you can get all that information and bring it from a 6 to an 8 in condition, you can probably get $7,500 from a very Disney-obsessed inclined person.

There aren't many of those here on Pennock's; however... and I live an hour away from Orlando.

G-Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2024 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This still sounds 'Goofy' to me.

Sorry, I just had to.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2024 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That makes about the same sense as offering only a few friends an opportunity to buy it.

Though, their is a Disney Fiero.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2024 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you very much for this information I'm going to try and find articles and documentation and more
If I remember the private auction that was sold over at Minnie mouse poniac was over $100,000
This may take me a couple weeks as I am very busy but I will find information on this thank you for the advice

Respectfully, I think you're trying to con people on here. A high mileage and sun-weathered Fiero would not command $100k simply because it was a Disney give-away. Many famous people have owned Fieros, and they don't command anything. Marilyn Manson's Fiero sold for like $1,000 bucks. The very last Fiero to roll off the assembly line, which is totally loaded with the signatures of all the factory workers... even that didn't go over $50k (someone correct me if I'm wrong). There's no way you're going to get anywhere near that.

I'm sorry, not trying to be mean, but this is getting silly.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2024 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a Mickey Mouse red color. F60000 (~Red).

I am not buying it either Todd. Just trying to be silly.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-29-2024).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2024 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You couldn't get $100,000 for a "poniac" even if both Minnie and Mickey Mouse themselves were nesting in the HVAC air box.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-13-2024).]

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2024 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I guess someone snapped it up!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock