Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  On eBay: The Fiero Store 86-88 Pontiac Fiero GT fastback lenses - NEW

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
On eBay: The Fiero Store 86-88 Pontiac Fiero GT fastback lenses - NEW by Vintage-Nut
Started on: 09-20-2024 11:19 PM
Replies: 11 (360 views)
Last post by: NewDustin on 10-01-2024 11:56 AM
Vintage-Nut

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2024 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On ebay starting at $500

86-88 Pontiac Fiero GT fastback replacement lenses
https://www.ebay.com/itm/126683879771?

In the right lens at the bottom of the clear area; I see the DOT letters meaning "the real deal"!

------------------
Original Owner of a Silver '88 GT
Under 'Production Refurbishment' @ 136k Miles

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2024 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now THESE should sell for a high price. I'm guessing well over $1,000, maybe even $1,500 by the time the auction is over.
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2024 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
9 watchers without a bid......

[This message has been edited by Vintage-Nut (edited 09-22-2024).]

Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2024 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$510 - 2 bids
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2024 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm gonna bid..... Would be nice to have as spares. But I suspect they will surpass what I'm able to afford for a spare set.
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2024 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At $587 with 4 Bidders

20 watchers.....

Ends on Monday!
reinhart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2024 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's the connection of these to the Fiero Store? Were they making these a long time ago?
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2024 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by reinhart:

What's the connection of these to the Fiero Store? Were they making these a long time ago?

Yes they were and their vendor had the original injection molds. The rumor is that their vendor went bankrupt, the bank took over the property, and the original GM molds were sent to a scrap yard and destroyed. Hence Keith Goodyear having to make new molds to produce his.

Also these appear to be their blemished set, at least from what I can see. They had an issue with the "T" being out of proportion. Notice the top of the T is a little wavy and where it curves down to make the bottom of the letter, the actual curves are different and a little out of whack.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 09-29-2024).]

Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2024 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD at $810 plus $29 shipping and Tax

Bidders:6
Bids:12

Perhaps 'the winner' was a PFF member...?

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2024 04:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keith changed the market for Fiero lenses for sure!

I went to the 35th to do a video for Keith showing off the new lenses he was making. After all the false starts, many thought the lenses were going to be vaporware. I got to hold them in my hands, examine them, and was floored how good they were, even being in the prototyping stages.

I KNEW when these hit the market, this was going to change the prices of existing lenses. The day I got back from the show, I put my spare set of new in the box Fiero lenses on eBay. They sold for $1,825 to a guy in Germany. Now here they are going for $800.... wow....

Here is the original video I shot of the pre-production lenses.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 10-01-2024).]

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2024 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vintage-Nut:

I tried to bid but suddenly Ebay decided it needed me to link myself to a different payment method, which is strange because my Paypal still works perfectly for all "Buy It Now" purchases. Maybe auctions are different? No matter; I would have dropped out at some point since I already have a pair of Keith's taillights as spares. My preference though is for the FS lenses which I feel are superior to Keith's.

PFF
System Bot
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2024 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vintage-Nut:

I was in all the way to $600. Would have been a hell of a deal. Winner still didn't do too bad.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock