Your Beer of Choice/Current Brew? by Ravant
Started on: 06-13-2014 10:36 PM
Replies: 31 (353 views)
Last post by: theBDub on 06-16-2014 01:39 PM
Ravant

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright, so. Tonight, I've been drinking. A lot. On to my thirteenth. Been experimenting with flavors among broad-market beers. (No microbrews.) So far, I've developed one favorite of this grouping.

Diesel Punk's IPA. It's pleasantly hoppy, not too bitter, and for a broad-market beer, surprisingly doesn't taste like piss. I approve. Their Porter's not as good, in my opinion. Was the second I've tried. The third I'm about to touch on is Batch 19 from Coors. Heard mixed reviews. Am a try-anything-once kinda guy, so figured... why not?

Anyway - if you have a favorite, post it here! If you've already gotten your favorite out, and are attempting something new, or drinking something else for now? Hell, post it here. If you can't drink, well, this ain't the thread for you. :P I look forward to seeing people's tastes and possibly learning of new, better brews.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ravant:

Anyway - if you have a favorite, post it here! If you've already gotten your favorite out, and are attempting something new, or drinking something else for now? Hell, post it here. If you can't drink, well, this ain't the thread for you. :P I look forward to seeing people's tastes and possibly learning of new, better brews.

What if I can drink, but don't like or drink beer?

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 06-13-2014).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For a readily available beer, Newcastle Brown Ale is hard to beat.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No beer tonight, but last night I enjoyed an AleSmith Speedway Stout on tap at World of Beer yesterday.
It's a Russian Imperial Stout with 12%ABV. Mighty fine.

It's as black as a mother-in-law's heart.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't always... aw, skip that.

Real men drink Bud Select 55 calorie beer.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rogue Double Chocolate Stout. (from tap) mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ravant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

What if I can drink, but don't like or drink beer?

Alright, let's expand it to wine or liquor too. No fair going for straight-up ethanol or moonshine.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Alright, let's expand it to wine or liquor too. No fair going for straight-up ethanol or moonshine.

Well in that case!

Tonight I'm drinking:

It's the last of it I have left from my trip to the Cayman Islands several years back. I'm either going to have to go back out there to get some more or find a place to order some... Yo-ho, yo-ho and all that stuff!

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 06-13-2014).]

Ravant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

Well in that case!

Tonight I'm drinking:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

It's the last of it I have left from my trip to the Cayman Islands several years back. I'm either going to have to go back out there to get some more or find a place to order some... Yo-ho, yo-ho and all that stuff!

If I can recommend, try Bacardi's Reserva. Can't get it in the states, but you can buy it at the distillery in Puerto Rico and bring back up to five bottles. Probably the single best rum I've ever tasted.
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If I can recommend, try Bacardi's Reserva. Can't get it in the states, but you can buy it at the distillery in Puerto Rico and bring back up to five bottles. Probably the single best rum I've ever tasted.

You know, I'd give you another + to your ratings if I could.

I'll have to do some looking for that if I get out that way. I like rum, but my wife hates it. She prefers tequila which I'm fine with also. Just whatever you do, don't give me Vodka. Ever since that one night back in my early 20's.... I can't even smell that stuff without it turning my stomach .
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is where I come in...
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beers??? Rogue makes a lot of good ones. Chris. For a chocolate one Samuel Adams makes the best Chocolate Bock I've ever had. Including that Rogue. 2nd is Young's Chocolate.

Top beers? IPA is a local brew F5...or Hop Czar.
Best beer? St. Peter's Creme Stout.
Just delicious? Samuel Smith... My favorite is the stout.

I am a guru of drink. Been working my Islay scotch glands lately, but appreciate it all.

Currently ran out of Ginger Beer for Moscow mules, so swapped to Redbull vodka. Next to my 40 Glock I keep Lagavulin and snifters. Ask Boony yo check his PMs.
dsnover

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dsnoverSend a Private Message to dsnoverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For cheap stuff, I like Yuengling Lager, or their Black and Tan is pretty good too. It's made here in Pennsylvania - the oldest brewery in the US. And they make Ice Cream too (but it's not as good as Turkey Hill All Natural).

http://www.yuengling.com

When I want something tasty and good, I go with Franziskaner Weissbier or Dunkel Weissbier. Couple of places around me have it on tap, and it's great.

http://www.franziskanerbeer.com

Stupid age check wasn't working on the US page.

https://www.franziskaner-we....de/auszeit/almevent

[This message has been edited by dsnover (edited 06-14-2014).]

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

I've been drinking that since I was a kid. A couple of scoops of vanilla ice-cream and you're GTG.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sam Miguel Cerveza Negra (Philippine beer) is pretty good if you like dark beer.

Nelson
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post06-15-2014 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree.

Originally posted by Wichita:

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-15-2014 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:
Ask Boony yo check his PMs.

Checked.

I'm no expert.
I drink Session by Full Sail Brewing Co.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

Beers??? Rogue makes a lot of good ones. Chris. For a chocolate one Samuel Adams makes the best Chocolate Bock I've ever had. Including that Rogue. 2nd is Young's Chocolate.

Top beers? IPA is a local brew F5...or Hop Czar.
Best beer? St. Peter's Creme Stout.
Just delicious? Samuel Smith... My favorite is the stout.

I am a guru of drink. Been working my Islay scotch glands lately, but appreciate it all.

Currently ran out of Ginger Beer for Moscow mules, so swapped to Redbull vodka. Next to my 40 Glock I keep Lagavulin and snifters. Ask Boony yo check his PMs.

Oh Yes, I REALLY enjoy the Sam Adams Chocolate Boch - I usually only get a few during the holidays in that "winter seasonal mix" (or whatever they call it) box.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dark beer. Bleah!

Corona.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-15-2014 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Corona.

Try Session sometime.
I dumped Corona for it.
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are the beers we tasted last night.

The Full Sail Imperial Stout and the Anderson Valley Bourbon Barrel Stout are both aged in whiskey barrels. To me, the whiskey flavor overwhelmed both brews so they were not my favorites, but I am not a whiskey drinker.

The Wet Snout Milk Stout was pleasant and balanced, but did not have as much character as the Lagunitas Imperial Stout, which was surprisingly tasty.

I have never had a Samuel Smith's that was not outstanding, and their Organic Chocolate Stout was no exception. It was easily the most balanced chocolate beer I have ever tasted.
Ravant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys've had some awesome inputs so far. Went and got myself some Lagunitas Imperial Stout. Going to try it while grilling today.
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dark beer. Bleah!

Corona.

not beer..yellow water at best lol

Guiness or most sam adams beers especially milk stout or oktoberfest

[This message has been edited by firstfiero (edited 06-15-2014).]

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had some homemade moonshine, last night, at a grad party, called apple pie. It was soooo gooood.

Jim
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

I had some homemade moonshine, last night, at a grad party, called apple pie. It was soooo gooood.

Jim

I've had some of that. Smoothest alcohol I've ever tried.

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've had some of that. Smoothest alcohol I've ever tried.

Smooth is a good word for it. I could have drank it like ice tea.

Jim

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

The Wet Snout Milk Stout was pleasant and balanced, but did not have as much character as the Lagunitas Imperial Stout, which was surprisingly tasty.

Here's another Lagunitas for you to try.

No, this isn't a photochop. Here's a better shot of the label.

http://lagunitas.com/beers/wilco-tango-foxtrot/

We planned to release the 2010 Recovery Ale as a follow-up to our 2009 Correction Ale, but we weren’t quite recovering….WTF! So we tried to label it the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot to abide by Army call-letters, but we were told that we couldn’t use the word ‘Whiskey’ on a beer label…WTF!

In the murky realm of things that make you go 'Hmmm...' 2010 may rank way, way up there. From the curious per curiam decision of 531U.S.98 in 2000, to WTC7, to the Superdome, to the Fall of the House of Lehman, to the Nobel President's Afghan Expedition escalation, to the oxymoronic Jobless Recovery of 2010; we have been confused. So, we done the only thing we could-we made beer-and lots of it. 6,420M cases of it to be exact. As far as we know, you drank it all. Thank you for that, because if you had not we would have been looking for a bailout of our own, and we haven't heard about any breweries either needing or receiving any of theose Yuan-flavored TARP dollars... although we have read that the Las Vegas adult video industry did. Nobody knows why. So, in a world that is once again the proverbial 'Ball of Confusion', craft beer alone seems to carry its own weight. It's nice to be on the winning team and thank you for your friendship and imbibiliciousness. Call us! 707-769-4495

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dark beer. Bleah!

Corona.

I'm not sure if it's available in your area, but Florida Lager is a nice, smooth lager beer. It's made by the Florida Brewing Company.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dark beer. Bleah!

Corona.

That's good when it's hot. Slice of lime, nice island breeze. Good times.
Bullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BulletSend a Private Message to BulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This past weekends lineup....

PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My favorite style is a Black IPA. They aren't very widely produced but each one I've had has been phenomenal so if you find one, it almost certainly passes my test.

My favorite beer to drink on a cold day is an ice cold Shiner Bock, but I settle for Bud Light here in my city.

As far as warm beers go, Stouts are an easy go-to, and I prefer nutty over coffee flavored.

IPAs are always a safe option. They can have a wide variety of taste on the pallet between brands but they also somehow manage to stay rather consistent and predictable with the hoppy swallow. I order that if I'm rushed in a restaurant for a beer of choice.

If I'm getting wasted I'm drinking a mixture of Jack/Jameson and Ginger Ale, shots of Fireball, and Bud Light. I'll usually start with one beer, go to whiskey ginger for the next 3, double whiskey gingers until I start to feel drunk, then basically a shot for every beer after that.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock