Started on: 09-06-2014 03:06 PM
Replies: 7 (252 views)
Last post by: DanDamage on 09-07-2014 11:33 AM
DanDamage

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
_1987 Digital Devil Story
http://www.gamefaqs.com/nes...megami-tensei/images

A game about a kid with a computer makes a program that let's him talk to demons, he gets sucked into their realm and its a role playing game. It's now a very popular franchise in America.

Now in English. Original 1987 English version 2014

[This message has been edited by DanDamage (edited 09-07-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Link doesn't work for me. ?

Brad
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

Link doesn't work for me. ?

Brad

Ditto
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can explain what it is without clicking a working link.

What GameFaqs is remarking on as being released in 2014 is a re-pro cart. There is a rather big, but still somewhat obscure, market of reproduction 8 bit and 16 bit games. Since individuals cannot re-release games that were originally sold in North America (Mario Bros., Zelda, etc), what these groups do is sell translated games that never were released in the United States. They literally sell the games as if they were new, complete with boxes, instructions, etc - just like if you bought them in the 80s or 90s.

Since ROMs of translated Japanese games are very easy to get a hold of, these groups take the ROM images and burn them into the original game carts. They then repackage them as working titles. Most of the time, these groups use sports game titles or games that were produced in mass quantities that no body would miss in their original form (i.e., the slew of Madden titles, Shaq Fu, etc).

Here's just a few;

Mother (Earthbound) for NES

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Star Fox 2 Reproduction for SNES. Never sold new in the US

Secret of Mana 2 for PAL using a Japanese Super Famicom cart translated

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Sailor Moon R (a fighting game) on a US cart translated

Titles range from $40-$80 depending on the producer and seller

[This message has been edited by Fiero84Freak (edited 09-06-2014).]

DanDamage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fixed the link, the game is actually on the SNES its a "remake" only released in Japan for the SNES. yes it has been translated by fans but flawlessly and accurately.

I love the "scary" demon setting predating even Doom

this is the 8 bit NES one

16 bit SNES remake that got translated

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They used to sell homebrew & rom dumps at http://www.retrousb.com/

I bought a blank burner board kit, & never did anything with it.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

I can explain what it is without clicking a working link.

What GameFaqs is remarking on as being released in 2014 is a re-pro cart. There is a rather big, but still somewhat obscure, market of reproduction 8 bit and 16 bit games. Since individuals cannot re-release games that were originally sold in North America (Mario Bros., Zelda, etc), what these groups do is sell translated games that never were released in the United States. They literally sell the games as if they were new, complete with boxes, instructions, etc - just like if you bought them in the 80s or 90s.

Yup! They do the same thing for the 64-bit Atari Jaguar too...

It's the only system that I collect everything for (since it's mostly attainable, unlike the NES which has 1000+ games).

Here are a bunch of the latest releases for the Jaguar:

DanDamage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always wanted a Jaguar CD for the game HIGHLANDER. I can get it to boot to the title screen then black out in the emu. I need to try a new emu maybe they fixed it

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock