Started on: 11-12-2014 08:32 AM
Replies: 6 (163 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 11-12-2014 12:27 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2014 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DC Police Employee on Concealed Carry: "The Second Amendment Was Written For When The British Were Coming"
Back in July the Washington D.C. ban on concealed and open carry of handguns was struck down by U.S. District Judge Frederick Scullin as unconstitutional. As a result, the DC City Council reluctantly voted to approve concealed carry, giving the power of writing the rules and regulations to the Washington D.C. police. Now, those rules have been written and they're impossible to follow.

Investigative reporter Emily Miller and author of Emily Gets Her Gun has started the process of applying for a concealed carry permit in the District. What she has found so far about the process is enraging. Currently, D.C. police are failing to comply with the court order and the required training that is only available through the D.C. police hasn't been set up yet. Further, the chief-of-police will determine who has enough evidence and justification for "needing" a concealed carry permit. Living in a high crime area with regular occurrences of rape and murder doesn't count.
Prove a need for a constitutional right? That's what D.C.'s new law says.

More bullzhit at the link.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero STS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2014 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Comming to a city near you!
zetabird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2014 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zetabirdSend a Private Message to zetabirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow, its odd seeing different regional views when it comes to law enforcement on the civilian carry of firearms When i applied for my CHL the cop at the station asked why i was appyling for one, i told him simply because i want to carry, he laughed said good answer thanked me for excising the 2A and pushed the paperwork through
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2014 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not an expert on DC but it kind of sounds like they proved that old saying "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns"
zipper9

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-12-2014 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zipper9Send a Private Message to zipper9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
who do you think keeps voting outlaws into office

[This message has been edited by zipper9 (edited 11-12-2014).]

Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2014 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm already used to this level of BS. Getting a concealed carry permit in New Jersey is "almost impossible" if anecdotes are to be believed. I've never tried, but I suspect the stories are true. I envy your options in other parts of the country.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2014 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:
I envy your options in other parts of the country.

The next Ferguson Missouri may be in your neighborhood.
Ferguson grand jury decision: Gun sales spike, Missouri Gov vows strong response to protests.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock