Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Brian Williams---LIVE from the moon! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Brian Williams---LIVE from the moon! by maryjane
Started on: 02-04-2015 10:53 PM
Replies: 58 (1375 views)
Last post by: steve308 on 02-12-2015 04:28 PM
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suppose what bothers me about things like this is that Brian Williams will surely be back. We have banks and businesses that are too big to fail, and now we have celebrities that are too famous to fail as well. They get to play by a different set of rules than you or I. If the average every day Joe gets caught lying at his job, he's almost guaranteed a pink slip. But when you're in a position such as Brian Williams, even with his credibility in the toilet, people like him, so that's all they seem to care about. Even if it turns out that every single story he's reported on in the last twenty years had been completely fabricated, people will still listen to him because he's "so classy and charismatic." There's no news programs anymore on the major networks, only (probably fictitious) entertainment.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

IP: Logged
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

I suppose what bothers me about things like this is that Brian Williams will surely be back. We have banks and businesses that are too big to fail, and now we have celebrities that are too famous to fail as well. They get to play by a different set of rules than you or I. If the average every day Joe gets caught lying at his job, he's almost guaranteed a pink slip. But when you're in a position such as Brian Williams, even with his credibility in the toilet, people like him, so that's all they seem to care about. Even if it turns out that every single story he's reported on in the last twenty years had been completely fabricated, people will still listen to him because he's "so classy and charismatic." There's no news programs anymore on the major networks, only (probably fictitious) entertainment.

Also the fact that Brian Williams just signed a 5-year contract in December with NBC for $10 million a year can make it tough to let him go without paying a big amount to let him go.

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 02-10-2015).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-10-2015 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 12" penis. Brian Williams confirmed this.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

I have a 12" penis. Brian Williams confirmed this.

When asked about that by National Inquirer and World Daily News reporters, he said "It's a clear case of Tony mis-remembering the event and I don't know how he became so conflated in stating what he did. It was actually Tony who verified the length of my member, not me checking his.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69764 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Jon Stewart tried to play the diversion and mis-direction game--you know--the "Don't look here (at Williams) ---- everyone look over there (at Bush) " .
It didn't work. Even he knew it didn't.

http://www.newsday.com/ente...lliams-but-1.9922845
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Jon Stewart tried to play the diversion and mis-direction game--you know--the "Don't look here (at Williams) ---- everyone look over there (at Bush) " .
It didn't work. Even he knew it didn't.

http://www.newsday.com/ente...lliams-but-1.9922845

I wondered how that would play out. Brian Williams has been a guest on many comedy shows over the years, and is supposed to be friends with many of the hosts. Since a very large group of the country is said to get its news from Jon Stewart....

Brad
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Suspended 6 months without pay...

http://www.foxnews.com/ente...lliams-for-6-months/

Brian Williams, anchor and managing editor of "NBC Nightly News," was suspended for six months following his misrepresentation of accounts of some news events, NBC said Tuesday night.

"We have decided today to suspend Brian Williams as managing editor and anchor of NBC Nightly News for six months," NBC News president Deborah Turness said in a statement. "The suspension will be without pay and is effective immediately. We let Brian know of our decision earlier today. Lester Holt will continue to substitute Anchor the NBC Nightly News."

NBC chief executive Steve Burke said Tuesday that Williams' actions were inexcusable and jeopardized the trust he has built up with viewers during his decade as the network's lead anchor. But he said Williams deserved a second chance.

Williams apologized last week for saying he was in a helicopter that was hit by a grenade while covering the Iraq War in 2003. Instead, he was in a group of helicopters and another was hit, and some veterans involved in the mission called him out on it.

Turness said its probe into Williams' statements is continuing.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

“This was wrong and completely inappropriate for someone in Brian’s position,” Deborah Turness, the president of NBC News, said in an internal memo.

Equally wrong and equally inappropriate for anyone in any position. Lies always are.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If Brian Williams received any awards for his reporting that included any of these now-defunct stories, I wonder if he will be expected to return them.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

If Brian Williams received any awards for his reporting that included any of these now-defunct stories, I wonder if he will be expected to return them.

I'm sure Kanye West would tell him he should give them to Beyon´ce.
PFF
System Bot
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I'm sure Kanye West would tell him he should give them to Beyon´ce.

fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Part of the NBC's statement announcing Brian Williams six month suspension ...

"This has been a painful period for all concerned and we appreciate your patience while we gathered the available facts. By his actions, Brian has jeopardized the trust millions of Americans misplaced in NBC News.

I had to fix it.

Someone should make a gif of Lester Holt twerking Brian Williams. It might go viral.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post02-11-2015 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sadly in6 months, he'll have his job back and the masses will for the most part have forgotten.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

Sadly in6 months, he'll have his job back and the masses will for the most part have forgotten.

Yep, the sheeple that worship MSNBC and NBC as a whole have already forgiven him--or never believed there was anything to forgive to begin with.
Huffington Post is already playing the "We all do it so it's okay" card.

Brian Williams, the long-time anchor of NBC Nightly News, was caught lying, padding his resume. The media and others are aghast, asking questions like, "Why did he lie given he had reached the top of his profession and earned millions of dollars per year?"

We live in a terribly un-psychological culture -- we think being rich and successful makes a person less desperate or more secure.

Instead of having Williams admit that he lied and apologize for it, I would have liked to hear him say, "I tried to feel good about myself but never felt good enough. I constantly criticized myself. I inflated who I was hoping that somehow the reflection back from my audience would overcome my inner diminishment. Now I see that it never did and it never can."

Psychologist Julie Diamond, Ph.D., says, "Humans are exceptional liars, truth stretchers, story weavers, myth makers and data ignorers." This is not only Brian Williams; many of us are subject to such fierce inner and outer criticism that we would do almost anything to feel good about ourselves

http://www.huffingtonpost.c...p_ref=media&ir=Media

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-11-2015).]

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting take from Business Insider saying he might never be back

http://www.msn.com/en-us/ne...htly-news/ar-AA9fCFF
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2015 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A shame he's off the air--he could be telling everyone how he personally made 60 Minutes' Bob Simon the great independent journalist and correspondent he was.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news...bob-simon-1941-2015/
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2015 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He could be the perfect replacement for Jon Stewart. Just think of the segment "When I was at _________ or When I was with ________" It almost writes itself .
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock