Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Brian Williams---LIVE from the moon! (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Brian Williams---LIVE from the moon! by maryjane
Started on: 02-04-2015 10:53 PM
Replies: 58 (1375 views)
Last post by: steve308 on 02-12-2015 04:28 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
liar

Moron.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-05-2015 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I concur.
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can anyone believe the "reporters" on NBC or MSNBC? A lot of hype for his resume.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Being on a helicopter an hour BEHIND the one that got hit is a LONG way from being ON the helicopter that got hit...... "mis remembered"? Yeah sure Brian..then you can't even come clean and make a real and decent apology for your blatant lies? That's thing about a lie--you always have to cover it up with another lie--or come clean. Choice was his--and NBC's.

http://www.usatoday.com/sto...-fire-iraq/22914563/
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The link above from the LA Times - Brian Williams "mis-remembers" !?!?!?! Somebody should kick those LA Times people in the nuts.

Here's another version - "Brian Williams Lied ...."

http://www.foxnews.com/poli...g-shot-down-in-iraq/

This country is a crying shame. Thank God I lived when I saw this guy every night - GOD BLESS YOU WALTER

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How in the heck do you "mis-remember" something like that? In my opinion, the fool lied for the sake of a story. The comments I've seen on this are something like "Oh okay Brian. It's okay. We understand that everyone makes mistakes. All is forgiven." Those same people would be ruthless had it been a Fox reporter. The same goes for those who would forgive a Fox News reporter for doing something like that, yet crucify Brian Williams for doing the same thing. If a reporter fabricates a story just for the sake of making a story, shame on them whatever "news" channel they work for.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:
This country is a crying shame. Thank God I lived when I saw this guy every night - GOD BLESS YOU WALTER

TONY_C

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

The link above from the LA Times - Brian Williams "mis-remembers" !?!?!?! Somebody should kick those LA Times people in the nuts.

Here's another version - "Brian Williams Lied ...."

http://www.foxnews.com/poli...g-shot-down-in-iraq/

I hate to break it to you but good old Walter was as bad or worse than they are now.

http://newsbusters.org/blog...kite-far-more-biased
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 210
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"..and that's the way it is..."
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

"..and that's the way it is..."

".... as we at CBS want you to see it...."
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post02-05-2015 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He "conflated".
Forgivable around the campfire, but not as a reporter.

But the news is in charge of the truth, right?

PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
“There is no Pravda in Izvestiya and there is no Izvestiya in Pravda.”
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

He "conflated".
Forgivable around the campfire, but not as a reporter.

We have a different name for it 'round here.

normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello, turns out that reporting from his window of his hotel, during the Katrina Hurricane, he saw dead bodies floating by. What really happened is far from what he reported and got a award for. As his hotel was not near the flooding so he could not possibly see any dead bodies, let alone floating from his window balconey. Lying again!!
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that a lot of the reporters on the national level are either been tempted or have already made up "news" in order to get that breaking story with hopes to get in line for the next big award. I think objective journalism and ethics died some time ago.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
C'mon now - I was referring to Walter Cronkite himself, not CBS. I'd have a very hard time believing Cronkite would deliberately lie for any reason - he's just not made that way; America wasn't made that way at the time. But in the "new normal" I can easily believe Williams would lie for personal gain or even to feed his own ego. That's the way it is now in this "exploit anything and everything you can, as much as you can" society.

Looks like the veterans are angry

http://www.stripes.com/news...ers-protest-1.327792

Tom Brokaw wants him fired

http://pagesix.com/2015/02/...rian-williams-fired/

But he's just digging himself in deeper

http://www.nytimes.com/2015...challenged.html?_r=0

And (as stated above) his Katrina reports are now being scrutinized

http://www.theneworleansadv...nchor-brian-williams

In that last link, it's also interesting that they mention Chris Kyle's claim that he killed 30 looters but no one found those bullet-riddled corpses (bottom of the page).

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 02-06-2015).]

steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank God we have Fox New for accurate un-bias reporting
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Thank God we have Fox New for accurate un-bias reporting

Different aspect--you are talking about political bias in the news--pretty common from both sides.
I'm talking about reporters personally lying about themselves--a character flaw.

Another--Dan Rather for years, an anchor for CBS evening news had more than once, publicly claimed over the years, (when it made him look good) that he was a US Marine. He wasn't--he never made it out of boot camp and was forced to publicly retract the assertion, but only after claiming a Col David Hackworth, a US Army soldier with 10 Silver Star awards may have embellished his military service, whereupon someone looked into Rather's own military record. Rather had no other choice but to then issue the mia culpa. Rather was a blatant liar about himself.

But yes you are right, there is a huge amount of reporting bias by Fox and most every other mainstream news- but again, is different than telling outright lies about one's self.

His story had morphed through the years.

Shortly after the incident, Williams had described on NBC how he was traveling in a group of helicopters forced down in the Iraq desert. On the ground, he learned the Chinook in front of him "had almost been blown out of the sky." He showed a photo of it with a gash from a rocket-propelled grenade.

The NBC crew and military officials accompanying them spent three days in the desert, kept aground by a sandstorm.

But in a 2008 blog post, Williams said his helicopter had come under fire from what appeared to be Iraqi farmers with RPGs. He said a helicopter in front of his had been hit.

Then, in a 2013 appearance on David Letterman's "Late Show," Williams said that two of the four helicopters he was traveling with had been hit by ground fire "including the one I was in."

"No kidding?" Letterman interjected.

Williams described making a quick, hard landing in the middle of the desert.

"I have to treat you now with renewed respect," Letterman said. "That's a tremendous story."

Williams' story was first questioned in posts to the "Nightly News" Facebook page. It's a touchy topic: Members of the military who are wounded or who come under enemy fire consider themselves members of a special kind of brotherhood and don't like people who try to intrude, said retired U.S. Army Col. Pete Mansoor, a professor of military history at Ohio State University.

"It smacks of stolen valor," Mansoor said — an offense that Williams specifically denied in his online apology.

Chris Simeone, who says he piloted the aircraft that Williams flew in, told The Omaha World-Herald on Thursday that "I think it's good that the truth is coming out. But I feel embarrassed for him."

Simeone said if Williams had "just reported the facts, it would have been a great story. He was there. He didn't have to lie about it."

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-06-2015).]

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Remember folks, only Republicans lie, Democrats "misremember".

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 02-06-2015).]

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ooops wrong thread

[This message has been edited by MadMark (edited 02-06-2015).]

1985FieroGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 296
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 02-08-2015).]

NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OKflyboy:

Remember folks, only Republicans lie, Democrats "misremember".

lol...sad how true that is.....
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was reported a few days ago that he was in the group that was fired on, but his chopper and a few others were going to deliver something somewhere, and flew an additional 30ish minutes after the first group landed. Then they circled back to the desert where the others were. That accounts for why they were an hour behind in landing.

Makes sense to me. I don't understand the big deal. The soldier that verified his story even said that they were hit by small arms fire when the other helicopter was hit with whatever it was hit with.

Brad
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post02-08-2015 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haha the fool is going on a Vaca.. While nbc scrambles to fix the mess, and all other media hunts for more ammo
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hahahaha People are more worried about this silly half truth then in the grand scheme of things means nothing but not about all the lies our government perpetrates on us every day. Aint 'merica Great!!
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by firstfiero:
People are more worried about this silly half truth then in the grand scheme of things means nothing.
But they are not worried about all the lies our government perpetrates on us every day. Aint 'merica Great!!

Clarified that for you. As best I could. It is not quite that accurate.
That the "silly whole truth" is perpetrated by an endorsed individual of a major news organization whose moral duty it is to expose government lies speaks volumes. I guess freedom of the press allows them to validate government lies as true.
The action NBC takes will be telling, about their credibility. The NBC news anchor Williams replaced, Tom Brockaw, has been reported as for calling for the firing of Williams.

Originally posted by E.Furgal:
Haha the fool is going on a Vacation. While nbc scrambles to fix the mess.

Yeah, vacation (I get the sarcasm) ...

“In the midst of a career spent covering and consuming news, it has become painfully apparent to me that I am presently too much a part of the news, due to my actions. “As managing editor of NBC Nightly News, I have decided to take myself off of my daily broadcast for the next several days. Lester Holt has kindly agreed to sit in for me to allow us to adequately deal with this issue. Upon my return, I will continue my career-long effort to be worthy of the trust of those who place their trust in us.”

The next several days should be enough to restore our trust, .
Yeah, vacation. NBC has spent millions making him their face. Let's see how they fix this mess. He would fit in well on MSNBC.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

Haha the fool is going on a Vaca.. While nbc scrambles to fix the mess, and all other media hunts for more ammo

He's the managing editor as well. I doubt he's on vacation, just not in front of the camera.

The meme is funny, I could really care less. But I think as far as "evil" people go Brian Williams should be the last person we should be concerned about right now. :\

Brad

[This message has been edited by Fats (edited 02-08-2015).]

Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like these two ...

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He looks crooked.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

It was reported a few days ago that he was in the group that was fired on, but his chopper and a few others were going to deliver something somewhere, and flew an additional 30ish minutes after the first group landed. Then they circled back to the desert where the others were. That accounts for why they were an hour behind in landing.

Makes sense to me. I don't understand the big deal. The soldier that verified his story even said that they were hit by small arms fire when the other helicopter was hit with whatever it was hit with.

Brad

That story has now been discredited and the soldier (pilot) giving the information has now recanted what he said. It has been established, that this pilot (Rich Krell) was NOT the pilot of the helo that took fire nor was he the pilot of the helo that carried Williams and the news crew.
http://money.cnn.com/2015/0...stelter-iraq-pilots/

Additionally, the pilot of the helo that got hit, saw the report when he returned to base in Kuwait for repairs, informed MSNBC that they had just printed an erroneous story and MSNBC never bothered getting back to to him or correct the story.

http://www.usatoday.com/sto...n-williams/23082993/

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-08-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hitler finds out about Brian Williams ...

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Remember a few years ago Cliff, when I was snakebit in my front yard by that hybrid cross between a Black Mamba and a Blue Krait? He got me right in the jugular with both fangs, and I grabbed him and bit his head right off, cut my neck open with my bayonet to let the poison out and then walked 9 miles to the emergency room and got a band aid for the bite site. I was in the hospital for 6 weeks and used every bit of the world's supply of anti-venom. It was touch and go for a while but I'm still here to tell about it and still remember it like yesterday.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

then walked 9 miles to the emergency room...

Hold on bucko, I distinctly remember you said "8 miles" the first time you ran this past us!
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Remember a few years ago Cliff, when I was snakebit in my front yard by that hybrid cross between a Black Mamba and a Blue Krait? He got me right in the jugular with both fangs, and I grabbed him and bit his head right off, cut my neck open with my bayonet to let the poison out and then walked 9 miles to the emergency room and got a band aid for the bite site. I was in the hospital for 6 weeks and used every bit of the world's supply of anti-venom. It was touch and go for a while but I'm still here to tell about it and still remember it like yesterday.

You da Man!!!

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Hold on bucko, I distinctly remember you said "8 miles" the first time you ran this past us!

I distinctly remember it being uphill both directions too. Hmmmm, something smells fishy and I don't think it's the flounder.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I forgot that I went up the road the opposite way first, to check my mail and drop off my Publisher Clearinghouse entry in the out box dunno how I misremembered that because I won Pub Cearinghouse sweepstakes that year, in fact, I've won it every year. . except for the year I played guitar for the Grateful Dead.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-09-2015).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You cant trust anyone thats in the public eye. The Ohio Bureau of Workmens Comp (fraud claims) head is in court right now. Seems local reporters have discovered some blatant lies in her own resume'....one being she is has a degree in Criminal Law from OSU, which she apparently does not according to school records.

Heres some more famous recent liars caught....

http://www.businessinsider....ianas-wedding-cake-1
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post02-09-2015 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They all lie, with a smile on their face..
it brings this to mind

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock