Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  What's the oldest thing you own? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's the oldest thing you own? by williegoat
Started on: 04-18-2015 11:19 AM
Replies: 51 (739 views)
Last post by: proff on 04-23-2015 05:39 AM
Imnuts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an arrow head collection with a large hatchet head that was estimated to be from a period around 4500 years ago. My father found it on our farm here in Ohio. Of course it is a rock and the age can not be verified and its just an educated guess.

------------------
∇PONTIAC∇
“The difference between a Fiero owner
and genius is that genius has its limits.”

IP: Logged
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a pile of ancient Roman coins (most are really unrecognizable - can't see any real markings on them).
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

I have a baby grand piano in my living room that's been dated to pre-1900.

Me too, an 1888 Steinway parlor grand.

Most of my furniture is much older. One cool thing I have is a continental currency dated 1776. Funny, you would think it would be worth something

But, as to the topic, I have a fossil or two around, and my wife seems to collect various rocks from the beach thems gotstobe old!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably one of the rocks in my yard.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43226 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by iced_theater:

1968 Buick

Pics?
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

It just occurred to me that I have a 2500 year old Persian coin hanging on the wall.

Damn, you beat me.

I have a Chinese coin from the 700's. I gave my brother the older one, from the 400's.

I also gave my brother an old sword, don't remember the age.

I gave my sister an old Bodhisattva statue, around 800 years old.

Oldest thing I own not including that coin... lol. Probably my Super Nintendo.
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The oldest thing I have, an 1853 Victoria Young Head Shield Sovereign.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have some geodes around the house that are very old. However, I have no way of dating them. With respect to coins, I have a doubloon from the Atocha and a 1776 copper penny. I have a fairly extensive selection of hand tools used by my grandfather and great grandfather. The only other old thing around here is me!

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 04-26-2015).]

jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When this building met its demise last November some friends and I waited for the police to change shifts, then hopped the fence and pulled a few-dozen or so bricks from the rubble. They date to 1884 or 1894 - there are conflicting reports on when it was built. From a few different sides of the building I have a total of four from here, plus a small piece of one of its wood stair railings from when I managed to climb inside it. To my knowledge, these are the oldest things I have.

------------------

[jonrevProjects]

iced_theater

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iced_theaterSend a Private Message to iced_theaterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Pics?

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^ Very nice! ^^
PFF
System Bot
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1912 penny
1972 Fiat 128SL
1969 wife
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave