Started on: 04-29-2015 08:01 AM
Replies: 42 (909 views)
Last post by: California Kid on 05-03-2015 11:12 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good ol maneater F8 Crusaders too.
Quite a bit of Big O's deck equipment found it's way to museum Lexington in Corpus. Among them, the starboard side crane and 2 deck guns I believe.
IP: Logged
California Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Good ol maneater F8 Crusaders too.
Quite a bit of Big O's deck equipment found it's way to museum Lexington in Corpus. Among them, the starboard side crane and 2 deck guns I believe.

We had a guy get sucked into an F8 just before I got on the ship, he didn't live through it. My first Tour one of the A7's returning from a bombing mission over Laos, said he almost flamed out twice. The Plane Captain was doing test run ups on the jet on the flight deck with it chained down, he was turning 85% when one of the deck personnel stepped too close to the intake. Plane Captain cut fuel as fast as he could, guy went in head first, and a big puff of smoke came out the exhaust. We all feared the worst, but they pulled the guy out head first, both hands severely lacerated, hell of a lot of blood vessels in face burst, severely sprained back, left foot healing missing 50%, and right foot missing boot heel and part of sole. He lived thanks to the Plane Captains quick reaction, and those Navy deck boots. He got his ticket away from the war, heard he recovered pretty good after a couple operations, and a lot of therapy.

Another thing not known too well, is the trailing wing edges of an F8 are so shape, if you walk fast into one, you're going to need stitches. You always had to be very careful around them.

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 05-03-2015).]

California Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

California Kid

9541 posts
Member since Jul 2001

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Oh, **** man !!! isnt it bad enough you had to scare your buddies with that back then--now ya gotta do it to the internet a SECOND time ?? Isnt that kind of stuff classifed as unviewable down in the USA ??? <j/k>....and thanks

LOL!

Hey it's just a time stamp ! After 30 days of doing what I was doing, you don't give a damn about how you look, and now I'm too old to care.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock