Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Would you take me where you're going if you're never coming back?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Would you take me where you're going if you're never coming back? by TheDigitalAlchemist
Started on: 05-06-2015 11:26 AM
Replies: 18 (415 views)
Last post by: FriendGregory on 05-12-2015 01:02 AM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Slow day at work huh?

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Slow day at work huh?

Steve

Not exactly...

13 today... Meh.

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 05-06-2015).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can I have one of those white cardboard boxes?

Oh wait, that's Maryjane's shtick.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 463
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After suffering three very recent losses (all within April), the lyrics to this song hit home big time. Thanks for posting the video.

Eels - Last Stop: This Town

You're dead but the world keeps spinning
Take a spin through the world you left
It's getting dark a little too early
Are you missing the dearly bereft?

Taking flight and you could be
Here tomorrow
Taking flight, well, you could get
Here tonight

I'm gonna fly on down for the
Last stop to this town
What?
I'm gonna fly on down then fly away
Well, alright

Get down

Taking a spin through the neighborhood
The neighbors scream
Whatchya talkin' bout?
'cause they don't know how to
Let you in
And i can't let you out

What if i was not your only friend
In this world
Can you take me where you're going
If you're never coming back

Last stop to this town
I'm gonna fly on down
Then fly away on my way

Get down

Why don't we take a ride
Away up high
Through the neighborhood
Up over the billboards and the factories
And smoke

Last stop to this town
Yeah
I'm gonna fly on down
Then fly away on my way
Fly away

Get down

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-06-2015).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ain't into boxes-but I want that old fan that's stuck over in the corner...
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The fan is only about a year old, on "low", it is nearly silent and it blows just enough for me to not get all hot-and-bothered as I deal with stuff.

Had another passing yesterday, an uncle whose mind slipped away years before his body finally gave out. In a way he was dead, and the world kept spinning...
-----

The song is kinda sad, because it's written about his sister, who committed suicide. But I always liked the it , minus the few sorta "harsh" parts. The video is just kinda odd.

I will be very happy once I am done dealing with those phones. They really are nice in the hand, so thin and smooth, and the screen sure is pretty but I still prefer the blackberry or android because you can so easily transfer data to and from the device.
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Would you take me where you're going if you're never coming back?

Time, and life, march on. We can never go back to where we were. Only forward. If I take you along, we are never coming back.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 463
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Had another passing yesterday, an uncle whose mind slipped away years before his body finally gave out. In a way he was dead, and the world kept spinning...

I really enjoy Scottish singer/songwriter Amy Macdonald. Here's a song she wrote in memory of her grandma, who may've been suffering from the same condition(s) as TDA's uncle.

Now I'm free
I'm as happy as can be
I just wanted you to know
That I left that body long ago
So long ago...

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-07-2015).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The fan is only about a year old, on "low", it is nearly silent and it blows just enough for me to not get all hot-and-bothered as I deal with stuff.

-----

The song is kinda sad, because it's written about his sister, who committed suicide. But I always liked the it , minus the few sorta "harsh" parts. The video is just kinda odd.

I will be very happy once I am done dealing with those phones. They really are nice in the hand, so thin and smooth, and the screen sure is pretty but I still prefer the blackberry or android because you can so easily transfer data to and from the device.

OOPS, my bad as usual I didn't realize that was the reason for the posting. my condolences for losing a relative.
I think I need to change my meds again.

Steve

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Its kinds backed up against the wall, careful it dont overheat.
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Its kinds backed up against the wall, careful it dont overheat.

Thanks, I take it out of that nook when I need to use it.

I'm neurotic about heat and proper-spacing and about a dozen other things (that I'm aware of) Power Supplies, enclosures,
Fans, heat sinks, vents, sun, water, all sorts of things related to heat, and dissipation ,and whatnot...Seeing a PC running inside of a seal box makes me itchy.
Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks, I take it out of that nook when I need to use it.

I'm neurotic about heat and proper-spacing and about a dozen other things (that I'm aware of) Power Supplies, enclosures,
Fans, heat sinks, vents, sun, water, all sorts of things related to heat, and dissipation ,and whatnot...Seeing a PC running inside of a seal box makes me itchy.

I keep trying to explain to a couple of older secretaries at work that the space heater under their desk (right next to their tower) is a bad idea and they just don't seem to get it.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silentassassin185:

I keep trying to explain to a couple of older secretaries at work that the space heater under their desk (right next to their tower) is a bad idea and they just don't seem to get it.

Those space heaters are SO against the rules ... I remember years ago, I found a hidden one at work because I could smell the cardboard box that it was hiding under was starting to smolder...
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2015 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silentassassin185:

I keep trying to explain to a couple of older secretaries at work that the space heater under their desk ... is a bad idea ...

I'll bet some of them are plugged into the UPS, too!

Back in the early '80s my company installed computer systems in TV newsrooms. Despite cautions to the contrary, we frequently had problems with self-absorbed TV "personalities" plugging their blow dryers into the UPS outlets; this usually happened only once per person, though.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 05-10-2015).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2015 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do have sympathy for people freezng at work. Companies cant seem to realize that if you have a sit down job you are cooler than someone unloading a truck all day. Even myself I have a jacket I put on while at work, even when its 95F outside. Theres a polar vortex from the ducts above my desk too. People who are 350 pounds can bring a fan.

*was that a rant* ?
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2015 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I do have sympathy for people freezng at work. Companies cant seem to realize that if you have a sit down job you are cooler than someone unloading a truck all day. Even myself I have a jacket I put on while at work, even when its 95F outside. Theres a polar vortex from the ducts above my desk too. People who are 350 pounds can bring a fan.

*was that a rant* ?

There's a well known thing which every AC/Maintenance worker knows and its that men and women have different interpretations of what "room temperature" should be.
Men are hot, women, cold.
Man use fans, women, space heaters, sweaters, scarves, etc.
Many businesses have adjustable vents above their worker bees, they open them for the men, close them for the women.

also, there is a shift which happens due to the sun + due to the building turning off the AC other than 9-5 Mon- Friday. Some buildings have hot and cold sides, "hot or cold" pockets, and other such feuds which occur in nonfluid thermoclines...
I wear a short sleeved shirt almost every day, even in winter, because it's too dang hot. except when I'm in the server room for long periods, then it's too dang cold.

-Disgruntled Goldilocks (ooOOo- good band name!)

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2015 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There's a well known thing which every AC/Maintenance worker knows and its that men and women have different interpretations of what "room temperature" should be.
Men are hot, women, cold.
Man use fans, women, space heaters, sweaters, scarves, etc.
Many businesses have adjustable vents above their worker bees, they open them for the men, close them for the women.

also, there is a shift which happens due to the sun + due to the building turning off the AC other than 9-5 Mon- Friday. Some buildings have hot and cold sides, "hot or cold" pockets, and other such feuds which occur in nonfluid thermoclines...
I wear a short sleeved shirt almost every day, even in winter, because it's too dang hot. except when I'm in the server room for long periods, then it's too dang cold.

-Disgruntled Goldilocks (ooOOo- good band name!)

Here its mainly the over weight who are warm or hot, alot fo them happen to be female it seems. I often wonder when they exclaim how warm they are if they realize what they are actually exclaiming.
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2015 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To the Title "Would you take me where you're going if you're never coming back? "

I was on the way to your house so, yes, of course!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock