Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  after 6 1/2 decades, now it begins, this, the fall and winter of my discontent. (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
after 6 1/2 decades, now it begins, this, the fall and winter of my discontent. by maryjane
Started on: 09-24-2015 08:33 PM
Replies: 192 (3093 views)
Last post by: Flamberge on 10-17-2015 01:15 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having been blessed with 65 years of comparitively good health, I now, find miself today connected to a myriad of wires, being poked and prodded, drained of blood one tube at a time. every 4 hurs for enzyme checks,, and having earlier today seen a probe run up from my groin thru my femoral artery and scheduled monday for a quadruple bypass.

Stints not an option, as at least one of my arterires has been growing 'backwards" according to the cardio surgeon that will do the cut work, and they wouldn't be able to work the wire up thru that artery.

The 30 mile trip fom farm to emerency room late yesterdy did not help the situation, as Jane acquired a redlight camera ticket and scared me poohless.at 90mph.
Gone are the bulletproof and invisible days of my life.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear that Don. Thanks for checking in to let us know. My best wishes for an uncomplicated and speedy recovery (as much as possible with a quadruple bypass, at least). I'll be keeping you and Jane in my prayers.

You sure this isn't something that can be fixed with coffee? Maybe you need a 2nd opinion?
pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bet you do great and recover in extraordinary time.

On the other hand being with out malady before maybe you are not prepared for the common suffering of normal men.

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sorry to hear that you are having medical problems. I too am in my mid 60's and awaiting the results of medical tests to determine what is going on in my life. Best wishes and you will be in my prayers.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dam sorry to hear that Don, I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on anyone, after the surgery. Dam my chest hurt for a couple of weeks so bad I considered biting a bullet. And it didn't get much better very fast, I think it was a month before I could cough without screaming in pain.

Good luck Don I know you don't need it but there it is anyway.

by a coincident I am going in the hospital Monday myself for them to shove a camera down my throat to check out my digestive system to make sure I don't need a gallbladder op. Fun, Fun, Fun getting old ain't it?

edit to add,

Whatever you do, don't sneeze in the first weeks after it, I thought my chest was going to explode.

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 09-24-2015).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You'll be in my prayers, man.

Take care and try to do what they tell ya.'
It's also probably time to try to quit smoking. (Yeah. I know...)

Originally posted by 84fiero123:
... Fun, Fun, Fun getting old ain't it?

Beats the alternative.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry man! After the snake bite, this should be nuthin' .
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear this news Don !

What you've got in your favor is that they've come a long way in doing this type of surgery.

Sincerely hope things go very well for you. You probably aren't going to like the recovery very much at all (pain), but it beats the alternative.

Highly recommend you tell you Doc to order a Morphine buddy pack with you own push button, for your stay in ICU after the surgery.

Please ask your better half to post some updates on you after the surgery.

Tom

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 09-24-2015).]

mike-ohio

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mike-ohioClick Here to visit mike-ohio's HomePageSend a Private Message to mike-ohioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very sorry to hear this.

Best wishes and hope you have a speedy recovery.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ninety mph through a red light? Woo Hoo!!!

Don,
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, if you need anything, please just let me know.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 457
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don, this should be nothing compared to some of the adventures of your youth. Hang in there.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Ninety mph through a red light? Woo Hoo!!!

I would have thought he would have thrown one of Jane's biscuits at the camera for crying out loud, he has said they come out like Ellie May Clampet's hasn't he?

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 09-24-2015).]

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably just heartburn, but the surgeon needs an excuse to cut you open and make big $$ off ya.
jmclemore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmclemoreSend a Private Message to jmclemoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
65yrs of age - ain't as old as it used to be.
Medicine - is far better than it used to be.
Prayers - haven't changed much in centuries
but after 65 years, You've earned every prayer your getting today
God's blessing for you, your family and friends such as these....

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn, Don. After not drinking water for decades and smoking a pack a day it could be worse. Good luck, you two are in my thoughts.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck to you MJ. I've personally known 2 others who had this surgery and they both did well. Knocked em down for a few days but they got back up and carried on fine.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post09-24-2015 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our thoughts go out to you. Damn...
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Grim Reaper has tried and tried again with you, sir.

You think he'd get tired of getting his teeth kicked in. I'll call his dentist. I suspect you're going to pull through this one just fine. My prayers are on their way. Mainly for Jane!
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope everything works out well for you.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll keep you in my prayers tonight. My father went through this a couple of years ago. The good news is that you will feel a lot better after you heal. Take it easy and follow the Doctors instructions.
PFF
System Bot
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, was not expecting this when I clicked into the thread.

Don,

Please when you are able, let us know you are doing okay? You've been such a huge part of the forum here that's it hard to think what it would be without you here. Best wishes for you and heal up quick okay?
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wishing you the best possible outcome and that you and your twin will be swapping stories for many more years.
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not to be a total jerk but, do you have your will and living will in order?
The doctors are better than ever at this stuff but it is about as risky as it can get. My 49 year old buddy had one surgery, followed by problems, followed by the doctor having left before he stabilized, followed by an emergency surgery, leaving him with a stroke. He is recovering but he has always been a slacker and is not giving it his all.
Do not know where I am going with this typing but I very much want you to get through this surgery, we need your good kind of crazy desperately.
If you do not make it, I will plant one tree for every year you lived.

That should make you fight to live.
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 05:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are in my prayers also.
FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too will likely be facing heart bypass someday. My dad had a heart attack and angioplasty at 57 and a quad bypass at 62. He is still alive and kicking at 85.

They are checking enzymes to see if you've had any heart muscle damage from a blocked artery. Your outcome will depend on the amount of damage. Hopefully none of the suspect arteries were totally blocked.

If I had a choice, I'd take a medical problem that can be fixed as opposed to a more dire diagnosis.

Making it to the hospital with the wife at the wheel was half the battle!

[This message has been edited by FrugalFiero (edited 09-25-2015).]

kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
According to The Book of Manliness, the cure for this is a shot of whiskey, an onion sandwich, and an hour of chopping firewood

Prayers for you and Jane.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope all goes well. It sounds like this has been brewing for quite some time. Has your doc mentioned anything previously about getting more tests and scans?
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wait, you have a heart?

These procedures are routine nowerdays, (might even be outpatient?)I'm sure you'll be back to slaying trees and chasing bulls in no time.

You will be in our thoughts.

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don,

Gook luck and try to be a good patient.

Us old guys get cranky fast and it isn't easy on the spouse.
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don, you're too stubborn to die.
Your bronc riding days may be over, but you aren't.

------------------

I own and drive American cars.

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prayers for you and family.

Heal up and continue on your way sir.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sending good vibes your way for a complete recovery.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quadruple bypass? Wow, that was totally unexpected. We're rooting for ya, man.

*does the wave*

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow Don, I'm sorry to see you going through this. I'll be praying for you as well.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Hope all goes well. It sounds like this has been brewing for quite some time. Has your doc mentioned anything previously about getting more tests and scans?
I don't have a doctor--well, not till now anyway.
In retrospect, that was probably a very big mistake on my part, but I figured Jane, my brother, sisters, and b-i-ls had enough of doctors for all of us.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
In retrospect, that was probably a very big mistake on my part, but I figured Jane, my brother, sisters, and b-i-ls had enough of doctors for all of us.

Good thing you made it to the hospital in time.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 09-25-2015).]

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ouch!
Sounds like me, and I'm only a year younger than you.
I always figured giving up cigarettes 30 years ago and drinking lots of red wine would keep me alive.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, sir.

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 09-25-2015).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, you will be seeing a lot... cardiologist, hematologist, primary care, maybe looking at rehab. Watch out for the blood thinners, as I know of someone who did have kidney bleeding, just like in the lawyer commercials. Another weekend in the hospital and another surgery to put a filter in the vein.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
Good thing you made it to the hospital in time.

From the sounds of it he is lucky to have made the trip and get there alive with Jane's driving.

Good vibes Don we may argue here about a lot of things but not when it comes to this stuff. You will be back out punching bulls in no time. But what is Jane going to do about the farm chores, neighbors going to be of some help I would hope.
You are really going to be out of it for a week at least at least I was, well I was out of it for several, but then I ain't you, superman's got nothing on you.

Steve
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock