Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  after 6 1/2 decades, now it begins, this, the fall and winter of my discontent. (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
after 6 1/2 decades, now it begins, this, the fall and winter of my discontent. by maryjane
Started on: 09-24-2015 08:33 PM
Replies: 192 (3094 views)
Last post by: Flamberge on 10-17-2015 01:15 PM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 457
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2015 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

...well lets just say it felt like I was trying to crap out my spine!

IP: Logged
jmclemore

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2015 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmclemoreSend a Private Message to jmclemoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Yes, I am walking,........

Congratulation, Sir.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2015 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The muscular activity itself is not at all difficult, but keeping my lungs expanding is very hard.

It really great to open those lungs up and will make life easier later but don't over do it.

I thought I was being smart and I over did it and ending up inflaming the muscle tissue around my cage.
That was a painful mistake. Everything in moderation..not to slow not to fast.

My surgeon came in to discharge me and left me with his words of wisdom or warning, maybe both.
He said don't disrespect the game and to play it like it matters.

It's all laughs and giggles now enjoy your replay!
I tell you I sure am happy for you.
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2015 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

---I am now 'manscaped' over 80% of my skin.

Now that you have been pulled into modernity, go with it. Take blackrams with you. And please don't tell us any more about that.

Glad to hear you are doing well.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2015 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That remark was totally unnecessary. modesty is my strong point, just ask me.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2015 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, I am walking,........tho not far or very fast. "Once around the block" as they call here. The muscular activity itself is not at all difficult, but keeping my lungs expanding is very hard.
The lastof the drainage tubes were pulled out today along with the tiny wires for the heart/lung pacemaker, leaving just one "line" in should they need to get something in fast, and now is the chance to point out the egg on my face---I am now 'manscaped' over 80% of my skin.

I can't say it was terribly painful in any one or two event aspect, .... more like torture by 1000 little cuts, pokes, pulls and prods.

And yes too, there are many beautiful women caregivers here, but none hold a candle to the one that will take me back home sometime next week. She's a trooper like none other.

A thanks to each and every one of you here, for your prayers, kind words, encouragement, and advice.

Thanks for the update, Don. This is indeed great news!

but keeping my lungs expanding is very hard.
Try a harmonica....no kidding! It is a WONDERFUL breathing exercise.
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2015 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:
Try a harmonica....no kidding! It is a WONDERFUL breathing exercise.

Maybe try a set of bagpipes. I can just see Don walking around playing the bagpipes.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2015 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

Maybe try a set of bagpipes. I can just see Don walking around playing the bagpipes.

As long as he goes all the way. A kilt is not optional!

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2015 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Yeah. It might have been because they completely removed all of the left lamina from the top of C3 to the bottom of C7 and most of the right lamina on the same so they could open my spine and get to my spinal cord. Also all of the associated ligaments, tendons and muscles. It might not be as bad for someone who didn't have spinal surgery but I imagine it still ins't pleasant or easy if you had surgery in any area that gets... used in performing that function? I mean like with heart surgery you use the muscles in your abdomen to apply pressure so I would think that would still cause strain in tender areas making it painful to do.

It's just one of those associated pain inducing things you never really think about until you're in that situation. But yeah, let that be enough of that topic.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 10-04-2015).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2015 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spoke with Don last night, he was hoping to go back home yesterday but had a set back. He was still OK but, not where they wanted him to be. I'll let him describe the issues but, his hope is that he may be released today. He did verify that there are a hospital full of very attractive nurses but, his mainstay, Jane out shines them all.

Hopefully, Don will be released and be back with us soon. BTW, I informed Don that there were folks who were planning to come to his place and start planting trees in places he had cleared. He very politely reminded me that all of those areas were within range of his 270mm. Pretty sure Don is already stocked up on plenty of ammo.

------------------
Ron

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2015 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Spoke with Don last night, he was hoping to go back home yesterday but had a set back. He was still OK but, not where they wanted him to be. I'll let him describe the issues but, his hope is that he may be released today. He did verify that there are a hospital full of very attractive nurses but, his mainstay, Jane out shines them all.

Hopefully, Don will be released and be back with us soon. BTW, I informed Don that there were folks who were planning to come to his place and start planting trees in places he had cleared. He very politely reminded me that all of those areas were within range of his 270mm. Pretty sure Don is already stocked up on plenty of ammo.

Never argue with a man who has a gun that can shoot bullets over 10 inches wide!
I think you meant .270, and that's inches, not mm.
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2015 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:
Never argue with a man who has a gun that can shoot bullets over 10 inches wide!

Just to be clear Don, I want nothing to do with planting trees at your place, I know better.

Now Marine, get off your Ass and do a lap !

They had me on stool softeners and as I hadn't taken a dump since the surgery and kept giving them to me until I finally took a dump and that keep me an extra day and then when I did go they kept me another day because I had the runs, WTF folks make up your mind do you want me to go or not. I forget how long after the surgery before I actually got to go home, Melanie says it was 5 days. He will be out soon enough and back to his old normal, well his normal self anyway.

Oh ya I got to ask Don, just how do you feel about drugs now, in this case? I just kept pushing the morphine pump button till I passed out in the recovery room after the surgery, worked out great I woke up in my room and was still alive ! As others have said, don't sneeze or cough and what ever you do don't sneeze, cough and fart at the same time. Your chest will explode, at least it felt like it when I did.

Get back home as soon as you can, just being there will make you feel better. I just remembered, laughing hurts to, so avoid that as well.

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 10-05-2015).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2015 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

You are correct. Spent the last two days on the road, Gulf Coast, MS and back to Central Kentucky. Not a good excuse but, I know better.

But, knowing Don, I suspect his arsenal may be varied and I'm not willing to take any chances.

------------------
Ron

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2015 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31844 posts
Member since Feb 2003
UPDATE:

Received news tonight that Don is experiencing some pretty severe AFib and hematoma in his leg. I believe they will be treating the Afib with medication and not a pace maker but, I don't have sufficient information to safely say that.

All I can do is pray for Don's recovery, I would ask each of you to add your thoughts and prayers to mine.
He may be one tough ole Marine but...................... He can use our warm thoughts and prayers. BTW, Jane thanks each and everyone of you, so do I.

Ron

------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 10-06-2015).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2015 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn it!!!!

This stuff is so complicated. I wonder if cooling the leg willl affect the heart rhythm or be bad for the heart?
Fix one thing and another reacts!!

I hope they don't need to put him on one of those bllod pump things cause then you are not going on any walk around the block or nothing for awhile.

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 10-05-2015).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2015 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

UPDATE:

Received news tonight that Don is experiencing some pretty severe AFib and hematoma in his leg. I believe they will be treating the Afib with medication and not a pace maker but, I don't have sufficient information to safely say that.

All I can do is pray for Don's recovery, I would ask each of you to add your thoughts and prayers to mine.
He may be one tough ole Marine but...................... He can use our warm thoughts and prayers. BTW, Jane thanks each and everyone of your, so do I.

Ron

Consider it done. Thank you for the update.
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2015 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In for the duration.

Hopefully just a bump in the road.

From my experience, if the road is too smooth....I mustv'e made a wrong turn somewhere!

Keep us posted.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2015 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prayers sent.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2015 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don has been and will continue to be in my prayers. Go get em Marine. Don't let this get you down.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2015 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blood clots (hematoma) in the legs are dangerous. I hope they can keep them from traveling. I hope they can get his heart rhythm stabilized to. Thoughts and prayers for sure.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2015 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

Damn it!!!!

x2

Sending best wishes to Don from the west coast.
PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2015 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thoughts and best Wishes to both Don and Jane.

The body is very complicated and pulls some sneaky stuff on you at times.
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2015 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got blood clots in my leg while I was going through radiation treatments and oral chemo for cancer. I had a choice of having it removed through surgery or go on a blood thinner,which I choose to do. That broke the clot up, and I hope this will work for Don as well. Good luck.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2015 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnt671:

I got blood clots in my leg while I was going through radiation treatments and oral chemo for cancer. I had a choice of having it removed through surgery or go on a blood thinner,which I choose to do. That broke the clot up, and I hope this will work for Don as well. Good luck.

Ayup, I have been on blood thinners since my stroke and will be most likely for the rest of my life, thick blood. WTF I think everyone who lives up here is on blood thinners for their thick blood, it is Maine you know.

Anyway you old fart, here are some more good vibes they let you out soon with no side affects or permanent damage to his heart. You know what I find hard to believe? Is that they actually found his heart.

He will make it threw this I am sure with no ill affects.

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 10-06-2015).]

BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2015 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blood clots are bad news... Very bad. Hoping all the best for you.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2015 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prayers.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post10-06-2015 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just caught this.
All my very best toward a speedy recovery, Don.
Stay well.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2015 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been out of touch. Was out of town this weekend and can't read or post from work.
I'm happy that you are doing well. I hope the complications are quite temporary. Y'all will continue to be in my prayers.

... I am now 'manscaped' over 80% of my skin.

...and it's gonna itch like hell... You've got that to look forward to.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2015 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The word from Jane this evening is that Don is doing better, says he's a bit grouchy and wants to go home. He's receiving a few units of blood to help with regulating the A Fib and who knows what else but, doing fine, Her words.

Word of warning to Steve and Patrick, better get those trees planted before he gets home.

------------------
Ron

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2015 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tell him there's a plate of homemade biscuits waiting for him at home.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2015 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The word from Jane this evening... says he's a bit grouchy

Sounds like he's getting better.
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2015 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Her words.

Word of warning to Steve and Patrick, better get those trees planted before he gets home.

Well if Jane insists I guess we got to do what we got to do then. I just want to make it clear it was never my idea to plant trees, that was Patrick.

Steve
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2015 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little story for Don and Jane.

Back when I was in the Service my Compartment was right under the flight deck where the arresting cables are located, so needless to say it was extremely difficult to sleep if you were off during some flight operations. As I was the division mechanic I was usually off during flight operations, on stand-by so to speak.

I unexpectedly learned how to go into a deep sleep, by slowing down my heart. It wasn't something I intentionally did, it just happened. Hell the first two weeks we went out to sea for flight training operations, I didn't sleep for 2 weeks, so my body/mind made adjustments.

I didn't know about this until after my Service years had been completed, and I went in for my first surgical operation. I was in recovery attached to a heart monitor much like Don is going through right now. I slipped into my sleep and the next thing I knew a Nurse was slapping me really hard across the face. I woke immediately trying to get away from her, pain from incisions just about ripping stitches seared into me. I yelled what the hell are you doing and she quickly responded your heart monitor dropped belong critical level. I told her I was OK, and she checked out all the equipment before returning to her station. A couple hrs later it happened again as I dosed off, this time she came in and put a flashlight in my eyes waking me up. Naturally my heart rate would go back up upon waking. The Nurse ordered new monitor equipment anyway. After numerous times of this happening they put notes on in room monitor, and station monitor to allow low count below 25 when sleeping.

It didn't occur to me at the time that my body/mind had made permanent changes until years later, when I went in for another operation, and the above was repeated again by Nurse responding to critical alert from monitor, slapping me again, with crash cart handy. Many questions were asked by Doctors/Nurses trying to figure this out, which lead back to Military Service. I was told that any future visits I make to Hospital, to advise them upon arrival about this extremely low heart beat rate while sleeping, to keep down panic, and for me to get some sleep.

My situation has lead to some very humerous discussions during my Hospital Stays with the Nurses and Doctors. Many just don't believe it until they see it happen in real time. Most Doctors believe it's a very clear sign the my heart is extremely healthy (in other words amazing), while a few had concerns that it could reduce sleep counts down the road with age, to a point where it will flat out stop while I'm sleeping. As old as I am today, tha't good news to me either way !!!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2015 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

I just want to make it clear it was never my idea to plant trees, that was Patrick.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wanted:
Qualified combination home phy therapist/nurse/farmhand.
Must be self starter that is ABLE and WILLING to get up the same time I do each MORNING, long on following orders, short on giving them and mouth shut the rest of the time.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wanted:
Must be self starter that is ABLE and WILLING to get up the same time I do each MORNING, long on following orders, short on giving them and mouth shut the rest of the time.

Well that leaves me out, I can't follow orders, at least that's what Melanie tells me.

Glad to see you posting, are they ever going to let you out or are they just keeping you prisoner there?
Should we plan a prison brake for you?

Glad to see you posting, ETA on when they may let you go?

Steve
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

A little story for Don and Jane.

Seems like it starts early sometimes...

I've seen this three times during my stay at the NICU. Three babies had this. Special notes and their equipment was tweaked so as not to set off alarms when they slept.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The usual:
"Maybe tomorrow".

The number of snake oil salesmen and feather merchants they allow in here is appalling--each and all selling their own brand of post surgery service or equipment. Almost as bad as ambulance chasing lawyers.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The usual:
"Maybe tomorrow".

The number of snake oil salesmen and feather merchants they allow in here is appalling--each and all selling their own brand of post surgery service or equipment. Almost as bad as ambulance chasing lawyers.

I think we could get an armed rescue unit down there in a few hours and bust you out of there Don, just say the word.

Hey don't put those snake oil salesmen down I had a visiting nurse every other day I think it was come to the house after I got cut free. He took the stitches out after they were healed, took blood and did all those things they did at the hospital. Turned out he was a retired Nurse who just did that now and lived just across rt. 4 from me and had bought one of our Great Pyrenees puppies a few years back.

It was better than the alternatives, staying in the prison another week or driving back and forth to the hospital every other day. Just do what the doctors tell you and you will be out and back to your old grumpy self again in no time.

Steve
aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wanted:

So, you're looking for the photo negative of Jane?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock