Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  after 6 1/2 decades, now it begins, this, the fall and winter of my discontent. (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
after 6 1/2 decades, now it begins, this, the fall and winter of my discontent. by maryjane
Started on: 09-24-2015 08:33 PM
Replies: 192 (3093 views)
Last post by: Flamberge on 10-17-2015 01:15 PM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Wanted:
Qualified combination home phy therapist/nurse/farmhand.
Must be self starter that is ABLE and WILLING to get up the same time I do each MORNING, long on following orders, short on giving them and mouth shut the rest of the time.

Interested but it damn well better pay well.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 10-07-2015).]

IP: Logged
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Each time I check this thread for an update on Don, I flash back to him saying he was 80% manscaped. I get a picture of him walking the hall with hairy hobbit feet. I had to get that off my chest.
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnt671:

Each time I check this thread for an update on Don, I flash back to him saying he was 80% manscaped. I get a picture of him walking the hall with hairy hobbit feet. I had to get that off my chest.

I know right. All I can think of is when I had mine and all the hair started to grow back, aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh it was worse than a bad case of the crabs !

Steve
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys say you're concerned for Jane's well being right?

With all due respect and as sensitively as I can say it, imagine the case of razor burn she might experience during their next "encounter" if they don't wait for his hair to grow in.

Then again, if he really does look like a hobbit I guess she's safe.

Although, that may be the look she's after 'cuz didn't he always look a little "hobbish"?

Anyhow, sending best wishes to Jane. She's got the tough job now.

Nursing an old so and so back to health is not for the faint of heart.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jane is probably the safest person on this earth as far as it goes with Don.
He's head over heals over that woman, the one I feel sorry for is the physical therapist and hired hand.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2015 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: Good News, Don has been paroled and is headed home to rest!!!!

Let's give him some time for R&R but, he WILL be back soon.

Thanks for all the support, prayers and goodwill.

------------------
Ron

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2015 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2015 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2015 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was surprised the nurses didn't sign a petition to send the old pervert home sooner, or drive him themselves !
"Quick tie him up and throw him in the trunk."
Steve
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2015 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Based on what I've learned from Cleveland, TX, there's a flock of hens brooding around their rooster like he's a freshly hatched chick. Apparently, he's not allowed to do squat and is asking to go back to the hospital where the doctors were nicer.

------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 10-09-2015).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2015 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

I was surprised the nurses didn't sign a petition to send the old pervert home sooner, or drive him themselves !
"Quick tie him up and throw him in the trunk."
Steve

Nope.
Them girls recognized a good thing when I was in their midst.
I just wuzn't it.

I am (temporarily) at my sister's place, about 5 miles from my house...convalescing for a few days.
However, Jane, the salt, sugar, carb, and coffee miser has now officially taken over all aspects of my treatment.
No driving for 4-6 weeks. No extended riding in/on a vehicle until approved by my cardio doc.
No lifting of anything heavier than my own---well... may as well just say no lifting at all.
Strict diet, more pills per day for the next month than I have previously taken in my whole life.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-09-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2015 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nope.
I just wuzn't it.

I am (temporarily) at my sister's place, about 5 miles from my house...convalescing for a few days.
However, Jane, the salt, sugar, and coffee miser has now officially taken over all aspects of my treatment.

You couldn't be in better hands. Yep, she's a keeper.

------------------
Ron

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2015 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy to hear you are out of the Hospital Don ! Don't be in a rush to do anything, we need a bit of rest at our age.
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2015 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane....the walking LIVE!

You ARE walking........right? Got your pillow.....right?

Janes got the reins....let her drive.

HAGO!
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2015 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nope.
I just wuzn't it.

However, Jane, the salt, sugar, carb, and coffee miser has now officially taken over all aspects of my treatment.
No driving for 4-6 weeks. No extended riding in/on a vehicle until approved by my cardio doc.
No lifting of anything heavier than my own---well... may as well just say no lifting at all.
Strict diet, more pills per day for the next month than I have previously taken in my whole life.

Sounds like your in good hands! But, we knew that already. It's great to see you post again Don. Keep up the healing .
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2015 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear you're "sprung", Don! Just take it easy for a while...all that crap that's waiting for you to do it will still be waiting when you finally ARE ready. No need to rush...we're all just glad you're home, and on the mend!
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2015 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ayup, remember my "I'm doing more drugs now than I ever did before" thread? That was just after my bypass. The biatch is none of them got me high, WTF I mean even the pain meds didn't do a thing for me.

Whatever you do don't do a Burpsnart; Burp, sneeze, fart at the same time, your chest will explode.

And whatever you do don't laugh that's almost as bad !

Glad to see you made it out of the hospital alive, now all you have to do is survive JANE's rehab !
Oh ya, wait a few weeks and they will have you going to rehab and doing the treadmill, bikes and weights. You have to get back to normal, well normal for you anyway.

Glad to see you made it out alive, now all you have to do is survive Jane's rehab. Seriously do what they tell you, the doctors, not the wife and sister. After the surgery the doc told me if I eat right and exercise I could get 10 years or more out of it before ever needing another one, now when the doctor told me that I said I think I would rather die than go threw that crap again.

Good vibes you are back to your old self in no time at all.

Steve

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2015 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2015 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dang, missed all the excitement.
you take care, hear?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2015 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
day 20 of no tobacco...

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2015 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

day 20 of no tobacco...

What else they make ya quit?
Does nicorette gum work, will they let you use stuff like that?
PFF
System Bot
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2015 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

day 20 of no tobacco...

I have seen some people get really irritated to the point of violence trying to quit.
Then I have seen a few that said it was no prob at all and they should have quit years ago.

Are you suffering badly?

I can't even go without my coffee without being a total jerk I would imagine Nicotine could create a much worse monster.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2015 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First few days before the heart surgery were hard, after surgery not so much until I was walking, so they put me on a nicotine patch---"a" patch. ....meaning one 24 hr patch that I left stuck on my shoulder for nearly 2 weeks now, even tho it should been 'empty' long ago. A psychological crutch I guess---if I really get the urge, I just take a nap.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2015 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to be off the cigarettes. Under no circumstances use the patch and smoke=nicotine poisoning.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2015 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

day 20 of no tobacco...

Great to hear you are still off the smokes, I only lasted 6 months, wish I still was off them. Good vibes you stay off and recover quicker than I did. Hell I still have a hard time if I fall asleep and roll over to my left side, wakes me right up out of a sound sleep.

Oh ya, one thing that still bother me is the crying at just about anything, even just stupid movies that I have seen many times I will now tear up at time. That I have heard is common to people after this.

Originally posted by Old Lar:

Good to be off the cigarettes. Under no circumstances use the patch and smoke=nicotine poisoning.

I smoked with the patch on, it never helped me. ended up with a nicotine inhaler to stay off as long as I did. Worst part was when the wife lit up. Does Jane smoke in front of you? Get her to quit as well.

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

I have seen some people get really irritated to the point of violence trying to quit.
Then I have seen a few that said it was no prob at all and they should have quit years ago.

Are you suffering badly?

I can't even go without my coffee without being a total jerk I would imagine Nicotine could create a much worse monster.

No coffee in the morning and I am fit to be tied, I had to go without my coffee Monday for a test and told them I needed my coffee, make this fast. I was miserable.

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 10-14-2015).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2015 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ye, Jane still smokes--in front of me---sometimes. I do understand how hard it is for her to quit, especially considering the stress she is going thru with me being laid up and not long out of surgery.
No, it doesn't bother me except cig smoke is now beginning to "stink".

in other 'news' I'm having some pretty serious infection problems with the leg they removed the veins from. Drs believe it isbecause that leg suffered a lot of perm tissue damage in 2010 from the snake bite, but they couldn't pull the vein from the other leg--it is where the angiogram was inserted so it's veins couldn't be used as they were still healing.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2015 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ye, Jane still smokes--in front of me---sometimes. I do understand how hard it is for her to quit, especially considering the stress she is going thru with me being laid up and not long out of surgery.
No, it doesn't bother me except cig smoke is now beginning to "stink".

in other 'news' I'm having some pretty serious infection problems with the leg they removed the veins from. Drs believe it isbecause that leg suffered a lot of perm tissue damage in 2010 from the snake bite, but they couldn't pull the vein from the other leg--it is where the angiogram was inserted so it's veins couldn't be used as they were still healing.

Did they pull it or cut you like a Tuna to get that vein out? mine was pulled and just had two small incisions one top and one bottom. Never had any problems with that or the dam ft long one on my chest or tube holes. Sorry to hear you are having trouble but I am sure you will be fine. How's the coughing going for you?

Steve
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2015 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I could do more to help besides send you best wishes, I would. Since I can't, all I can say is suck it up Marine. Put one foot in front of the other. Together, you and Jane will march on.

------------------
Ron

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2015 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

If I could do more to help besides send you best wishes, I would. Since I can't, all I can say is suck it up Marine. Put one foot in front of the other. Together, you and Jane will march on.

Christ Jane, that poor girl having to deal with that old fart when he is in his shape. I mean its not like he can do anything yet and it will be a while before he is back on the farm taking care of things like he used to. I know that bothered me to the point that after being home for a less than a week I went out and tried to water horses. I finished and ended up in the ER, they were going to life flight me from here to Portland before Melanie got ahold of my doctor and he said just give me some fluids I did to much to soon after the surgery. I guess I should have listened to the wife. But that's not me I wanted to be doing something besides sitting on the computer and watching TV.

Remember that Don, don't do to much to soon, listen to the doctors and the wife, I am sure that should thrill you !

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 10-14-2015).]

jmclemore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2015 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmclemoreSend a Private Message to jmclemoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

day 20 of no tobacco...

I'm 7 years tobacco free.....
Just Keep walk away from them.
Distance and Time will take care of the
desire. You may occasionally miss it,
but you will not regret your freedom from them ..........

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2015 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I lost the thread for a while. I'm happy that you're out.

...cig smoke is now beginning to "stink".

Sounds like you've got it whupped. I'll spare you the usual advice, at this point. Just know that it gets easier.
PFF
System Bot
aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2015 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmmm, you're looking for a malt mixer. I think you mentioned you like Blue Bell Ice Cream

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/113837.html

Listeria supposedly causes cardiac problems.

Blue Bell Ice Cream has caused the winter of your discontent.

Too bad House, MD isn't still on TV. You could have sold a script to them.

[This message has been edited by aceman (edited 10-16-2015).]

Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2015 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't come here much lately so imagine my surprise to see this thread.

Don my belated prayers and best thoughts to you and Jane.

Glad to hear you're recovering. And stay off the smokes if you can manage. That will help your recovery.

Best wishes,
Flamberge
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay