Started on: 01-26-2016 10:34 AM
Replies: 165 (2291 views)
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 07-13-2016 05:27 PM
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2016 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

It happens also. Except on this forum.... There is a love for the "R"... even if it is an empty suit

My wife thought that about me. I'm a registered Independent who tends to vote more on the conservative side of things (center-right). But because Trump is the presumptive Republican nominee and I don't like Hillary, she automatically thought I was going to vote for Trump. Joke's on her, I'm not voting for either one. When it looks like one candidate may eff up this country by design and the other may eff it up because of incompetence, I can't put my seal of approval on either one. I'm writing my dog in for this one.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

IP: Logged

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2016 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

My wife thought that about me. I'm a registered Independent who tends to vote more on the conservative side of things (center-right). But because Trump is the presumptive Republican nominee and I don't like Hillary, she automatically thought I was going to vote for Trump. Joke's on her, I'm not voting for either one. When it looks like one candidate may eff up this country by design and the other may eff it up because of incompetence, I can't put my seal of approval on either one. I'm writing my dog in for this one.

Its really hard but it seems a vote against the worst case is the way now.
I for sure don't consider it an approval.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-06-2016).]

Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2016 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It happens also. Except on this forum.... There is a love for the "R"... even if it is an empty suit

If it is one thing I've learned once I started paying attention to politics - when it comes to elections, the D's always rally and support whoever represents them at the voting booth (in name) no matter if they are an empty suit or not. Very rarely do any D's get held accountable for their actions. (Hillary is just the latest example, but there are many others). That's why places like Detroit have really gone down the tubes. The public keeps voting for the same people who screwed it all up in the first place and it sure doesn't appear to me as though they are holding their representatives accountable.

On the other hand, the R's have a habit of "eating their own" when it comes to representatives in .gov who don't do their jobs. That's why the GOPe is acting the way it is right now. They want to be treated like the Dems always are (ie: not held accountable for their actions or inactions by the public). And I can tell you the GOPe is NOT going to get its way. Good or bad, it is what it is. But that is how representative government is supposed to be. Elected officials are supposed to be held accountable. When they aren't (as they often aren't if they have a D next to their name), you get Detroit.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post07-06-2016 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Get over yourself. The only, and I mean ONLY, reason I would ever vote for Trump is to prevent Hillary from nominating the next SCOTUS Justice. Spare me the righteous indignation because I'm not kissing Trump's ass like the rest of you angry sycophants out there. Trump is the GOP version of Obama. His entire campaign is run on the same emotion that got Obama elected and your vitriol is a perfect example of how well you're being played.

How are they the same one did it with hope and change, and using his skin color..
the other, is running to try to right the ship before it sinks, and put is money where his mouth it..
the same, my ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

If it is one thing I've learned once I started paying attention to politics - when it comes to elections, the D's always rally and support whoever represents them at the voting booth (in name) no matter if they are an empty suit or not. Very rarely do any D's get held accountable for their actions. (Hillary is just the latest example, but there are many others). That's why places like Detroit have really gone down the tubes. The public keeps voting for the same people who screwed it all up in the first place and it sure doesn't appear to me as though they are holding their representatives accountable.

On the other hand, the R's have a habit of "eating their own" when it comes to representatives in .gov who don't do their jobs. That's why the GOPe is acting the way it is right now. They want to be treated like the Dems always are (ie: not held accountable for their actions or inactions by the public). And I can tell you the GOPe is NOT going to get its way. Good or bad, it is what it is. But that is how representative government is supposed to be. Elected officials are supposed to be held accountable. When they aren't (as they often aren't if they have a D next to their name), you get Detroit.

You mean like how the GOP government, here in MI, let the Flint lead-in-water issue happen? Time to hold some "Rs" accountable, but that hasn't happened. They are all looking to blame someone else. While it is easy to say "D" this and "R" that, they are all in it for themselves. It is RARE to find a politician who isn't looking out for number one. Our election process isn't perfect, but it works. We are free, we are not under the rule of a monarchy, or a religion. The US is still the country to immigrate into and it is because of our opportunities. The sky isn't falling, the US of A isn't falling apart, and neither Hillary or Trump will destroy this country. I know people here think that Obama destroyed this country and Hillary will do the same. Then there are Trump haters who believe the same. They forget that our country will outlast them and any president, as has in the past. We have had a civil war and we pulled through. This election, is nothing new and our country will continue to be. There will be politicians who are bad for this country and others who are good. I am sure I will get a few more negs for this, as it is easier to neg someone than to truly and honestly think about the reality outside of our little slice of the life. With the 24/7 "news" (using that term real loosely), "we" are getting wrapped up into the frenzy, when in reality, look and think local, first, as that will have the biggest impact on your life. Elect vote for who you believe represents your beliefs and don't get sucked into the mud of politics.

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 07-07-2016).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Other than your first sentence, I agree.

The process of sausage making is best left to the butcher.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

While it is easy to say "D" this and "R" that, they are all in it for themselves. It is RARE to find a politician who isn't looking out for number one. Our election process isn't perfect, but it works. We are free, we are not under the rule of a monarchy, or a religion. The US is still the country to immigrate into and it is because of our opportunities. The sky isn't falling, the US of A isn't falling apart, and neither Hillary or Trump will destroy this country. I know people here think that Obama destroyed this country and Hillary will do the same. Then there are Trump haters who believe the same. They forget that our country will outlast them and any president, as has in the past. We have had a civil war and we pulled through. This election, is nothing new and our country will continue to be. There will be politicians who are bad for this country and others who are good. I am sure I will get a few more negs for this, as it is easier to neg someone than to truly and honestly think about the reality outside of our little slice of the life. With the 24/7 "news" (using that term real loosely), "we" are getting wrapped up into the frenzy, when in reality, look and think local, first, as that will have the biggest impact on your life. Elect vote for who you believe represents your beliefs and don't get sucked into the mud of politics.

I agree with some of that. With some comments. You included a sentence that says "There will be politicians who are bad for this country and others who are good." I would rather have the good. You said "They forget that our country will outlast them and any president, as has in the past. We have had a civil war and we pulled through." I'd rather not have a civil war. There have been countries change for the worse in history. I agree look and live local first, but I also look ahead and look up. Each choice made has consequences and I like to keep each one correct. I agree about not getting whipped up and as I say, believing the hype. But eyes open and taking stands where they need to be taken are important.
Just added thoughts.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-07-2016).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is a good politician? Was Lincoln good for this country? Some would say yes, some would say no... depends on what you believe in

Also, I am not saying we should have a civil war, I am pointing out that our country has gone through MUCH worse conflicts than what is happening now. We seem to live in the moment and think that what is happening now has never happened before.

You have to remember that most politics are local. Trump is an outsider, but most politicians come up through the ranks, voted in locally, then move upwards. The majority of voters supported them at one time. So, if one wants to force a direction, start at home and create the political environment that you believe is best.

Originally posted by 2.5:

I agree with some of that. With some comments. You included a sentence that says "There will be politicians who are bad for this country and others who are good." I would rather have the good. You said "They forget that our country will outlast them and any president, as has in the past. We have had a civil war and we pulled through." I'd rather not have a civil war. There have been countries change for the worse in history. I agree look and live local first, but I also look ahead and look up. Each choice made has consequences and I like to keep each one correct. I agree about not getting whipped up and as I say, believing the hype. But eyes open and taking stands where they need to be taken are important.
Just added thoughts.

newf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You mean like how the GOP government, here in MI, let the Flint lead-in-water issue happen? Time to hold some "Rs" accountable, but that hasn't happened. They are all looking to blame someone else. While it is easy to say "D" this and "R" that, they are all in it for themselves. It is RARE to find a politician who isn't looking out for number one. Our election process isn't perfect, but it works. We are free, we are not under the rule of a monarchy, or a religion. The US is still the country to immigrate into and it is because of our opportunities. The sky isn't falling, the US of A isn't falling apart, and neither Hillary or Trump will destroy this country. I know people here think that Obama destroyed this country and Hillary will do the same. Then there are Trump haters who believe the same. They forget that our country will outlast them and any president, as has in the past. We have had a civil war and we pulled through. This election, is nothing new and our country will continue to be. There will be politicians who are bad for this country and others who are good. I am sure I will get a few more negs for this, as it is easier to neg someone than to truly and honestly think about the reality outside of our little slice of the life. With the 24/7 "news" (using that term real loosely), "we" are getting wrapped up into the frenzy, when in reality, look and think local, first, as that will have the biggest impact on your life. Elect vote for who you believe represents your beliefs and don't get sucked into the mud of politics.

It's a similar story up here as well, albeit on a smaller scale. As much as some love to point out the differences in policies etc. for the most part when a politician gets in power they run pretty centrist because that's what they need to do to stay in power. They will tout their differences to their base to make sure they stay on their side when they run again. The machine whips up the base to keep them in line and easier to lead. Funny thing when you get all these "like minds" spouting off about how the other side is this and that they don't seem to realize that they've been played and they are doing exactly what the party leadership wants, people who just follow along with whatever todays narrative is. Not that it isn't easy to fall into that trap as the masters have become very very good at what they do.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... depends on what you believe in

... create the political environment that you believe is best.

Yep.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:
Funny thing when you get all these "like minds" spouting off about how the other side is this and that they don't seem to realize that they've been played and they are doing exactly what the party leadership wants, people who just follow along with whatever todays narrative is.

Yup.
PFF
System Bot
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What is a good politician? Was Lincoln good for this country? Some would say yes, some would say no... depends on what you believe in

At work in Michigan they were using a book called something something Lincoln Leadership bla bla.... Which blew my mind. Let's follow the principles of a guy that divided a country and started a civil war... I refused a copy. To me it would be like going to Alabama and using a book by David Duke for diversity studies.

As for the Flint mess. That's Libtard thinking all the way. When my city does something stupid I just blame the Governor and go on with my life... It certainly wasn't the City that did it.. Why didn't they just blame President Obama? ? ? If it's the "top person in charge that is to blame" then It's certainly President Obama's fault.

Brad
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You mean like how the GOP government, here in MI, let the Flint lead-in-water issue happen?

I thought this was a thread about Hillary? Why do you keep deflecting from the subject matter, Jask? I thought you hated it when other people did that? Well, since you did it, I guess it is ok if I do so myself...

Somewhere along the line I must have missed where the GOP intentionally dumped lead in the Flint water supply. Please post the link to that story. While you are at it, why don't you also post the news links that show:

-Where the GOP installed lead water pipes in the ground in the first place.

-Where the GOP was in charge of the city of Flint for the past 50 years or so and, during that time, refused to dig up the lead pipes and replace them with something safer.

-Where the GOP was in direct charge of the water treatment facility and failed to detect the caustic nature of the water leaving the facility that ended up damaging the pipes and causing the lead in them to be released into the water supply.

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 07-07-2016).]

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Darth Fiero

5921 posts
Member since Oct 2002

Time to hold some "Rs" accountable, but that hasn't happened.

I guess we are waiting on people like you to hold "Ds" accountable. But we haven't seen that happen yet either.
Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But the other side does things too!! -jaskispyder
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-07-2016 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I thought this was a thread about Hillary? Why do you keep deflecting from the subject matter, Jask? I thought you hated it when other people did that? Well, since you did it, I guess it is ok if I do so myself...

Somewhere along the line I must have missed where the GOP intentionally dumped lead in the Flint water supply. Please post the link to that story. While you are at it, why don't you also post the news links that show:

-Where the GOP was in charge of the city of Flint for the past 50 years or so and, during that time, refused to dig up the lead pipes and replace them with something safer.

-Where the GOP was in direct charge of the water treatment facility and failed to detect the caustic nature of the water leaving the facility that ended up damaging the pipes and causing the lead in them to be released into the water supply.

hope you have a lot of pop corn,, as you'll be waiting , redirect topic in 3-2-1
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

One of the hallmarks of the liberal leftist mind is a strong dependence on normative or meta-ethical moral relativism.

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Typical response... don't look at the reality of the real world. If you fail to understand the opposition, you will never defeat them.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002

I guess we are waiting on people like you to hold "Ds" accountable. But we haven't seen that happen yet either.

Sure, when appropriate. Will you do that for Rs? doubt it, as you have shown when it comes to Flint water. That belonged to the Rs.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002
It is an example, which you are participating in. You have shown that you know NOTHING about the water issue in Flint. Facts are not important to you, which points out that you can't see the truth, only that you want to blame democrats. Read up on the subject and get back to us... and no, I won't do research for you. Stop being lazy and just blaming out of ignorance.

Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quit spamming
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You have to remember that most politics are local.

Another shibboleth of the liberal left.

"All politics is local." Thomas P. ("Tip") O'Neill
Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is an example, which you are participating in. You have shown that you know NOTHING about the water issue in Flint. Facts are not important to you, which points out that you can't see the truth, only that you want to blame democrats. Read up on the subject and get back to us... and no, I won't do research for you. Stop being lazy and just blaming out of ignorance.

So... You went from Flint to attacking him now? He asked you. And it was playing into your deflection. Now we're on another deflection. It's like inception in here.

Brad
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, you never vote in local elections and support your candidates as they progress? Voters have more power than you give them, but I don't think you will care about how our government works. You sound like a liberal hack, more and more.

Originally posted by randye:

Another shibboleth of the liberal left.

"All politics is local." Thomas P. ("Tip") O'Neill

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002

So... You went from Flint to attacking him now? He asked you. And it was playing into your deflection. Now we're on another deflection. It's like inception in here.

Brad

"Of one mind"
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2016 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh, come on ,if you are so up on the facts on the flint water issues, then surely you have links and links showing how it was the "R" leadership and control that cause this,,,

oh, wait.. the "R"'s haven't been in control in those/there parts for 50+ years..

back to your normal deflection b/s.. in 3-2-1
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2016 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

Oh, come on ,if you are so up on the facts on the flint water issues, then surely you have links and links showing how it was the "R" leadership and control that cause this,,,

oh, wait.. the "R"'s haven't been in control in those/there parts for 50+ years..

back to your normal deflection b/s.. in 3-2-1

You are too busy swearing at me to even get your facts straight, again:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wi...strength_in_Michigan
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2016 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are too busy swearing at me to even get your facts straight, again:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wi...strength_in_Michigan

How about a link that not anyone can edit...
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2016 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

How about a link that not anyone can edit...

I guess it was too much of a bother to actually open the link and see it is factual information about Michigan's political party and government. JUST what you asked for.

As I said, it doesn't support your agenda, so you try to come back with some stupid comment. You failed, again.

Deflection in 3...2...1...

Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2016 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Brad

And that is exacly why I don't understand why anyone would want to try to have an intelligent exchange with jackass jack-off-spyder.

Kevin
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2016 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

And that is exacly why I don't understand why anyone would want to try to have an intelligent exchange with jackass jack-off-spyder.

Kevin

I haven't seen you actually try to have an intelligent exchange with anyone.... lamb nuts. "of the mind" only knows to attack anyone who isn't "of the mind". Reminds me of the Star Trek episode with Landru. And, yes, I will defend myself from people like lamb nuts.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
PFF
System Bot
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2016 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why did the state of Michigan have to step in and take part in what was going on in the Flint city government in the first place?
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2016 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why did the state of Michigan have to step in and take part in what was going on in the Flint city government in the first place?

Why don't you just tell us, as you won't like my answer (facts and such... oh... bad)?

For the rest of you, who are interested in the real reason, here is a good article: http://www.mlive.com/busine...dy_predicted_fl.html

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 07-08-2016).]

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2016 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why don't you just tell us, as you won't like my answer (facts and such... oh... bad)?

For the rest of you, who are interested in the real reason, here is a good article: http://www.mlive.com/busine...dy_predicted_fl.html

I think this story better explains it:

Flint, Mich., has been poisoning its residents. The city, in an attempt to save money, planned to stop buying water from Detroit and sign up with a regional water system; in the interim, it was getting its municipal water from the Flint River, which is as much a garbage dump as it is a body of water. Residents complained that the water smells of chemicals, that it isn’t the right color, etc. Children’s lead levels are dangerously high, and an outbreak of Legionnaires’ disease may also be linked to city water. The city knew about this, and did approximately nothing in response until the problem was well advanced. A word that is curiously scarce in coverage of this disaster: Democrat. Flint, like big brother Detroit down the way, has a long history of political dominance by the Democratic party. Its current mayor is a Democrat; so was her predecessor; the mayor before him, Don Williamson, was a career criminal (he did time for various scams some years back) and a Democrat who resigned under threat of recall; his immediate predecessor, Democrat James W. Rutherford, is a longtime politico and was elected to finish out the term of Woodrow Stanley, who was recalled because of the financial state in which he left the city.

Stanley was in effect replaced by — Democrat — Darnell Earley, former director of the Democratic legislative caucus’s research-and-policy team, who became the city’s emergency manager. Earley is the Democrat the other Democrats blame for changing the city’s water supply, and the Michigan Democratic party has demanded his termination. The Obama administration knew about this, too, and had known for a long time, since February of last year at least — but it chose to keep quiet on the matter.

A couple of hundred miles away, a federal judge has found that city lawyers in Chicago — which is effectively under single-party Democratic rule and long has been — intentionally concealed evidence during a trial over a police shooting. Chicago’s mayor, Rahm Emanuel — former right-hand man to Barack Obama — says that it simply is “not possible” that his administration has been involved in a cover-up of possible police misconduct. The evidence involved recordings of police radio communications — the sort of thing that would be relevant in a trial about the correctness of a police shooting. The city lawyers also “misled the court” about their evaluation of evidence. Down in Atlanta, the Democrat-run school system was so thoroughly corrupt that teachers and administrators have been sent to prison; a Fulton County judge later reduced some of those sentences, saying he was “not comfortable” with them. In California, the Democrat-run teachers’ unions went to the mattresses to fight a state law that would have made it easier to fire teachers who had sexual relations with children in their care. When a Los Angeles teacher accused of sexual impropriety with his students was fired, he sued to appeal his firing — and the Democrat-dominated school district paid him $40,000 to drop the appeal.

In Flint, they’ll find some way to make this the fault of the governor of Michigan, who is a Republican. The Washington Post already is publishing absurd columns in which the situation in Flint is blamed on “democracy coopted by corporate concerns,” as Janell Ross daftly puts it in a column in which the word “Democrat” does not appear. Illinois has a new Republican governor, too, and perhaps they’ll find a way to blame him for Rahm Emanuel’s shenanigans. But that game can be played only for so long. The list of Democrat-manufactured basket-cases is long: Detroit, Philadelphia, Cleveland, New Orleans, Chicago, Newark . . .

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.c...l-democratic-pattern

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 07-08-2016).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2016 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Called it...

National Review: "The magazine has been described as "the bible of American conservatism".[24]"

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2016 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Called it...

National Review: "The magazine has been described as "the bible of American conservatism".[24]"

Was anything cited in that National Review article false?
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2016 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Darth Fiero

5921 posts
Member since Oct 2002

Your linked article does not explain why Flint's city government required the state to step in. The article I posted from the National Review does.

But let's look deeper into the article you cited. It says Flint relied heavily on GM, and GM left. Why did GM leave? GM got bailed out by Obama and the Democrats, and as I recall, partial ownership of GM was given to the UAW who sends most of its political contributions to the democrats. But yet, despite all this, GM still left. Why?
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2016 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your linked article does not explain why Flint's city government required the state to step in. The article I posted from the National Review does.

But let's look deeper into the article you cited. It says Flint relied heavily on GM, and GM left. Why did GM leave? GM got bailed out by Obama and the Democrats, and as I recall, partial ownership of GM was given to the UAW who sends most of its political contributions to the democrats. But yet, despite all this, GM still left. Why?

To get out of the we build trash they needed workers that wanted to work and took pride in what they did, you will not find that in that area even gm knew it and skipped out of dodge
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2016 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Was anything cited in that National Review article false?

They make Fox News look liberal. The article is so slanted, the words have a hard time not slipping off the page. There are facts in the article. That is good, at least.

Oh, and you need to look at time line with Flint and GM. You speak as if you know nothing about the subject, but think that reading a one-sided article makes it all better.

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2016 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They make Fox News look liberal. The article is so slanted, the words have a hard time not slipping off the page. There are facts in the article. That is good, at least.

look deflection,, not a lick of answering the question, if the linked article had it's facts wrong..

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock