Started on: 02-26-2016 03:08 AM
Replies: 265 (3650 views)
Last post by: pokeyfiero on 08-04-2024 04:56 PM
dratts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Can't stay home--too many state/ local races the same time.

Plus could we really trust each other to stay home anyway?
IP: Logged
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why so serious?

Que the circus music, Ready the clowns, It's time to start the shoe!

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 03-08-2016).]

spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmclemore:

I am beginning to think your aim is to offend.
If I'm wrong, It's because of comments like the one
quoted above. If I'm right, congratulations I'm offend.

That was more a statement about those presently supporting the GOP frontrunner than anything else.

Admit it or not, such does seem to be a factor.
jmclemore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmclemoreSend a Private Message to jmclemoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

That was more a statement about those presently supporting the GOP frontrunner than anything else.

That would have been more clear had you stated that
in the post. Perhaps it is what you meant. But the words
you chose labeled GOP/Republican voters as racist looking
for a candidate, thus the Popularity of Trump.....

Now I recently said something along the same lines....

It seems that only one party feels the need to
earn the black vote. The other acts like they own it.

I will take ownership of that statement. That is a statement
about the parties, not the voters.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmclemore:

I will take ownership of that statement.

...and I too take ownership of mine. I said precisely what I believe.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

Plus could we really trust each other to stay home anyway?

I would take you at your word in a minute.

Trump and Sanders win in Michigan. I didn't see that coming for either of them. Hillary took Michigan in 2008 with 56%, but it was a screwed up primary due to the fact that the Dem Party censured Michigan for holding it's primary too early in the year, and by voting day, (Jan 15) all candidates except Clinton, Kucinich, and Mike Gravel had dropped out of that primary.
Trump winning in Mississippi is a surprise too. Thought Cruz would do better in that traditionally red state.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-09-2016).]

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would take you at your word in a minute.

Trump and Sanders win in Michigan. I didn't see that coming for either of them. Hillary took Michigan in 2008 with 56%, but it was a screwed up primary due to the fact that the Dem Party censured Michigan for holding it's primary too early in the year, and by voting day, (Jan 15) all candidates except Clinton, Kucinich, and Mike Gravel had dropped out of that primary.
Trump winning in Mississippi is a surprise too. Thought Cruz would do better in that traditionally red state.

I had a feeling that Michigan might turn out that way for Bernie because of his momentum but I wasn't sure that I wasn't wishful thinking. This might very well be the beginning of the end for Hillary.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love Drudge's headline: "Incredible shrinking campaign"

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LMMFAO ^ ^ ^ ^
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had a feeling that Michigan might turn out that way for Bernie because of his momentum but I wasn't sure that I wasn't wishful thinking. This might very well be the beginning of the end for Hillary.

Bernie could win every remaining primary and the super delegates would still be able to nominate Clinton. The Democratic primary system has nothing to do with the popular vote, the DNC will nominate who they want.
The only path for Sanders is an indictment of HRC by the DOJ, if that happens, the DNC will nominate someone else, perhaps Biden or Bloomburg.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If Trump gets Ohio and Florida next week, the others may as well quit. Then just let the convention fight it out. Personally, I think he will. Kasich MIGHT win Ohio, hes got a lot of local support so hes got a chance, but I dont like him. He has not been as good for Ohio as he would like people to think.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pretty much all the TV ads were for Bernie, the day before the Primary.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

If Trump gets Ohio and Florida next week, the others may as well quit. Then just let the convention fight it out. Personally, I think he will. Kasich MIGHT win Ohio, hes got a lot of local support so hes got a chance, but I dont like him. He has not been as good for Ohio as he would like people to think.

It would be "much ado about nothing" politically. John Kasich hasn’t even hit 100 delegates yet. He currently has 54 and needs 1,183 to win the nomination. Kasich is indeed hoping for a win in his home state, which is "winner-take-all" with 66 available delegates. Even if he gets them, it's unlikely to change the race much. Trump has 458 and needs 1,237 to clinch.

Having said that....
http://www.foxnews.com/poli...io.html?intcmp=hpbt1

A "brokered convention" would be a nightmare for the GOP base. Theoretically, the party could end up with a candidate who isn't even running a campaign.

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 03-09-2016).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, a brokered convention pretty much takes the voters completely out of the picture and their will is disregarded.
I thought I had read that Cruz had stated he wanted no part of a brokered convention, but that may have been back when no one thought Trump would last this long.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yep, a brokered convention pretty much takes the voters completely out of the picture and their will is disregarded.
I thought I had read that Cruz had stated he wanted no part of a brokered convention, but that may have been back when no one thought Trump would last this long.

Oh my goodness it boggles my little brain to think of all the mess that could stir up.

I'm having a hard time staying on a thought trying to think about it all.

My preliminary guess is that everyone would be right back sunning on the beach as soon as that rogue wave washed back out.
jmclemore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmclemoreSend a Private Message to jmclemoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any candidate that will not reject the call for a brokered conversion
to undermine the candidate with a majority of delegates, is a deal
breaker for me. Would Appear, Smell and Taste too much like a
dictator for my tolerance....
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I early-voted on Monday.

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A "brokered convention" would mean I never voted Republican again in my life.

I would stay independent until the day I die. IF I ever voted again.

To me the brokered convention means the people no longer have a choice in the country, and all hope of regaining anything is lost without a civil war.

Brad
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup. If Trump got the required number and they pushed him out anyway, he would have every right to go independent since the party would break their 'contract ' with him. Id still vote for him. BTW, jfi, Ben Carson has formally went to Trumps side now too and prob would bring his supporters with him. Ive been in Ohio most of my life and dont see Kasich winning Ohio myself, not that ive never been wrong before.
PFF
System Bot
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sadly.....very sadly....this pic pretty much sums up the GOP 2016 political season.

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Doni Hagan

8242 posts
Member since Jun 2001
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sadly.....very sadly....this pic pretty much sums up the GOP 2016 political season.

Hillary saluting back...........

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, those Trump rallies remind me of the peaceful protests in Baltimore and other places last year.
There are similarities.
Gosh, what could they be?
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

By the way.........

I hope all you "smarter than me" folks noticed the really bad Photoshop job on this.

The hand (especially the fingers) are much bigger than the hand holding the cigarette AND the arm that is raised shows a long sleeve sweater when the person is wearing a short sleeve T-shirt.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gee....Nice deflection.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Doni Hagan

8242 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

By the way.........

I hope all you "smarter than me" folks noticed the really bad Photoshop job on this.

The hand (especially the fingers) are much bigger than the hand holding the cigarette AND the arm that is raised shows a long sleeve sweater when the person is wearing a short sleeve T-shirt.

Oh, come on. Really?
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gee....Nice deflection.

Is it?

Or is it debunking a lie?
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thunderstruck GT

2664 posts
Member since Oct 2015

Oh, come on. Really?

Look at the photo you posted and then ask me.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh, come on. Really?

Doni. Are you noticing yet how much your side is having to lie in order to "win"? Or do you not care about the truth?

Has it gone that far for you? Go, find more photoshops that prove your point. I'm certain that with all of the out of work Liberal Arts majors that are on the Lefts side that you can find some good ones. (They also have time for all this crap.)

Brad
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 'protesters' last nite in Chicago for a Trump rally were mostly not even real protesters. They were paid to disrupt the rally by unknown persons or organizations. I watched a lot of the coverage into the wee hours. Several protesters were asked for interviews by reporters and wouldnt or couldnt even say what they were protesting. They didnt have a clue what Trump even had to say. One particular girl they stopped was cursing like a sailor to everyone within hearing, and when the reporter asked what she was protesting, she said she didnt want to say and ran away. If theyre REALLY protesting anything, wouldnt they love to have the advantage of a national audience to state their case. They were plants. Their Sole purpose for being there was to instigate a riot based on whats happened at other Trump rallys to make him look worse. I also saw more of the video from the other nite when the 71 yo man hit a protestor. Reporter Kelly said the man hit the protester unprovoked by the black man peacefully being escorted out. Before the man hit (with his forearm actually) him he didnt provoke him at all from what others in the crowd said . He told the old man to f...k himself and what was he going to do about it....well he got facebutted didnt he. Someone says that to me, Id smack them too...thats what id do about it.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stop taking/making it personal.
It's just politics, as usual.
Only thing that has changed is the amount and kinds of visual bull feces being slung around to get a point across. It ain't no big thang..
Early versions of "photoshop" :

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-12-2016).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The woman herself explains why she made the gesture. I'll take her at her word.

BTW....the photo wasn't altered.

http://www.nytimes.com/poli...times&smtyp=cur&_r=0
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The woman herself explains why she made the gesture. I'll take her at her word.

BTW....the photo wasn't altered.

http://www.nytimes.com/poli...times&smtyp=cur&_r=0

Trump is the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man. We have chosen the form of the Destroyer.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

What all the skeptics and politicians are afraid of is that Trump might actually kick some ass and straighten this place out.

Face it, every successful businessman that has ever ran for political office had "the establishment" fight against them tooth 'n nail.

"The Establishment" is afraid that a businessman might run this country like a business, which is what it is. Only, it's a business that has run amok due to too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

What's funny is that you and I are basically polar opposites (supposedly), and yet we both intend to vote for Trump. Common ground...

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
What's funny is that you and I are basically polar opposites (supposedly), and yet we both intend to vote for Trump. Common ground...

Sick of the status quo

It's time someone was in there with a business mentality and some street smarts.

Not just some rich politician with a "bought 'n paid for" piece of paper in a WalMart frame hanging on the wall.

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 03-12-2016).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Was a Sander's plant

https://twitter.com/voxday/...280722276352/photo/1

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock