Started on: 02-26-2016 03:08 AM
Replies: 265 (3650 views)
Last post by: pokeyfiero on 08-04-2024 04:56 PM
Doni Hagan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Was a Sander's plant

https://twitter.com/voxday/...280722276352/photo/1

Hmmm ...interesting. Portia Boulger, huh? She must have an alias.

But in an interview on Saturday from her home in Yorkville, Ill., Birgitt Peterson, 69, who says she was the woman in the photo, explained why she had made the salute.
IP: Logged
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if you read down in the comments from Wichita's link, Portia Boulger posted to that twitter post, complete with a pic of herself, debunking the original twitter message. I assumed Wichita had read it all and that was why he included the facepalm.

Follow

Portia A. Boulger
‏@
I wasn't in Chicago last pm spreading some nasty. My hair is short. Come on 2 IBEW in Chillcothe & #GOTVforBernie

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-12-2016).]

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Don, for clearing that up for me. I didn't read the comments, just the item itself.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
more here. you'll have to read down a ways.
https://twitter.com/PortiaABoulger

such a convoluted primary cycle...seems as if controversy is increasing the # of people who support Hillary, Sanders and Trump.
Future historians will probably have some catchy name for this time period when everything seemed upside down, but is this a precursor of things to come or will we see things return to 'normal' after all this interesting debacle is over?
The only thing close to all this I have ever seen was during one of Edwin Edward's re-election campaign for Gov of Louisiana. The feds had him under investigation for racketeering, he had made his "in bed with a live boy or dead girl" statement, and one of his ardent supporters stood on the capitol steps and cut himself with a broken bottle exclaiming "I will bleed for Edwin Edwards!!!".

This country has seemingly gone nuts, left, right and center and all at the same time...Zika???
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So they started to riot in Chicago because of Trump's statement that he said he was going to help people get back to work.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The man that tried to storm the stage in Ohio to attack Trump:

http://www.allenbwest.com/2...explains-everything/

Basically your typical Sander's leftist who has a history of burning and trashing the American Flag.

jmclemore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmclemoreSend a Private Message to jmclemoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DC has spoken....
The results look like the GOP
broke in and stuffed the ballot box....

Mar 12: District of Columbia Republican Caucus

[This message has been edited by jmclemore (edited 03-13-2016).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmclemore:

DC has spoken....
The results look like the GOP
broke in and stuffed the ballot box....

Mar 12: District of Columbia Republican Caucus

Less than 3,000 people voted.

In Wyoming, it was less than 1,000 people.

Who is getting all the press? Still the Trump! Right now Fox News is broadcasting live, his rally in Illinois. They have been broadcasting live all his events. The other candidates get a sound bite.

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Less than 3,000 people voted.

And of those most were minorities. The same people that hate walls, jail and do most of the rioting.

Yep, I said it!

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 03-13-2016).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
According to the news this morning, Rubio HAS to win 95+% of the primaries left to win, and Kasich has to win 112%, which would be impossible anyway. Its really only a Trump vs Kruz race now, and Trump is way ahead. Like I said if Trump gets Ohio and Florida, or maybe a few others as substitutes, its over for Kruz.
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

According to the news this morning, Rubio HAS to win 95+% of the primaries left to win, and Kasich has to win 112%, which would be impossible anyway. Its really only a Trump vs Kruz race now, and Trump is way ahead. Like I said if Trump gets Ohio and Florida, or maybe a few others as substitutes, its over for Kruz.

Personally I think Rubbio and Kruz are going to shine in Florida mainly because of Miami and because it's FLORIDUH.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

Sick of the status quo

It's time someone was in there with a business mentality and some street smarts.

Not just some rich politician with a "bought 'n paid for" piece of paper in a WalMart frame hanging on the wall.

I keep mine in the filing cabinet!
jmclemore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmclemoreSend a Private Message to jmclemoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Who is getting all the press? Still the Trump! Right now Fox News is broadcasting live, his rally in Illinois. They have been broadcasting live all his events. The other candidates get a sound bite.

The Only Guy from either party capable of drawing the
largest, most diverse grouping of spectators to himself
and the TV.......

He drives up the price tag on ad slots (they're winning with Trump)

Most of the airtime given to Hillary comes ,
When Trump is bashing her
When Bernie is bashing her
When they are bashing her - covering scandal updates
Or
When she starts channeling a female southern baptist
minister....

The only positive coverage she gets comes from the ads
her campaign and supportive pacs have paid for.

[This message has been edited by jmclemore (edited 03-13-2016).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Personally I think Rubbio and Kruz are going to shine in Florida mainly because of Miami and because it's FLORIDUH.

I count Rubio gone. Even if he does get all of Florida, hes still in third place needing to still win 90% of the rest. I dont see that ever happening. If Kruz wins it, hes still behind Trump. If he also gets Ohio and Missouri, he still got a possible chance.

I also think all the protests (or troublemakers) at Trumps rallys have backfired. They seem to have made Trump supporters MORE determined, and bringing more new voters out of the woodwork.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I count Rubio gone. Even if he does get all of Florida, hes still in third place needing to still win 90% of the rest. I dont see that ever happening. If Kruz wins it, hes still behind Trump. If he also gets Ohio and Missouri, he still got a possible chance.

I also think all the protests (or troublemakers) at Trumps rallys have backfired. They seem to have made Trump supporters MORE determined, and bringing more new voters out of the woodwork.

I agree with you. I'm just saying Trump will have a tough time in Florida because it'd Floriduh.

As far as the protests go, hell I heard the media this morning feeling sorry for Trump because of the idiots. LMFAO!!!!

The harder the morons try to take him down the stronger he gets!
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I agree with you. I'm just saying Trump will have a tough time in Florida because it'd Floriduh.

As far as the protests go, hell I heard the media this morning feeling sorry for Trump because of the idiots. LMFAO!!!!

The media will take it easy on him until after the convention, they want to see Trump versus Hillary. They have made sure no one forgets his name from the moment he announced. After the convention, they will tear him to pieces.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rubio is strong in Florida only because he's one of our senators and Cuban. Ultimately though, most people realize at this point that a vote for him is more or less a waste. I think the Rubio votes might be a protest vote... for those who are unwilling yet to vote for Trump.

I've already voted for Trump, I did so already in early voting... but I think he's going to win Florida pretty handily... the good thing is that it's a Winner-Take-All, so he'll get basically 100 delegates from this (99 actually). The latest Florida polls (some ending yesterday) show Trump absolutely dominating in Florida by more than 20+ points.

Ohio will be really, really close though. Trump is losing by 1-2 points against Kasich. But if there can be good turnout for Trump, or Trump can just eek it out, it'll be a really good day for Trump. But it's a Winner-Take-All, so Kasich will end up (if he can win) with all of those.

Trump is dominating in IL and MO, and they are also Winner-Take-All, which is good for Trump.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If Rubio works as a president like he "worked" as a senator, he'd be missing 60% of his committee meetings and be out of touch with what is going on. The puppet masters in the Republican party are upset with Trump because they don't have control of his strings like they do with Cruz, Kasich or Rubio.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

If Rubio works as a president like he "worked" as a senator, he'd be missing 60% of his committee meetings and be out of touch with what is going on. The puppet masters in the Republican party are upset with Trump because they don't have control of his strings like they do with Cruz, Kasich or Rubio.

The same holds (albeit to a lesser extent) true for Sanders and the Democrat party puppet masters.
I bet the Republican Party leaders now wish they could go back to the good old days when all they had to adversely contend with was Tea Party candidates.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

Soros and Moveon.org along with Blacklivesmatter are all spending millions of dollars to try to stop Trump, including organizing and funding the Chicago protest riots.

Soros currently isn't trying to stop or campaign against Cruz or the rest of the Republican candidates. Only Trump.

PFF
System Bot
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this the British version of Donald Trump?

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of the latest Fla polls show Rubio in 3rd behind Trump and Cruz. Not carrying his home state? In a loosing effort, Al Gore failed to carry his home state of Tenn in his bid for President---bad omen.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trump will be the next Ronald Regan and Teddy Roosevelt.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not religious at all but I was educated in church at an early age. Jesus Christ is a great model to follow. I don't have to tell you which presidential candidate is the most Christ like. It's not hard to figure out and it isn't Trump.
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dratts

8373 posts
Member since Apr 2001
I am amazed at the Christians I know who are vehemently anti Bernie. I don't get it but it's true. I can't help but question if they are true Christians. jmho.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

I am amazed at the Christians I know who are vehemently anti Bernie. I don't get it but it's true. I can't help but question if they are true Christians. jmho.

Bernie is Jewish, so that makes him going to hell in the eyes of the Evangelicals.

Doesn't matter if Jesus was a Jew.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most christians in my area are thieves, liars, adulterers and drug users that use God as a way to redeem themselves and justify their actions.

I can't and won't trust them.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John Kasich when he was a US Representative from Ohio for nearly 20-years.

He got a nice letter from Bill Clinton:

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow.
Its kind of appalling to me when anyone says they don't believe in something and then uses that thing to try and control someone else.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Bernie is a good and honest, but misguided man.
I think Cruz is good, honest and guided.
PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think one of the problems with Bernie, and my left-leaning wife actually agrees, is that instead of helping the poor lift themselves up to higher levels, he wants to bring the higher-ups down. Of course, the difference between Sanders and Clinton is that, even though they may both want to do similar things, Sanders believes that what he's doing is the right thing to do (in his mind anyway) and Hillary wants to do the same thing, but to bring herself more power and wealth. She's just a lot better at hiding it. I think Hillary would make an awesome President if I could believe a word she says. But I don't trust her. Never have and likely never will.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I think Bernie is a good and honest, but misguided man.
I think Cruz is good, honest and guided.

You are right about Bernie, wrong about Cruz. I know I won't change your mind. I'll let Cruz expose himself to you.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some people must assume that people who don’t want to vote for more forced charity or redistribution of wealth do not help the needy. This is not correct.

I think not wanting to contribute more to a corrupt system what abuses the funding redistributing it to and thru manipulation and dishonesty is legit. Giving as an individual one can choose wisely where to donate funds as well as time.

Regarding Bernie, regarding the idea people are pushing that Jesus would be pro a more socialistic government...

* I found this a good related point:

“The big problem eating the heart out of our modern culture is the collapse of community. Industrialisation, globalisation and urbanisation have eliminated the links between people that once held society together. Family members can travel all over the world to live and work. People and families live in isolation.

The collapse of community is greatest in modern cities, where migration and urbanisation have broken down traditional community relationships. Social mobility prevents stable relationships from developing and family life is breaking down. People become cogs in the corporate machine and life is often characterised by loneliness and personal insecurity.
Modern suburban culture creates barriers to communication and encourages individualism. As communities are breaking down and fear is rising, high fences are going up between houses isolating people from each other. This isolation means that most people do not belong to the community where they live.

This isolation and dislocation of urban society has been accompanied by the aggregation and accumulation of political power to the modern state. We now face the bizarre situation where needs are concentrated in individuals, but power and money is concentrated at the national level. This leaves families and individuals powerless before a faceless government.
To restore to cohesion of our societies, real community will have to be restored to our societies, but it is not clear who will do it. Politicians have an inbuilt tendency to push power and money to the top, which will weaken society.”

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-14-2016).]

jmclemore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmclemoreSend a Private Message to jmclemoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are right about Bernie, wrong about Cruz. I know I won't change your mind. I'll let Cruz expose himself to you.

People forget how evil works.
they assume that it is this dark, ugly, arrogant, hateful and murderous entity.
but how does that square with the joyful, opportunist, meme who would
video tape tragedy, injury and death only to post it on social media instead
of first call 911. Sorry I have more trust for a self declared satanist than an
indifferent individual who can use the suffering of others to boost their
popularity on facebook, twitter, youtube, etc.

We often miss identify evil because we do not expect it to be beautiful,
kind, courteous, selfless or noble ....

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

2 Corinthians 11:14
"...Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light."

John 8:44
"...there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Wow.
Its kind of appalling to me when anyone says they don't believe in something and then uses that thing to try and control someone else.

I'm open minded about God and atheism. I don't have a clue if either one is right. I am pretty sure that my beliefs won't influence even one person so it would be pointless for me to try and control someone else. Sorry I appalled you. Wasn't my intent.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm open minded about God and atheism. I don't have a clue if either one is right. I am pretty sure that my beliefs won't influence even one person so it would be pointless for me to try and control someone else. Sorry I appalled you. Wasn't my intent.

I didn't take offense as much as being dismayed.
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

but how does that square with the joyful, opportunist, meme who would
video tape tragedy, injury and death only to post it on social media instead
of first call 911. Sorry I have more trust for a self declared satanist than an
indifferent individual who can use the suffering of others to boost their
popularity on facebook, twitter, youtube, etc.

I have to admit that I picture evil as dark, ugly,arrogant,hateful, and murderous and I don't expect it to be beautiful, kind, courteous, selfless, or noble. I think that I missed your point though.
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dratts

8373 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by 2.5:

I didn't take offense as much as being dismayed.

I don't mean to cause dismay either. I may have been dismayed by a post of yours too. I can't remember if I have but if I was I'm sure that it wasn't your intention. My point was that in my opinion there has been one president that was the most Christ like in my lifetime and now a candidate that most reminds me of Christ who I hugely admire. I'm talking about Jimmy Carter and Bernie Sanders. It's just my opinion but if I were following the teaching of Christ that I was exposed to in my youth the answer would be obvious and perfectly clear. That's just the way I read the teaching that I was exposed to. Maybe I'm wrong.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock