Now I have to Vote For Trump by jmclemore
Started on: 02-26-2016 03:08 AM
Replies: 265 (3650 views)
Last post by: pokeyfiero on 08-04-2024 04:56 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:
I don't mean to cause dismay either. I may have been dismayed by a post of yours too. I can't remember if I have but if I was I'm sure that it wasn't your intention. My point was that in my opinion there has been one president that was the most Christ like in my lifetime and now a candidate that most reminds me of Christ who I hugely admire. I'm talking about Jimmy Carter and Bernie Sanders. It's just my opinion but if I were following the teaching of Christ that I was exposed to in my youth the answer would be obvious and perfectly clear. That's just the way I read the teaching that I was exposed to. Maybe I'm wrong.

What are your thoughts on my post a few down from the reply I had to yours? The one with the big quote in it just before jmclemore's post.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-14-2016).]

IP: Logged
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In worst to best presidents, Jimmy Carter is generally ranked in the 10 worst, especially if the list covers only the modern era. If it's any consolation, GW Bush and Nixon are usually right around the same rank as Carter.

http://www.rantpolitical.co...from-worst-to-first/
http://www.thetoptens.com/worst-us-presidents/
http://us-presidents.inside...dents#1-jimmy-carter
http://www.amazon.com/Star-...idents/dp/0684852063

dratts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

What are your thoughts on my post a few down from the reply I had to yours? The one with the big quote in it just before jmclemore's post.

I think that some private charities are a lot better than government charity. Some way worse. We have to be careful and we have a better chance at that through private charity. It helps me feel better when I'm paying my my taxes to know that some of it is going for help to the needy. Good points on community. My fences are an effort to avoid confrontation with my neighbors. I'm unconventional in a conventional neighborhood. They would prefer that everybodys residence look the same. I'm hoping that when I get finished it will be acceptable. It definitely will be more interesting.
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dratts

8373 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by maryjane:

In worst to best presidents, Jimmy Carter is generally ranked in the 10 worst, especially if the list covers only the modern era. If it's any consolation, GW Bush and Nixon are usually right around the same rank as Carter.

http://www.rantpolitical.co...from-worst-to-first/
http://www.thetoptens.com/worst-us-presidents/
http://us-presidents.inside...dents#1-jimmy-carter
http://www.amazon.com/Star-...idents/dp/0684852063

In reading your references I come away with his lack of being an effective leader as his worst quality and I won't argue that he accomplished a lot. That being said I'll trade a president who doesn't push through a ton of legislation over one who is good at it and pushes bad legislation. Sometimes I think that there should be a requirement that every time we create a new law we should have to retire an old one. Just my opinion but I think there are so many laws that none of us are 100% law abiding.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Bernie is Jewish, so that makes him going to hell in the eyes of the Evangelicals.

Doesn't matter if Jesus was a Jew.

... and follows the shock that Bernie is a Jew because Dratts didn't realize it, and old-school Dems don't like Jews.

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So much for the separation of church and state.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That being said I'll trade a president who doesn't push through a ton of legislation over one who is good at it and pushes bad legislation. .

That's part of the reason we vote for different people too, we don't agree on what good or bad legislation is.

But hopefully the Legislative branch gets to do its job fully.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmclemore:

People forget how evil works.

Worse... They just don't know.

I have to admit that I picture evil as dark, ugly,arrogant,hateful, and murderous and I don't expect it to be beautiful, kind, courteous, selfless, or noble. I think that I missed your point though.

dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
... and follows the shock that Bernie is a Jew because Dratts didn't realize it, and old-school Dems don't like Jews.

I knew that Bernie is a Jew. I would prefer an agnostic but you can't run for president without declaring your faith in god. Like most of us here I don't find any candidate 100
% and Bernie isn't an exception for me. I didn't know that old-school Dems don't like Jews. That would help explain the DNCs rejection of Bernie. And maybe the fact that he has always been an independent and is antiestablishment

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 03-14-2016).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I didn't know that old-school Dems don't like Jews.

You are either lying to us, or lying to yourself. In order to not know that you would have to be so completely uninformed... Wait.... Bernie supporter. Say no more.

Brad
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

You are either lying to us, or lying to yourself. In order to not know that you would have to be so completely uninformed... Wait.... Bernie supporter. Say no more.

Brad

Poll! Am I the only one who didn't know that? Is it a fact? I confess to not being an expert on the Democratic party. I reject that I'm lying to myself or anyone else. I'm not all knowing so there's always a chance that I have made a miss statement due to faulty information but I wouldn't lie intentionally.

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 03-14-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I reject that I'm lying to myself or anyone else. I'm not all knowing so there's always a chance that I have made a miss statement due to faulty information but I wouldn't lie intentionally.

It's no wonder I gave you a plus way back when.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2016 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never knew you HAD to profess a religion to run for office. Id love to see what Obuma wrote in.... Does that mean a Satanist could run ?
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2016 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I never knew you HAD to profess a religion to run for office. Id love to see what Obuma wrote in.... Does that mean a Satanist could run ?

I'm sure that you can run. You wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in hell though.
jmclemore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2016 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmclemoreSend a Private Message to jmclemoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back to the topic

Left : Trump, dangerous and unprecedented candidate, threat to the progressive movement and the nation

PHOENIX — Leading liberals and progressive groups are turning their gaze away from the Democratic primary and toward efforts to unite the left against Donald Trump, framing him as a dangerous and unprecedented candidate who poses an existential threat to the progressive movement and the nation.

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2016 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When is Trump going to release his birth certificate?
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2021 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So....................

It has been a minute since We discussed what was about to befall us all.

Have we not lived in interesting times???
To predict short spans of our great experiment is entertaining but ultimately futile it seems.
Not to mention reality has a way of authoring some amazing twists in combinations more entertaining than our best fiction.

If you read this back then you might say it is way out there.
Now, Given what has really happened can you ever say anything is too far out there?

I look at this thread and all its convictions and emotions that are far too real.
I realize that we are just going for a ride all sitting in the back seat poking, hitting, misbehaving, and arguing about where we are going to maybe, never realizing that even the driver doesn't know. Just didn't know what to do with us so decided to just take us for a ride.

https://www.theatlantic.com...-went-insane/485570/

------------------
Though I am branded a devil in priests clothing I cast not the raiment I wear for I am not beholden to any flock with which any color has been given to me.

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-28-2021 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From reading the last 2 pages only, you guys talked about God, Bernie, Jews, Christians, Democrats, Satan/Hillary and Trump.
Trump is now twice impeached on almost no grounds. He's kicked off all social media. Repub's have closed the book on him. Bernie bros, aren't they pretty well understood to be unhinged? Hillary is past tense until some Quentin Tarantino revives her career. For evangelicals, Jews, atheists nothing has changed.

The virus was politicized to impact the economy and election, the political climate is more polarized. The anti-White sentiment is much higher, trannie wannabes are going back in the military for operations, Julian Assange was not pardoned but some rappers were, etc..
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2021 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

So....................

<snip>

Have we not lived in interesting times???

<snip>

Nice to hear from you again. Where have you been hiding?
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2021 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

Nice to hear from you again. Where have you been hiding?

I don't know man. Honestly, I don't. I'm still trying to find myself!

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2021 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sen. Rand Paul: "Nobody really looks in the mirror for the Democrats. They’re not really very self-aware.
Kamala Harris said contribute to the Minnesota Freedom Fund to bail out some of these protesters. Well, one of the protesters that they bailed out soon as he got out, cracked someone’s skull, fractured someone’s skull, and caused a brain injury. And that was because Kamala Harris, not specifically her on that issue, but she was encouraging the bailing out of these violent protesters.
But no one’s called for her impeachment. No one’s saying that she should be held responsible for her speech. Maxine Waters, Cory Booker, they say get up in your face. They say mob them. So, it seems to be sort of a double standard that the enemy within only these Republicans apparently, and none of the things that Democrats say seem to be of concern to them.”

What a time to be alive.

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 01-31-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2021 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sen. Rand Paul: "Nobody really looks in the mirror for the Democrats. They’re not really very self-aware.

Kamala Harris said contribute to the Minnesota Freedom Fund to bail out some of these protesters. Well, one of the protesters that they bailed out soon as he got out, cracked someone’s skull, fractured someone’s skull, and caused a brain injury. And that was because Kamala Harris, not specifically her on that issue, but she was encouraging the bailing out of these violent protesters.

But no one’s called for her impeachment. No one’s saying that she should be held responsible for her speech. Maxine Waters, Cory Booker, they say get up in your face. They say mob them. So, it seems to be sort of a double standard that the enemy within only these Republicans apparently, and none of the things that Democrats say seem to be of concern to them.”

No. The problem there wasn't Kamala Harris. She didn't incite that protester to commit a violent felony assault as soon as he was let out on bail. You can't even fairly say that she enabled that crime. You'd have to look at the circumstances of how and why that protester was jailed and how his bail was set and what the judge knew or did not know about that protester's priors (if there were any) before the bail was set.

Which of these doesn't belong and why?
Kamala Harris, Maxine Waters, Cory Booker, Donald Trump.

Donald Trump "majored" in Incitement. The other three only participated in a few day-long seminars about it.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-31-2021).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2021 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

No. The problem there wasn't Kamala Harris. She didn't incite that protester to commit a violent felony assault as soon as he was let out on bail. You can't even fairly say that she enabled that crime. You'd have to look at the circumstances of how and why that protester was jailed and how his bail was set and what the judge knew or did not know about that protester's priors (if there were any) before the bail was set.

Donald Trump "majored" in Incitement. The other three only participated in a few day-long seminars about it.

OK, you are so far off in the weeds on this, even Katharine Hepburn won't help you.

The communist insurgent rioter was able to commit additional violent crimes because he was released. Kamala Sutra Harris released him. Therefore she enabled him.

Trump incited no one to violence. The violence was planned well ahead of time and began before Trump's speech.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-31-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-31-2021 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See Chlamydia Harris excitedly grinning as she says the rioters, murderers, looters shouldn't stop.

https://www.reddit.com/r/An...wont_stop_before_or/

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 01-31-2021).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2021 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Never tell someone they can't do what they've already done. It's obvious they can, as they've already done it.
That whole speil of yours tho, is a

You are putting one set of parameters to one side of an equation and not the other even tho both sides are deserving of it.

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2024 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And Kamala is out front hugging the inside of the track!!!!

------------------
Logic doesn't mean correct or right.
For example: Punching someone in the face until they no longer think the way they did before is effectively changing their mind in a statistically positive way.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock