Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Bryan Adams joins Springsteen in canceling shows over tolerance laws (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Bryan Adams joins Springsteen in canceling shows over tolerance laws by Threedog
Started on: 04-11-2016 06:38 PM
Replies: 295 (4324 views)
Last post by: RayOtton on 05-19-2017 08:50 AM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Pervs don't let a sign on the door stop them.

So no sign is better...
IP: Logged
Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always thought Bryan Adams was a bit of a fag anyway...

Not that there's anything wrong with that. So my lawyer wants me to say, anyway.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

So no sign is better...

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Now its time for me to tell you to *grow up*.
The issue isn't principally about the toilet bowl, but I think you know that so please stop being ridiculous.

The issue is properly the right of the majority to establish social morals and conscience and enact laws as they see fit to support those values.
The issue is properly the right of the majority not to be forced to bend to the whims of a deviant tiny minority.

"Social morals and conscience" and "laws to support those values" isn't what I want. I want a society with the most individual freedom, where the majority doesn't rule simply because they are the majority.

Social morals led to slavery. Social morals led to discrimination of homosexuals. Social morals led to witch burning.
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL!

Oh no, not Sponge Bob!
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

"Social morals and conscience" and "laws to support those values" isn't what I want.

The central question has always been, "Whose social morals and conscience?"
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

"Social morals and conscience" and "laws to support those values" isn't what I want. I want a society with the most individual freedom, where the majority doesn't rule simply because they are the majority.

Social morals led to slavery. Social morals led to discrimination of homosexuals. Social morals led to witch burning.

Most people have never dared to question the basic morality or logic in the assumption that the majority should have power over the minority. A majority of the people in the South once believed in black slavery. Did that make it moral? A lynch mob is majority rule stripped of its fancy trappings and its facade of respectability. In a community where homosexuals outnumber heterosexuals, should the majority have the right to outlaw sex between married partners of the opposite sex? In a community where atheists outnumber non- atheists, should the majority have the right to outlaw the practice of religion? ... a dictatorship allows only a small number of people to interfere with the rights of others, a democracy makes it possible for great numbers of people to impose their will on others -- through the force of government. Is an act of aggression more right if carried out by the majority than by a dictator? Since approximately half the eligible voters vote this means that approximately 75% of the people are ruled by 25% of the people.

Robert Winger
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Because only pervs dress up? LOL

I think the point is that if you are a perv, you will be one no matter what the law says and you will find a way to get your "fix".

I would think the definition of a "Perv" would be pretty important here. Is there a legal definition of "Perverted"?

I might consider what two people (both consenting adults) were doing in a private space to be perverted but none of my business, some folks might not agree with me. Take that perversion out into the public space and I have a whole different attitude. Apply that perversion to a child and my "attitude" becomes even more intense.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I would think the definition of a "Perv" would be pretty important here. Is there a legal definition of "Perverted"?

I might consider what two people (both consenting adults) were doing in a private space to be perverted but none of my business, some folks might not agree with me. Take that perversion out into the public space and I have a whole different attitude. Apply that perversion to a child and my "attitude" becomes even more intense.

Ask 2.5... as he started the "perv" talk.

I think the concern is mostly pervs pretending (or not) to be the other sex in order to get pervy. Who could prove otherwise?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ask 2.5... as he started the "perv" talk.

Nothing to ask. Yet you seem to like to try and use it to distract / deflect.
Blackrams explained the situation sufficiently.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nothing to ask. Yet you seem to like to try and use it to distract / deflect.
Blackrams explained the situation sufficiently.

Looks to be a question... even has a question mark (see quote below). You are the one who brought up "pervs"... seems it is you who is creating a distraction or deflection. Or maybe you just think all gays, transgenders, etc are pervs. Maybe you can include a cute sponge bob meme again?

Originally posted by blackrams:

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if it was mentioned, but Brian Adam's will take his money from Egyptian fans. They imprison people who are wired differently. Up to seventeen years.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Or maybe you just think all gays, transgenders, etc are pervs. Maybe you can include a cute sponge bob meme again?

Already answered you on that deflection, get with it.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43226 posts
Member since May 2007
Why do we have separate bathrooms? People don't understand a reason for this question anymore so I don't expect reason out of people regarding anything farther and deeper on the subject.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-13-2016).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Already answered you on that deflection, get with it.

you mean this?

I'm saying you cant tell them apart, thats what I said.

LOL... sponge bob meme was better than your answer...
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Why do we have separate bathrooms?

We don't need it that way... why not change it and just make better stalls (if people want privacy). Heck many restrooms don't have doors, only maze like entrances.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of you guys would go ballistic in Europe, Asia or much of Africa.

In many places, a toilet is a toilet (or WC if you prefer)....and anyone who has to go to the toilet uses it.

Another episode of "America's Genitalia Wars." We concentrate on so much trivial stuff in the US.....and completely ignore things we SHOULD be concentrating on.

At least, SOME of us get the message.

http://imgur.com/oR5H6Kj

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 04-13-2016).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:
At least, SOME of us get the message.

We are glad that you do. Did you get the memo ? There are sexual deviants out there.

What are you really trying to say ?
What if my daughter didn't want to have to share a restroom with you ?

In many places, a toilet is a toilet (or WC if you prefer)....and anyone who has to go to the toilet uses it.

No one has any expectation of privacy ? Why do they put walls and a door around a shitter stall ?
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder: Pervs don't let a sign on the door stop them.

You're probably right. And IMO, putting a sign on the door is probably about as effective as a "gun free zone" sign for stopping shootings.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

You're probably right. And IMO, putting a sign on the door is probably about as effective as a "gun free zone" sign for stopping shootings.

gtjoe

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtjoeSend a Private Message to gtjoeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And... what is stopping pervs from dressing up and going into a womens (or mens) restroom? Are you saying that transgender people are pervs?

Nothing. Laws in general dont necessarily prevent things from happening, they set societal guidelines for acceptable behavior and define the consequences for those who do not follow them.

PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtjoe:

Nothing. Laws in general dont necessarily prevent things from happening, they set societal guidelines for acceptable behavior and define the consequences for those who do not follow them.

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Another episode of "America's Genitalia Wars." We concentrate on so much trivial stuff in the US.....and completely ignore things we SHOULD be concentrating on.

Yup.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, even at my age, my genitalia is still pretty darned important to me, and as many women as I've had fight over it, I can say I don't consider my own to be trivial at all..
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now Ringo Starr cancelled a concert
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Meanwhile.....

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No need to, there is a sign on the door.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Meanwhile.....

Reductio ad absurdum
and
"Straw man"

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-14-2016).]

Threedog

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

What if my daughter didn't want to have to share a restroom with you ?

What if I, as a transgender woman, didn't want to share the bathroom with you? Whose rights are more important?

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Threedog:
What if I, as a transgender woman, didn't want to share the bathroom with you? Whose rights are more important?

Each has an equal right to privacy. Your desire to play "make believe" does not override anyones rights.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Each has an equal right to privacy. Your desire to play "make believe" does not override anyones rights.

Neither does it override common sense.

Should another type of deviant, such as perhaps one that wishes to make believe they are a dog or other animal, have the "lawful right" to take a dump in public on the grass in the park?

Should anyone be free to engage in any kind of sex act in public anywhere and anytime they wish?

The right of the vast majority to set laws and codes of conduct in society should not be usurped by a tiny, (0.2 % ), of deviants, (so-called transgender), in the population, or any other deviant minority.

You are free to *make believe* to be whatever you wish. You do not have a right to force the majority to accept your delusion or cooperate with it.

The leftist mandate to avoid ANY kind of discrimination in ANY form has led to its natural end:
Completely *indiscriminate thinking* and an abandonment of reason and common sense.

This is what causes leftist liberals to invariably and inevitably side with evil over good, wrong over right, the lesser over the better, the ugly over the beautiful, the profane over the profound, and the behaviors that lead to failure over those that lead to success.

PFF
System Bot
Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Playing "make believe" is very inaccurate. Just because someone is different doesn't mean they are deviants. People don't just "want" to be the opposite sex. You have to really believe, and really feel unhappy with your current gender to want to go through with a sex change.

Benefits of changing sex > Negatives of changing sex

Negatives:
Harassment
High financial cost
Constant maintenance
Dependency on medication
Possible family issues
Permanent sterilization

So, the benefits have to be more than all of those things. Think to yourself, what would make you endure all of those things and have it still be worth it? It isnt just a thought "Lol I want to be a girl, it would be fun!", it is a nagging feeling that is dealt with day in and day out. Every day you regularly think about how you just do not feel right, how something is wrong. It makes you unhappy, so much so that it causes incredibly high depression rates. This nagging feeling is so bad that it leads transgendered people to kill themselves more than any other demographic.

You don't have to be part of the LGBT community, but to say they are just "messed up in the head" is woefully ignorant.

[This message has been edited by Threedog (edited 04-14-2016).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really, really want to be a "famous race car driver". I would be willing to make great sacrifices and endure many hardships to be a "famous race car driver". I would even be willing to wear Nomex and change my name to Barney Oldfield.

I could wear tights and jump up and down on a mat (carry that image with you for the rest of the day!), but they are never going to let me join the women's gymnastics team.

But, I was born big, slow and clumsy so i decided to just grow a beard and buy a motorcycle. I play the hand I was dealt, like a man.

Personally, I celebrate the real differences between men and women. It is one of the things that makes life worth living. It is the only thing that has insured the continued survival of the human species.

Edit to add: There is no such thing as a "sex change". As I have said before, you can put GTO badges on a tempest, but it will never be a GTO. There are plenty of good looking Cobra replicas out there but put one on the auction block at Barrett-Jackson and see how much you get.

Edit #2: The practice of separating restrooms is to protect women and children. That is what men do.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 04-14-2016).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Playing "make believe" is very inaccurate. Just because someone is different doesn't mean they are deviants.

NO

Playing make believe is incredibly accurate.
No matter how you dress or act, or even how much you attempt to surgically or pharmaceutically alter your body, you simply CANNOT alter the DNA you were born with.

Additionally, "they" are most certainly *deviants*

When 0.2% vs. 99.8%, that tiny 0.2% DEVIATES from the norm. That means the members of that population group are indeed *deviants*.
While your liberal bias to never ever, ever discriminate in ANY WAY obviously chafes at the term *deviant*, that distinction is a FACT.

What you want is to FORCE everyone to agree with and support a tiny deviant percent's make believe delusion.

I say that the majority has a right NOT to be forced to cooperate in their make believe.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13924 posts
Member since Mar 2006
PLAYING MAKE BELIEVE

Playing "make believe" is very inaccurate. Just because someone is different doesn't mean they are deviants. People don't just "want" to be the opposite sex race. You have to really believe, and really feel unhappy with your current gender color to want to go through with a sex race change.

Nope
Still not black.

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL! I remember that ^ ^ ^ one.

IDIOTS
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... causes incredibly high depression rates. This nagging feeling is so bad that it leads transgendered people to kill themselves more than any other demographic.

Says who ? Have you seen the suicidal rate of war veterans ? Depression ? Do you want some cheese, to go with that whine ? Now I am responsible for your depression?

Tell you what. I have got a trophy I will give you.
Fact is, when I have to go to the restroom, I ain't scared to. I have to go.

Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All this talk about how trans people have to "toughen up", when it you guys who have hurt feelings about this so badly you have make a law banning people from your bathrooms.

Sorry dudes, you can't tell people to "toughen up" when ya'll are too big of wusses to see someone a little bit different(that you can't even tell) walk into the stall next to you.

Learn to deal with your own insecurities, instead of making people change to suit your personal preferences.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... you can't tell people to "toughen up" when ya'll are too big of wusses to see someone a little bit different(that you can't even tell) walk into the stall next to you.

We ain't afraid. Y'all are the ones committing suicide.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

We ain't afraid. Y'all are the ones committing suicide.

Now you've done it. You're going to make her cry.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock