Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Afghanistan: U.S. attacks ISIS tunnel complex with 'Mother Of All Bombs' (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Afghanistan: U.S. attacks ISIS tunnel complex with 'Mother Of All Bombs' by rinselberg
Started on: 04-13-2017 01:29 PM
Replies: 70 (1006 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 04-18-2017 02:24 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe this is the first time that the GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast Bomb has ever been used in combat. Known informally as "MOAB", it weights 21,600 pounds. It's a GPS-guided gravity bomb that uses a parachute to deploy from the rear cargo opening of a carrier aircraft. This one was dropped from an MC-130. The target area was close to or right on the Afghan-Pakistan border, almost due east of and not all that far from the Afghan capital city of Kabul.

I wasn't sure whether I should go with "Politics", "Fun Stuff", or maybe "Religion", so I just went with "General".

CNN has a brief report with text and video.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/...moab-bomb/index.html

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-13-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Developed as a bunker buster, the apparent intention was to use against the caves they hide in. Hopefully it collapsed the whole system but, doubtful. Hopefully, some of the leadership was killed/trapped under a mountain of rock. Sure hope innocent goats weren't included in the killed, maimed or injured.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but …
after a shooting, the problem is the gun....

Open your frigg'n minds, think about all the other tools that can be made into WMDs.

If you wish to upset a Conservative, lie to him.
If you wish to upset a Liberal, tell him the truth.

williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I wasn't sure whether I should go with "Politics", "Fun Stuff", or maybe "Religion", so I just went with "General".

You know politics would have been the wise choice. Nonetheless, here is a song:

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Afghanistan? ISIS? Whatever happened to the Taliban?

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 04-13-2017).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
Sure hope innocent goats weren't included in the killed, maimed or injured.

This innocent goat appreciates the sentiment, but I doubt that any goats within the reach of ISIS are still innocent.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

Wait... I thought the Reds were the enemies.. the Commies. The "Yellows", the "Pinkos", the Nazis...the Guys with the different faces and different religions and...the Decepticons?

Maybe this MOAB will just make all the bad guys all go away (with magic)... but honestly, in this day and age, the REAL question should be, can by them doing this, they be making my recharge my phone faster (or something?) can I get some kind of trophy for this?

Big Bomb fills the room, (bounce bounce) <--- what MOST of America gives a crap ABOUT...

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 04-13-2017).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Big Bomb fills the room, (bounce bounce) <--- what MOST of America gives a crap ABOUT...

After watching that video, I could almost believe ISIS is right about us.
(that can't be real, can it?)
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Big Bomb fills the room, (bounce bounce)

"PC music"... PC = personal computer?
Doesn't do much for me, although it's a lot better than a lot of hip hop modern music that I've heard. (Yeah... I could see pop music going here. Sadly.)
Although the lip syncing on this one was done very poorly. You can still hear the lyrics (I can't call it "singing") with the mic at her side.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"The United States takes the fight against ISIS very seriously and in order to defeat the group we must deny them operational space, which we did,"

-

Good.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I actually wondered how this thing worked. At first I thought it was a fuel-air bomb (much like igniting gasoline vapor, only on a grand scale) but it's not.

It's basically TNT and aluminum powder. 18,000 lbs of it. That'll do it.
http://science.howstuffworks.com/moab3.htm

Even if it didn't collapse all of the tunnel system, I'm thinking it collapsed most of the entrances. Probably to the point that anyone inside is going to stay there. Works for me.

I'll bet anybody within miles who didn't die, is having a really bad day. Headache. Ringing ears...

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
America! *#ck YEAH!
PFF
System Bot
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At one square mile of destruction, how many more dollars do we need in order to level the entire country?

I'd be willing to absorb my share of the taxes on this one.

Brad

Edit. Googled it.

252,072 mi² Dang. This is gonna be expensive.

We're going to need more lefties to get jobs to help pay for this. Perhaps a few gofundmes.

Brad

[This message has been edited by Fats (edited 04-13-2017).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

At one square mile of destruction, how many more dollars do we need in order to level the entire country?

I'd be willing to absorb my share of the taxes on this one.

Brad

Edit. Googled it.

252,072 mi² Dang. This is gonna be expensive.

We're going to need more lefties to get jobs to help pay for this. Perhaps a few gofundmes.

Brad

But then of course we'd rebuild it too.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Speak softly and carry a big stick.

A big stick does no good unless someone can see it. Syria saw it, the Taliban saw it, as did the Iranians, the north Koreans, and others.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brits had their own MOAB a couple of generations ago.

The Grand Slam was a 22,000 lb earthquake bomb used by RAF Bomber Command against strategic targets during the Second World War.

They poured hot melted Torpex into a hardened casing which took a month to cool. The bombs were so expensive that crews were instructed not to jettison them if they weren't dropped during a raid.

How'd ya like to melt Torpex for a living?

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-13-2017 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It did go boom.?
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

The Grand Slam was a 22,000 lb earthquake bomb

The bombs were so expensive that crews were instructed not to jettison them if they weren't dropped during a raid.

How'd ya like to melt Torpex for a living?

How'd you like to try to land a WW2 era bomber with one of those things still aboard?

1985FieroGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 296
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now, to drop a few more on Afghanistan, and a few thousand on N. Korea (N. Korea supposedly has thousands of bunkers).
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wonder why they did such a nice, pretty paint job on it to just blow up...?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

"The Taliban (Pashto: طالبان‎ ṭālibān "students"), alternatively spelled Taleban, which recently changed their name and identity to Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (IEA),[30] is a Sunni Islamic fundamentalist political movement in Afghanistan currently waging war (an insurgency, or jihad) within that country.[31][32] ...From 1996 to 2001, the Taliban held power in Afghanistan and enforced a strict interpretation of Sharia, or Islamic law.
...The Taliban have been condemned internationally for the harsh enforcement of their interpretation of Islamic Sharia law, which has resulted in the brutal treatment of many Afghans, especially women.
.. It is said that the Taliban did not include scholars learned in Islamic law and history. The refugee students, brought up in a totally male society, not only had no education in mathematics, science, history or geography, but also had no traditional skills of farming, herding, or handicraft-making, nor even knowledge of their tribal and clan lineages.[234] In such an environment, war meant employment, peace meant unemployment. Dominating women simply affirmed manhood. For their leadership, rigid fundamentalism was a matter not only of principle, but also of political survival. Taliban leaders "repeatedly told" Rashid that "if they gave women greater freedom or a chance to go to school, they would lose the support of their rank and file."
-wiki

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-13-2017).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:
Wonder why they did such a nice, pretty paint job on it to just blow up...?

Oh, that's a "no-brainer." It doesn't just go "boom", it also becomes today's "newest shiny object" for the mainstream media types to report with wall-to-wall "news" coverage. They wouldn't want to have a "newest matte finish object" or a "newest primer without a finish coat object", would they? The current idiom (which they must have anticipated years ago when they made these bombs) is "newest shiny object". So they had to paint it. And these bombs have been in storage for many years, so they probably need a good, corrosion-resistant outer casing.

According to one of the Talking Heads or "TH" on the MSNBC cable TV channel, there are only 13 more of these bombs in the inventory.

TH also said that the target was a tunnel complex near the Af-Pak border with above-ground structures that they also wanted to destroy or damage. This was being used by "ISIL-K", which is a branch or subgroup that is allied with ISIL (ISIS), but has a lineage going back to AQ (Al-Qaeda). The "K" signifies "Khorasan". I will leave it to my readers (if there are any ) to consider what that's about.

The main effect of the bomb (~TH) is from the mechanical shock wave and "over pressure" that is created.

This is the second largest bomb in the U.S. inventory, aside from "nukes".

This is not the Massive Ordnance Penetrator or "bunker buster" that is designed to penetrate through layers of concrete or other reinforcements before exploding. That bomb is even heavier.

This was partly a tactical mission, and partly a test to help them evaluate whether or how they might use more of these bombs--the 13 or so that are in the in inventory (TH).

Since these super-sized gravity bombs have to be dropped over the target area from the rear of a low-flying cargo plane, they cannot be used against targets that are protected by any serious kind of air defense. If there is air defense, it would have to be degraded before dropping this kind of bomb on a target (TH).

PFF
System Bot
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmm, I think I'll send in a few seals to see how that works. OK, not so good I think I'll send
59 cruise missiles at some empty hangers. Not sure they got the message, Here's a Mother of all bombs. This is fun, I'm gonna try out some more. I forget which one is the sarcasm emoticon?

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh, that's a no-brainer. It doesn't just go "boom", it also becomes today's "newest shiny object" for the mainstream media types to report with wall-to-wall "news" coverage. They wouldn't want to have a "newest matte finish object" or a "newest primer without a finish coat object", would they? So they had to paint it. And these bombs have been in storage for many years, so they probably need a good, corrosion resistant outer casing.

rinselberg, can you spell "lobbyist" ? Can you spell "Congressman" ?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-13-2017 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

Hmm, I think I'll send in a few seals to see how that works. OK, not so good I think I'll send
59 cruise missiles at some empty hangers. Not sure they got the message, Here's a Mother of all bombs. This is fun, I'm gonna try out some more. I forget which one is the sarcasm emoticon?

Hey, the man's on a roll. Besides, it's a hell of a compliment to have a US President listen to my ideas. I suggested the MOAB over a year ago.

At least we know he reads PFF
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-13-2017 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Why are libs so opposed to winning ?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CBS News update

The bomb was forward deployed to Afghanistan during the Obama era. The mission was "some years" in the making.

I guess it took that long before they saw the kind of target that they wanted to use it against.

More from RT(.com)

The 21,000-pound (9,525 kg) bomb was dropped in the Achin district of the Nangarhar province in eastern Afghanistan.

The Pentagon has confirmed the use of MOAB, and is currently assessing [the impacts on the target area]. General John Nicholson, commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan, signed off on its use... Nicholson gave a "heads up" on it to General Joseph Votel, the commander of the U.S. Central Command or CENTCOM.

The Air Force developed the MOAB in 2003, but it had never been used in combat until 7pm local time on Thursday. The Pentagon produced 15 MOABs at a cost of $16 million per unit, according to the military information website "Deagel".

<SNIP>

The MOAB was designed to target large below-ground areas. It would have “felt like a nuclear weapon to anyone near the area," Lieutenant Colonel Rick Francona (ret.) told CNN.

<SNIP>

https://www.rt.com/usa/3846...ghanistan-bomb-drop/

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2017 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

wonder why they did such a nice, pretty paint job on it to just blow up...?

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-14-2017 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya know guys, I could be wrong, but Im not feeling a lot of sympathy for the taliwackers from this group. Libs must be off protesting unfair crayon prices or something.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2017 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Hello MOAB"

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-14-2017).]

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2017 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Pentagon produced 15 MOABs at a cost of $16 million per unit, according to the military information website "Deagel".

Yeah, no.

http://dailycaller.com/2017...bs-is-totally-wrong/

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2017 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Good to know."

I haven't staked myself to any particular idea or opinion about the unit cost of the MOABs or the overall cost of the program that produced them. I posted some of what was published in RT, but by explicitly providing my link to RT, I also embraced Transparency. If the monetization of MOAB functionality is important to any of us, then the discussion can now take into account Mr Otton's observation that the statements in RT about the budgetary outlays that were required to make MOAB a current reality are suspect, and must be evaluated in light of the contradictory reporting on this point from the Daily Caller.

Incidentally, I was not unaware that various spokespersons for the FBI, CIA and DNI have described RT as an agenda-driven media outlet that curates an international space for news reportage that caters to the interests of the Russian Federation--interests that are currently defined under the authority of Vladimir Putin.

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2017 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I guess it took that long before they saw the kind of target that they wanted to use it against.

Not a good guess. It took that long for the United States of America to have a Commander in Chief with the balls to WIN.

It would have “felt like a nuclear weapon to anyone near the area," Lieutenant Colonel Rick Francona (ret.) told CNN.

, too funny. Who has felt the effects of a nuclear weapon and MOAB ?

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2017 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Why are libs so opposed to winning ?

...Because they cant. They cant have anything appear better than they are.

Dratts, they were not empty hangers. Have you seen any pics or videos ? There USED to be planes in them, you can see whats left of them. They also wrecked maintenance facilities and fuel storage. That was the intent. Mission accomplished. At least 14 of Syrias 40 SU-22 ground attack fighter/bombers were destroyed. Other 6 were unidentifiable from being blown to pieces. Its also known than a lot of their inventory of planes are not serviceable, and they dont have enough pilots trained to fly 1/2 of them.

Doesnt do you much good to have 40 planes if 18 are broke down and you only have 10 pilots to fly them (my figures based on nothing)

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 04-14-2017).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2017 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
Not a good guess. It took that long for the United States of America to have a Commander in Chief with the balls to WIN.

"B-2 bombers kill nearly 100 ISIS terrorists in Libya" reported by Fox News; January 19, 2017.
http://www.foxnews.com/worl...e-isis-in-libya.html

--> Just before President Trump's first day in office.

Even that wasn't the last major air strike against Islamic militants under the Obama administration. That was followed by another airstrike against Islamic militants in Syria that was also reported as something "special". I remember reading about it. I would have to go searching to try to find it again.

According to reports that I just saw, yesterday's MOAB strike in Afghanistan killed about 36 from the "ISIL-K" or "ISIS-K" group that was targeted.

There are now U.S. personnel on the ground in the target area, as part of the MOAB bomb damage assessment team. ~ MSNBC.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2017 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Killing 100 fighters is good.
Killing 36 fighters is good.

It's even better if the 36 are planners, hackers, P/R, leaders, organizers or other upper echelon types.

Just speculation on my part.....
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2017 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beats the heck out of the old way.......sending a guy down a rathole to flush them out, armed with just a flashlight, sidearm and a fighting knife........
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2017 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Good to know."

I haven't staked myself to any particular idea or opinion about the unit cost of the MOABs or the overall cost of the program that produced them. I posted some of what was published in RT, but by explicitly providing my link to RT, I also embraced Transparency. If the monetization of MOAB functionality is important to any of us, then the discussion can now take into account Mr Otton's observation that the statements in RT about the budgetary outlays that were required to make MOAB a current reality are suspect, and must be evaluated in light of the contradictory reporting on this point from the Daily Caller.

Incidentally, I was not unaware that various spokespersons for the FBI, CIA and DNI have described RT as an agenda-driven media outlet that curates an international space for news reportage that caters to the interests of the Russian Federation--interests that are currently defined under the authority of Vladimir Putin.

Errrrrr, you should have stopped with "good to know". The rest is verbal origami.

Oh and BTW.............My name is Raymond Otton. Now you can call me Ray, or you can call me RO, or you can call me RayRay, or you can call me Ray O, or you can call me Rotten Otton but you doesn't hasta call me Mr. Otton.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2017 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have to admit on further appraisal that this was a good use of the weapon. Those hangers did look empty to me and there was a warning before the attack so I'm not sure. Remember the time we sent a bunch of cruise missiles into (Somalia)? at some tents in the desert? Sometimes we spend a $million to take out a $500 target. Brilliant!
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2017 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have to admit on further appraisal that this was a good use of the weapon. Those hangers did look empty to me and there was a warning before the attack so I'm not sure. Remember the time we sent a bunch of cruise missiles into (Somalia)? at some tents in the desert? Sometimes we spend a $million to take out a $500 target. Brilliant!

Civilians and the media often tend to express a target's 'value' in $$$$. Field commanders have to express it in lives risked and lost.
Lots easier to write a request for expensive weapons replacement than to write that next of kin letter.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-14-2017 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thats the liberal input at work. They want to reform those who would kill us so they can all hug, swap spit, and sing kum-bye-****ing-ya.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock