Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  New School Shooting at 230 Today (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New School Shooting at 230 Today by rogergarrison
Started on: 02-14-2018 04:26 PM
Replies: 214 (3678 views)
Last post by: Tony Kania on 04-05-2018 12:33 PM
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2018 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Apparently now the President is going to try to ban bump-fire stocks via executive order. IMO, this is bullshit.

http://www.thetruthaboutgun...der-ban-bump-stocks/

As far as I know, none of the mass shootings involved bump-fire stocks. The Vegas shooting may have, but there's no definitive proof yet. So why ban bump-fire stocks? That makes no sense.
IP: Logged
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2018 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Apparently now the President is going to try to ban bump-fire stocks via executive order. IMO, this is bullshit.

As far as I know, none of the mass shootings involved bump-fire stocks. The Vegas shooting may have, but there's no definitive proof yet. So why ban bump-fire stocks? That makes no sense.

I am against a ban as well.
But my guess is that he honestly has a gut feeling that the ban is needed, or he is attempting to extend an olive branch to the dems.
It is also my opinion that he should NEVER give in to or compromise with them. They have proven that they can not be trusted and we need to keep in mind that the swamp has not been drained. The scum is still bubbling up and stinking. Don't take a bath in political waters, FLUSH IT.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 02-28-2018).]

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 210
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2018 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

You don't need a "bump stock" in order to bump fire a semiautomatic rifle.

We were doing it long before anyone ever started selling the stupid things.

"Bump Stocks" make a semiautomatic rifle completely impossible to aim. You can barely hit the broad side of barn using one, while standing INSIDE the barn!

I bought one of them to try for fun, used it twice and realized that it's just a very fast way to pointlessly waste a lot of money in ammo.

The ban on the sale of them is moronic. You can easily make your own that will work on pistols or rifles with some scrap wood and a small piece of pipe:

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-28-2018).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In the aftermath of this shooting, the media, progressives and students have been quick with their vociferous debasing of the NRA.

Interesting, that after Sandy Hook, the NRA came out with a program called 'School Shield', which if the Parkland School had taken advantage of, would most likely prevented the shooting at the school from occurring.

If any members of this forum are asked by their communities to contribute ideas to protect students in their area, this program should be suggested to the school system.

https://www.nationalschoolshield.org

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 03-01-2018).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

February 27, 2018
"The anti-gun left has stepped up their attacks on not just the National Rifle Association, but anyone that seems to have anything to do with them. They’ve already pressured several of the NRA’s corporate partners to back out of their agreements with the nation’s oldest civil rights organization.

It stands to reason the NRA would offer up a response. :

FAIRFAX, VA – The more than five million law-abiding members of the National Rifle Association have enjoyed discounts and cost-saving programs from many American corporations that have partnered with the NRA to expand member benefits.

Since the tragedy in Parkland, Florida, a number of companies have decided to sever their relationshipwith the NRA, in an effort to punish our members who are doctors, farmers, law enforcement officers, fire fighters, nurses, shop owners and school teachers that live in every American community. We are men and women who represent every American ethnic group, every one of the world’s religions and every form of political commitment.

The law-abiding members of the NRA had nothing at all to do with the failure of that school’s security preparedness, the failure of America’s mental health system, the failure of the National Instant Check System or the cruel failures of both federal and local law enforcement.

Despite that, some corporations have decided to punish NRA membership in a shameful display of political and civic cowardice. In time, these brands will be replaced by others who recognize that patriotism and determined commitment to Constitutional freedoms are characteristics of a marketplace they very much want to serve.

Let it be absolutely clear. The loss of a discount will neither scare nor distract one single NRA member from our mission to stand and defend the individual freedoms that have always made America the greatest nation in the world

Established in 1871, the National Rifle Association is America’s oldest civil rights and sportsmen’s group. More than five million members strong, NRA continues to uphold the Second Amendment and advocates enforcement of existing laws against violent offenders to reduce crime. The Association remains the nation’s leader in firearm education and training for law-abiding gun owners, law enforcement and the armed services. Be sure to follow the NRA on Facebook at NRA on Facebook and Twitter @NRA.

It’s about as measured a response as you could ask from the organization, especially since it has been vilified as the ultimate boogeyman, the entity most responsible for these mass shootings.

It’s also optimistic for the future, and with good reason. It’s unlikely they’re wrong, and that other companies won’t step up to fill that void. They will, and the NRA will continue to thrive.

Despite the constant anti-NRA barrage by the left, I suspect we’ll see the organization’s numbers grow over the next year. Why? Because a lot of people are sick of the scapegoating. The NRA isn’t responsible for what happened in Parkland, Florida.

Further, while there is plenty of blame to go around for the failures leading up to the shooting, none of those fall on the NRA."

https://bearingarms.com/tom...porate-partnerships/

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive already stopped doing business with any company breaking benefit ties to the NRA. I support NRA and gun owners...however I also support no one having or using a gun without supervision under 21. I would make that a mandatory jail term when caught. I also dont see any need for anything over a 10 rnd magazine or a bumpstop. Yes you can shoot almost full auto without it, but bumpstop does make it easy. Id even be happy if they made it more time consuming to change a magazine. Right now its a 5-10 second job. If it took say 30 seconds or more to swap, it would give someone a chance to disarm a shooter...unless of course he has multiple guns. Maybe something like 3 thumbscrews on a magazine to remove it, and have to rescrew them to another. Just trying to think of ways to help stop these shooters, so dont jump on me for trying to inhibit shooters, legal or not.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Ive already stopped doing business with any company breaking benefit ties to the NRA. I support NRA and gun owners...however I also support no one having or using a gun without supervision under 21. I would make that a mandatory jail term when caught. I also dont see any need for anything over a 10 rnd magazine or a bumpstop. Yes you can shoot almost full auto without it, but bumpstop does make it easy. Id even be happy if they made it more time consuming to change a magazine. Right now its a 5-10 second job. If it took say 30 seconds or more to swap, it would give someone a chance to disarm a shooter...unless of course he has multiple guns. Maybe something like 3 thumbscrews on a magazine to remove it, and have to rescrew them to another. Just trying to think of ways to help stop these shooters, so dont jump on me for trying to inhibit shooters, legal or not.

I see you have also fallen into the bullsh*t trap of the gun grabbers.

Do you have ANY idea of how many of all the mass shootings in this country have been done with semiautomatic rifles?

(hand guns outnumber semiautomatic rifles in EVERY mass shooting since 1982 by almost 3:1)

California already HAS both a magazine size limit law AND a "bullet button" law that makes it more difficult to change magazines.

Did that stop the mass shooters in San Bernadino? Isla Vista? Santa Monica? Oakland? Seal Beach? Goleta? NO

Chicago has some of the strictest anti-gun laws in the United States. They had over 2,785 shootings last year, That's equivalent to 163 Parkland, Florida tragedies.

Try to "inhibit" and talk about who "needs" what and restricting law abiding, honest people all you like but that doesn't change the facts.

Criminals and psychopaths don't give a crap about the law and these "feel good" nonsense laws have never stopped tragedies from happening.

You're focused on the WRONG problems Roger.

Nobody can legislate "utopia".

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-02-2018).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ive already stopped doing business with any company breaking benefit ties to the NRA. I support NRA and gun owners...however I also support no one having or using a gun without supervision under 21.

SNIP

Just trying to think of ways to help stop these shooters, so dont jump on me for trying to inhibit shooters, legal or not.

Hmmm, so the 2nd Amendment doesn't apply to someone old enough to serve his/her country? Interesting.................

------------------
Rams

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but …
after a shooting, the problem is the gun....
Open your frigg'n minds, think about all the other tools that can be made into WMDs.

My wife told me to grow up. I told her to get out of my fort!

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Roger, you are entitled to your opinion.

If I'm in a situation where SHTF, I want to be able to change mags and have as many rounds as possible before I have to swap mags.

Laws only inhibit the law abiding citizens. Criminals are unaffected.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Hmmm, so the 2nd Amendment doesn't apply to someone old enough to serve his/her country? Interesting.................

We used to refer stuff like this new 21 minimum age limit that roger and the leftist gun grabbers are promoting now as: "The incremental weenie".

"Trust me Betsy. I'm only going to stick it in just a little bit."

No rational person believes that agreeing to a 21 age minimum would stop there.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-01-2018).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

You took the thoughts right out of my mind.
I remember when someone could die for our country but not be able to buy a beer.
PFF
System Bot
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

You took the thoughts right out of my mind.
I remember when someone could die for our country but not be able to buy a beer.

Isn't that the way it is now?
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Only true in some states but, not true on federal property. I assure you, I discovered on a Navy base that I was not aware of my own personal limits..........
------------------
Rams

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but …
Open your frigg'n minds, think about all the other tools that can be made into WMDs.

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 03-02-2018).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This entire move to make the minimum age 21 years for purchase or possession of firearms is amazing hypocrisy.

Lowering the minimum age of voters to 18 was a big provision in ALL of the 69 resolutions proposed in Congress by the Democrats leading up to the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and the eventual passage of the 26th Amendment to the Constitution in 1971.

The Democrats saw the addition of millions of leftist, anti-war youth voters as their hedge against expanding the legal rights of blacks who they didn't yet have re-enslaved on the Democrat "entitlement plantation".

The left now wants everyone to simultaneously believe that 18 year olds have the maturity, knowledge and wisdom to VOTE intelligently, but they DON'T have the same capabilities in order to purchase and possess firearms.

The left has now also managed to get these "mature, knowledgeable and wise" kids to actually protest AGAINST THEMSELVES.

The left will shamelessly USE anybody in order to further their agenda.

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2018 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it's absolutely mind-boggling how everything except the actual cause of the Parkland shooting is being blamed for it. The leftists aren't even attempting to disguise the fact that they're just looking for excuses to push gun control. The crazy part is that many people seem to be blithely going along with it, anyway. I feel like I'm living in a bizarro universe, where nothing makes any sense.

bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2018 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It continues, another shooting at a michigan college, 2 dead suspect at large, a 19 y/o black male wearing yellow pants and a blue hoodie. But as the 2 killed were not students there will be nothing to see here.

dan
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2018 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonaduce: But as the 2 killed were not students there will be nothing to see here.

I'm willing to bet the mainstream media will use it as another opportunity to say "see, we told you America needs more gun control laws!"
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2018 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://tinyurl.com/y7c66sdf

Just look at the tragic faces of these poor traumatized kids being flown around the country to their next propaganda event.

The cast of leftists who are behind the scenes in this gun grabbing charade includes:

Democratic US Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz

Mark Kelly — Gabrielle Giffords’ husband and one of the founders of the Giffords foundation

The American Federation of Teachers, helped bus students and parents to Tallahassee multiple times last week, now assisting with the March for Our Lives rally.

Everytown

Move On

Planned Parenthood

Women’s March LA

42West (a public relations firm in the entertainment industry)

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2018 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im making suggestions...read my last line. I already KNOW criminals dont pay attention to laws...Ive said it myself 100 times. Being in the military has nothing at all to do with being in high school. So make it a mandatory jailable offense to own or shoot any gun without supervision to anyone under 21 that does not have military training...ROTC dont count. Maybe change the minimum age to enlist to 21. A kid on active duty at 18 could buy or shoot a gun by showing his military ID. Or simply forget about doing anything about guns and just commit ANYONE under 25 who has any fight, physical violence OR threatens it to spend 10 years in an institution. You dont need a law, just make it so. Just say 'im gonna beat up Bob after school ', and its off you go. Everyone wants to stop killings in schools but no one Ive seen here has offered a single suggestion to stop or slow it. Im an NRA member and support being able to own weapons for the most part. I just have some suggestions to tweek things a bit against irresponsible 19 year olds thinking its OK to bring anything, including a knife into a school. If you cant control the guns and as everyone, including me says, you CAN NOT stop the guns, you HAVE to control the freaks. No one anywhere seems to want to do anything about the kid who wants to kill people. The worse anyone does, and to be politically correct, is to say the kid had a rough childhood and give a pass. If the kid makes a threat, and it can be proven, lock him up for 10 years period. I dont care if hes 12 or 19. Make consequences. Right now school age kids think they are untouchable and invincible, and for the most part they are. How about letting anyone over 12 carry a gun and settle anything they want by shooting someone...worry about prosecuting them later. How about putting an active duty, day off, military guard at every school door or in the back of every classroom. Its free because theyre already employed and paid by the military. You go to your base 4 days, a school 1, and off for 2...unless deployed somewhere.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2018 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Im making suggestions...read my last line. I already KNOW criminals dont pay attention to laws...Ive said it myself 100 times. Being in the military has nothing at all to do with being in high school. So make it a mandatory jailable offense to own or shoot any gun without supervision to anyone under 21 that does not have military training...ROTC dont count. Maybe change the minimum age to enlist to 21. A kid on active duty at 18 could buy or shoot a gun by showing his military ID. Or simply forget about doing anything about guns and just commit ANYONE under 25 who has any fight, physical violence OR threatens it to spend 10 years in an institution. You dont need a law, just make it so. Just say 'im gonna beat up Bob after school ', and its off you go. Everyone wants to stop killings in schools but no one Ive seen here has offered a single suggestion to stop or slow it. Im an NRA member and support being able to own weapons for the most part. I just have some suggestions to tweek things a bit against irresponsible 19 year olds thinking its OK to bring anything, including a knife into a school. If you cant control the guns and as everyone, including me says, you CAN NOT stop the guns, you HAVE to control the freaks. No one anywhere seems to want to do anything about the kid who wants to kill people. The worse anyone does, and to be politically correct, is to say the kid had a rough childhood and give a pass. If the kid makes a threat, and it can be proven, lock him up for 10 years period. I dont care if hes 12 or 19. Make consequences. Right now school age kids think they are untouchable and invincible, and for the most part they are. How about letting anyone over 12 carry a gun and settle anything they want by shooting someone...worry about prosecuting them later. How about putting an active duty, day off, military guard at every school door or in the back of every classroom. Its free because theyre already employed and paid by the military. You go to your base 4 days, a school 1, and off for 2...unless deployed somewhere.

ok..................

I'm going out a pretty sturdy limb here and guess that you're not real familiar with the Constitution, in particular the 14th Amendment, and the Posse Comitatus Act.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2018 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonaduce:

It continues, another shooting at a michigan college, 2 dead suspect at large, a 19 y/o black male wearing yellow pants and a blue hoodie. But as the 2 killed were not students there will be nothing to see here.

dan

It's being reported it was a young male wearing mustard yellow jeans and a blue hoodie that killed his parents in the dormatory. At large, the last I heard.

http://www.chicagotribune.c...80302-story,amp.html

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 03-02-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2018 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

It's being reported it was a young male wearing mustard yellow jeans and a blue hoodie that killed his parents in the dormatory. At large, the last I heard.

I know it's a serious tragedy, but the descriptions are sounding a lot like playing a familiar old game.

"It was Colonel Mustard, in the Conservatory, with a gun."

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2018 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of the most discouraging situations in life is being required to attend high school while not being accepted as a member-in-standing of this group or that 'clique'.
I wonder how many of these brain-washed NRA hating, anti-gun, socialist-democrat students rejected Nicholas Cruz. How many of them ridiculed him? How many of them drew him into their group? Did they do anything to give him a feeling of acceptance?

I wonder why he wanted to kill as many of them as he possibly could.

Suppose anyone will ask his fellow classmates that question?

[This message has been edited by texasfiero (edited 03-02-2018).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2018 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:

One of the most discouraging situations in life is being required to attend high school while not being accepted as a member-in-standing of this group or that 'clique'.
I wonder how many of these brain-washed NRA hating, anti-gun, socialist-democrat students rejected Nicholas Cruz. How many of them ridiculed him? How many of them drew him into their group? Did they do anything to give him a feeling of acceptance?

I wonder why he wanted to kill as many of them as he possibly could.

Suppose anyone will ask his fellow classmates that question?

I would love to see the following line of questioning to those same kids:

Q: By a show of hands, how many of you believe that 18 year olds should be allowed to buy guns?

Q: By a show of hands, how many of you believe that 18 year olds should be allowed to vote?

Q: By a show of hands, how many of you believe that 16 year olds should be allowed to drive?

Q: Why do you believe that you're mature enough to vote and drive an automobile but not mature enough to buy a gun?

It probably wouldn't change any minds right away, but it just might put a little glitch into their programmed heads that could make them actually start thinking for themselves someday.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2018 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Murder is a horrible crime regardless of the tool used.

How many murders were committed by people under the age of 21 using a semi-automatic rifle?

How many vehicle crashes occurred, people were killed and the driver was under the age of 21?
How many of those crashes involved the use of a cell phone?

Obviously, we should not allow those under 21 to drive or have cell phones.....................
This logic is just as sound as that offered previously by some.

Looking at the big picture helps. If you can't see the forest for all the trees, the answer is not to cut down the trees.
------------------
Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 03-02-2018).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2018 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I happened to walk through my living room and my wife was watching the "news".

Some babbling head was going on and on about the "Survivors" of the Parkland, Florida school shooting speaking out.

The entire media keeps referring to every kid in that school as a "survivor".

Someone who was actually SHOT and lived to tell about it is a *survivor*.

Some high school kid who happened to be on the same school campus and wasn't shot that day might be a witness at best, but they certainly are NOT a "survivor".

They really don't have any more credibility or authority than just being a witness...... no more than a witness to a 7-11 robbery has.

Calling all of those kids "survivors" is leftist *victim mentality" on full, shameless exhibition.

It's an insult and degrading to the people who actually WERE shot and are now recovering and who's physical ability and health may be forever affected.

If the leftist Democrats really gave a damn about the ACTUAL VICTIMS they would be financially helping them and their families instead of spending millions of dollars parading a bunch of dim-witted kids they call "survivors" all over the U.S. to further their own political agenda.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-03-2018).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2018 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

I happened to walk through my living room and my wife was watching the "news".

Some babbling head was going on and on about the "Survivors" of the Parkland, Florida school shooting speaking out.

The entire media keeps referring to every kid in that school as a "survivor".

Someone who was actually SHOT and lived to tell about it is a *survivor*.

Some high school kid who happened to be in the same building and wasn't shot that day might be a witness at best, but they certainly are NOT a "survivor".

They really don't have any more credibility or authority than just being a witness...... no more than a witness to a 7-11 robbery has.

Calling all of those kids "survivors" is leftist *victim mentality" on full, shameless exhibition.

It's an insult and degrading to the people who actually WERE shot and are now recovering and who's physical ability and health may be forever affected.

If the leftist Democrats really gave a damn about the ACTUAL VICTIMS they would be financially helping them and their families instead of spending millions of dollars parading bunch of dim-witted kids they call "survivors" all over the U.S. to further their own political agenda.

Thank you.
I've mentioned this same thing in conversation with friends.
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Current Death Toll - Realtime

Realtime running tally for 2018
In the 10 minutes I've watched the site, there have been 50 abortions and 1 death by gunfire.

This on Snopes

A graphic purportedly showing the leading causes of death in the United States during the first half of 2016 was widely circulated on Facebook in June 2016, its most eye-catching feature being that the number one entry was abortion while the lowest-ranked entry was murder by firearm:

The list was problematic in several aspects, however. First of all, the displayed figures for 2016
are simply projections based on past trends, as up-to-date information of this nature simply isn’t available. The most recent report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) concerning causes of death tallies mortality data from 2014.

Second, although this list (put together by the web site Romans322.com) relies heavily upon mortality data compiled by the CDC, that organization does not record abortion as a cause of death. The leading causes of death in the United States in 2014, according to CDC, were heart disease, cancer, and respiratory disease:

Heart disease: 614,348
Cancer: 591,699
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 147,101
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 136,053
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 133,103
Alzheimer’s disease: 93,541
Diabetes: 76,488
Influenza and pneumonia: 55,227
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 48,146
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 42,773

During that same year the FBI recorded 8,124 murders by firearms in the United States, a statistic that would indeed rank below all other entries on this list.

The usefulness of this information to make a point about gun issues is somewhat questionable, however.
None of the entries on the list save for the last involves intentional killing, while nearly every other entry on the list other than the last references some form of medical malady. It’s an inescapable fact that everyone who manages to avoid being killed (intentionally or otherwise) by someone or something else first will eventually die of some sort of medical condition.
Emphasis - mine

I think it pretty clearly makes the point that of 'caused' deaths, those by gunfire are far outnumbered by baby murder.

Altered image I received in email about this topic.

Dem Sen Kamala Harris: We Cannot Have Pride as a Country ‘When Our Babies Are Being Slaughtered’

[This message has been edited by texasfiero (edited 03-03-2018).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a survivor.
I survived the wooden spoon, peach tree limbs, leather belts but hardest of all...

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I'm a survivor.
I survived the wooden spoon, peach tree limbs, leather belts but hardest of all...

THIS IS YOUR FAULT!!!!
I just remembered I have one more serving of BlueBell Pistachio in the freezer......BYE!
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I'm a survivor.

Nobody can begin to imagine the suffering and trauma you've gone through Don.

Did y'all march to Austin afterwards and rise your fists on high and proclaim NEVER AGAIN!?

....or just plop a few scoops in a bowl and kick back in front of the TV?

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-03-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

14067 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Thank you.
I've mentioned this same thing in conversation with friends.

I suppose we could also look at this as a sick and perverted extension of a "participation trophy".

"You didn't get shot, or even shot AT, but just so your feelings aren't hurt we'll call you a *survivor* too."
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nobody can begin to imagine the suffering and trauma you've gone through Don.

Did y'all march to Austin afterwards and rise your fists on high and proclaim NEVER AGAIN!?

....or just plop a few scoops in a bowl and kick back in front of the TV?

Real Texans don't go to that yuppie/millennial/hipster/sanctuary city called Austin.
I went to Brenham instead.
I'll always believe the Blue Bell recall was political, a first strike deep in the heart of Texas to demoralize and weaken resolve. Recall began in April. This, began in July.

By mid September, Blue Bell was again available here. Jade Helm ended the same week.
Coincidence?
I think not.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We used to refer stuff like this new 21 minimum age limit that roger and the leftist gun grabbers are promoting now

No rational person believes that agreeing to a 21 age minimum would stop there.

Im not even close to being a leftist gun grabber. Me and my home are armed to the hilt. I have no problem with every sane (and rational) person in the country being armed. The 21 age limit would HELP keep guns out of schools...IF...it was a law and FULLY ENFORCED with SERIOUS consequences. I cant remember a single case of of a school shooting committed by someone over 21. These all seem to result from immature kids with a bone to pick. If you dont think the age should be 21, what would you make it....to give everyone equal rights, let 12 year olds buy and carry guns...15 year olds? 21 is generally the age most become legal adults. Ive never been a fan of teens in military. I certainly wouldnt want to be in a unit where I had to depend on an immature, irresponsible 18 year old having my back.

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Im not even close to being a leftist gun grabber. Me and my home are armed to the hilt. I have no problem with every sane (and rational) person in the country being armed. The 21 age limit would HELP keep guns out of schools...IF...it was a law and FULLY ENFORCED with SERIOUS consequences. I cant remember a single case of of a school shooting committed by someone over 21. These all seem to result from immature kids with a bone to pick. If you dont think the age should be 21, what would you make it....to give everyone equal rights, let 12 year olds buy and carry guns...15 year olds? 21 is generally the age most become legal adults. Ive never been a fan of teens in military. I certainly wouldnt want to be in a unit where I had to depend on an immature, irresponsible 18 year old having my back.

Between 2013 and 2015, an average of two school shootings took place at K-12 schools each month. Among shootings at K-12 schools in which the age of the shooter was known, 56 percent (39 of 70) were perpetrated by minors.
https://everytownresearch.o...of-school-shootings/

[This message has been edited by dennis_6 (edited 03-03-2018).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ok..................

I'm going out a pretty sturdy limb here and guess that you're not real familiar with the Constitution, in particular the 14th Amendment, and the Posse Comitatus Act.

Im not a politician or political lawyer, so no I dont know everything written in the Constitution. The 14th Amendment is to protect citizens, and as I see it you are not a full fledged citizen until your adult. If thats not true why are 10 year olds not given a drivers license or allowed to vote ? As far as putting military people in schools, your correct technically...but my suggestion is to do the job without incurring expense to the schools. So dont use military...just have each district hire enough police officers to staff the schools too...but then were right back to 'we cant afford that'. Id absolutely love my city to have 15,000 police officers. So you would be fine for your taxes to go up 1000% to cover that ?

You are one of the reasons nothing is done, because you have NO IDEAS yourselves, and can only find negatives to any one else trying to find some solution. I STILL have not seen anyone else throw out any possible solutions other than banning guns...which will do absolutely NOTHING. Im just throwing stuff out there, not demanding anything. Maybe handcuff every student while on school grounds. Maybe do away with schools altogether and let families teach for themselves. No schools=no more school shootings.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 03-03-2018).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Im not a politician or political lawyer, so no I dont know everything written in the Constitution. The 14th Amendment is to protect citizens, and as I see it you are not a full fledged citizen until your adult. If thats not true why are 10 year olds not given a drivers license or allowed to vote ? As far as putting military people in schools, your correct technically...but my suggestion is to do the job without incurring expense to the schools. So dont use military...just have each district hire enough police officers to staff the schools too...but then were right back to 'we cant afford that'. Id absolutely love my city to have 15,000 police officers. So you would be fine for your taxes to go up 1000% to cover that ?

You are one of the reasons nothing is done, because you have NO IDEAS yourselves, and can only find negatives to any one else trying to find some solution. I STILL have not seen anyone else throw out any possible solutions other than banning guns...which will do absolutely NOTHING. Im just throwing stuff out there, not demanding anything. Maybe handcuff every student while on school grounds. Maybe do away with schools altogether and let families teach for themselves. No schools=no more school shootings.

Roger,
This is not as complicated as some would have us think. Responsible parenting and community involvement would solve a lot of these issues. Parenting has become letting kids do what they want when they want. Apparently, some "parents" think parenting is more about being your kid's friend and not being a parent. Liberal attitudes have taken over. Teachers are no longer allowed to do many of the things they were allowed and encourage to do when we were kids. Kids are not held responsible for their actions, it's always someone else's fault or something that someone else should have addressed. We have allowed the lines between right and wrong to be blurred. The liberal courts have made matters worse. Things like bullying were simply not tolerated once school authorities were made aware, now schools are afraid to do anything cause they might get sued. That is not to suggest that I think schools are totally responsible, there's a lot of bad parenting out there. Parents should be held responsible for their kids.

While I do appreciate you trying to suggest possible solutions, they must be realistic solutions. Banning anyone under the age of 21 from getting a semi-auto is simply not going to work. I'm told there are over 300 million weapons in the US. Many families have guns in their households. Do you really think banning all 21 year olds from buying a semi-auto is going to keep some sick kid from getting hold of a gun and that doesn't even count in the criminal element.

In the Parkland incident, the FBI and local authorities dropped the ball and this kid went off. It should not have happened but it did, it will happen again. I'm not saying arming teachers is the answer but, I do believe having "Gun Free Zones" is absolutley stupid. I have no issue with a willing teacher having a CCP though. Wouldn't force it on anyone but, they should have the option. I have no problem with trained CCP folks on campus, in a business or in public. I know I live in KY but, it is not unusual to see folks with side arms. This does not bother me in the least. Again, I appreciate what you're saying, I just don't agree with the path you're suggesting. There will always be those who do not care about the consequences of their actions, if they don't have gun access, they will find another way. How many folks were run down in France a while back by the guy in a truck? There will always be dangers living in a free society, removing the ability to buy a semi-auto to those under 21 will not stop someone intent on become infamous. That person's options are limited only by their imagination.
------------------
Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 03-03-2018).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-03-2018 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I strongly believe that campus' should be open. Meaning that parents should be able to witness their kids being taught. I am not detailing everything here, in this post, but we should not fear schools. There was a time that a student could bring a gun on campus and no one was "snowflaked".

No conspiracies. Just facts.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-03-2018).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Disallowing people under 21 to own or use a firearm is the Progressives wet dream.
If kids aren't exposed to proper weapon usage, the 'gun culture' dies off in a few generations.

How hard is this to see through? Doh!

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 03-03-2018).]

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Disallowing people under 21 to own or use a firearm is the Progressives wet dream.
If kids aren't exposed to proper weapon usage, the 'gun culture' dies of in a few generations.

How hard is this to see through? Doh!

Nailed it!

At the age of 14 I had had enough training in the use of a rifle that I was allowed to go into the woods with my .22 and hunt without adult supervision.

Now kids are being removed from school if they even comment that ______________ looks like a gun or if they bite their Toast'em into the shape of a gun. They aren't being taught the proper use of a gun at home and are frightened at the very presence of a weapon in any situation.

How many of you remember gun racks, with rifles in them, in the school parking lot? I do.

Perhaps we should start teaching about heros again.

Proposed age limit on guns in the time of Audie Murphy

[This message has been edited by texasfiero (edited 03-03-2018).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay