Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  New School Shooting at 230 Today (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New School Shooting at 230 Today by rogergarrison
Started on: 02-14-2018 04:26 PM
Replies: 214 (3678 views)
Last post by: Tony Kania on 04-05-2018 12:33 PM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also have no problem with having to be 21 to get a license. I rode a bicycle all the way thru high school. Worked for me. Everyone over 21 has the same identical rights across the board...thats as consistent as you can get. Why does everything you do have to come under a different age. Make 21 an adult and everything under 21 adolescent. Makes everything real simple. Like tax people, the governments all want to make everything as complicated as they can.
IP: Logged

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

If they win this argument, everything is on the table for the 'need' argument.

Trying to take weapons away is just another step to try and make everyone more dependent, and less independent.
Enough of that happens daily without legislation.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I also have no problem with having to be 21 to get a license. I rode a bicycle all the way thru high school. Worked for me. Everyone over 21 has the same identical rights across the board...thats as consistent as you can get. Why does everything you do have to come under a different age. Make 21 an adult and everything under 21 adolescent. Makes everything real simple. Like tax people, the governments all want to make everything as complicated as they can.

I was driving my dads milk truck with him when I was 12. I got my first license when I was 14. I was a pretty aggressive driver in my teens but I wasn't involved in any accidents.
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

We have been talking, and there is no way in hell she is shooting that 12 gauge.

On a more serious note, she is worthy of armament. She will sit here with me at the table an intently learn. So very proud. Baby steps, but not without reward.

My daughter at @ age 14 shot a 12 gauge, twice. Proper stance and holding it tight to your shoulder helps. I understand it's not for everyone.

A m4 carbine, is a great choice for petite shooters. Relatively inexpensive variants are out there. Ruger makes decent ones. Palmento State Armory has decent rifles, but shipping can take forever.

A .410 shotgun, not judge revolver loaded with 3" 00 buck will still get the job done.

Paul Harrell test of the .410 for home defense...
https://youtu.be/BQD77feU-rY

Ruger ar-556
https://www.budsgunshop.com...oduct/95081/redirect

PSA Freedom rifle
http://palmettostatearmory....6-freedom-rifle.html

S&w ar 15

https://grabagun.com/smith-...rt-ii-5-56mm-16.html

All should be under 600 dollars if you can find them in stock.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Roger,
You're avoiding the points I made. If, age is the discriminating or deciding factor, That's fine but, be consistent. If an 18 year old is to be denied the 2nd Amandment rights, then why shouldn't the privilege of driving for us older drivers also be based on age? Seriously, how many fatalities are the result of us older drivers versus the number of 18 year olds who go "postal"? Think about it.

I'm sure you feel that not all older drivers are dangerous just as I feel not all (or even a small minority) of 18 year olds a danger to society if allowed to own/purchase a weapon.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 04-03-2018).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2018 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What points did I avoid. I said make the age for everything adult at 21. So everyone is either an adult or their not. What part baffles you ? Any driver from 21 to 101 has the same rights. They just all have to take a driving and laws test when they renew it. Cant pass, you dont get it till you retest and/or not pass. You have to be 21 to get a loan, to own property, join military, vote, drink, go to bars/strip clubs, possess a gun, drive unsupervised and anything else that requires being an 'adult'. Anything under 21 is a juvenile.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-04-2018 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2018 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What points did I avoid. I said make the age for everything adult at 21. So everyone is either an adult or their not. What part baffles you ? Any driver from 21 to 101 has the same rights. They just all have to take a driving and laws test when they renew it. Cant pass, you dont get it till you retest and/or not pass. You have to be 21 to get a loan, to own property, join military, vote, drink, go to bars/strip clubs, possess a gun, drive unsupervised and anything else that requires being an 'adult'. Anything under 21 is a juvenile.

You are applying a double standard. If you can't see that, take off those blinders.
Look at the number of fatalities caused by people like yourself (our age) driving then, look at the number of people killed with weapons by the (under 21) people you are trying to deny a constitutional right. It's not even close! My lord Roger, it's as clear as those speed limit signs you ignore. Based on the actual numbers you should be advocating getting all the old foggies off the road.

https://seniordriving.aaa.c...ving/facts-research/

Resources for Family & Friends » Conversations About Driving » Facts & Research

Facts and Research
Seniors are safe drivers compared to other age groups, since they often reduce risk of injury by wearing safety belts, observing speed limits, and not drinking and driving. However, they are more likely to be injured or killed in traffic crashes due to age-related vulnerabilities, such as more fragile bones. Medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes and other illnesses also make it more difficult for older drivers to recover from any injuries. With the exception of teen drivers, seniors have the highest crash death rate per mile driven, even though they drive fewer miles than younger people.

Although Americans are healthier and living longer than ever before, seniors are outliving their ability to drive safely by an average of 7 to 10 years. Most older drivers recognize and avoid situations where their limitations put them at risk. They drive less after dark, during rush hour or in bad weather, and avoid difficult roads such as highways and intersections.

Here are more key facts about senior drivers:

Fifty percent of the middle-aged population and 80 percent of people in their 70s suffer from arthritis, crippling inflammation of the joints, which makes turning, flexing and twisting painful.1
Weaker muscles, reduced flexibility and limited range of motion restrict senior drivers’ ability to grip and turn the steering wheel, press the accelerator or brake, or reach to open doors and windows.1
More than 75 percent of drivers age 65 or older report using one or more medications, but less than one-third acknowledged awareness of the potential impact of the medications on driving performance.2
Per mile traveled, fatal crash rates increase beginning at age 75 and rise sharply after age 80. This is mainly due to increased risk of injury and medical complications, rather than an increased tendency to get into crashes.3
Since older drivers are more fragile, their fatality rates are 17 times higher than those of 25- to 64-year-olds.1
In 2009, 33 million licensed drivers were over age 65 – a 20 percent increase from 1999. And by the year 2030, 70 million Americans in the U.S. will be over age 65 – and 85 to 90 percent of them will be licensed to drive.4
In 2014, nearly 5,709 senior drivers were killed and 221,000 were injured in traffic crashes.5
In 2009, more than 58 percent of deaths in crashes involving drivers over age 65 were older drivers themselves and 12 percent were their passengers. Twenty-eight percent of these deaths were occupants of other vehicles, bicyclists and pedestrians.3 By comparison, in the same year 40 percent of deaths in crashes involving at least one driver younger than age 21 were attributed to the younger drivers themselves and 23 percent were their passengers. Thirty-six percent were occupants of other vehicles, bicyclists and pedestrians.3

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 04-05-2018).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-05-2018 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about a $1,000 per day fine for each violation of a Village ordinance?

Illinois village votes to ban some semi-automatic weapons; Residents who do not turn in guns face $1000/day fine
Click to show

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2018 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why do you think the Progressive left is always pushing for registration of all weapons?

Here is a good read....

https://townhall.com/column...ment-second-n2467312

True words.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-05-2018 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"... tools of free men."
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2018 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2018 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How about a $1,000 per day fine for each violation of a Village ordinance?

Illinois village votes to ban some semi-automatic weapons; Residents who do not turn in guns face $1000/day fine
Click to show

They are not coming to take your guns away. They just want common sense gun laws.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2018 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

They are not coming to take your guns away. They just want common sense gun laws.

Yes we can, yes we can, chant after me....
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-05-2018 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

Not a bite at you in the least. I feel that you have a grasp on the subject at hand.

Just who gets to decide "common sense"?

NSFW Language and assault weapons.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay