vegetarian meat by bonaduce
Started on: 09-26-2018 04:04 PM
Replies: 10 (223 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 10-02-2018 11:06 AM
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2018 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The wife made me watch a show last night where they made "hamburgers" out of beets and some other things, and it actually looked like a raw burger, and fried close to what a real burger would look like. After this I turned and looked at my wife and said "Why do vegans/vegetarians make things that look like meat and eat them, why not just eat meat. I don't take my steak and make it look like a piece of corn on the cobb." She did not look amused, and had no answer, so I ask here, we must have a few among us who surely know why?

dan
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2018 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not one, but I assume its so they don't feel left out?

It looks like they are doing what we do? Also its a way to get people to try their meat replacement, "here try this type of burger".

Maybe like the way a new Soda doesn't sell, so they keep making different flavors of Mountain Dew?.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2018 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
Maybe like the way a new Soda doesn't sell, so they keep making different flavors of Mountain Dew?.

MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2018 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It probably has to do with the hysterical environmentalists. Remember back in the 60's or 70's where the world was going to run out of food? Well, If you eat meat there is about a 10 to 1 ratio of what the cow eats in food energy to what you would get out of the meat in food energy. So if we went one step down on the food chart to eat grains and things like that we would have 10 times the food energy available for people to eat. But, the reports of the world going hungry were not true back then and they are not true today. Modern technology has provided us with the ability to produce more food without using more land, and so we don't have to worry about the world starving, in fact, we have more to worry about with overeating than with starvation.

Today the times where people are starving, it is usually from government intervention and mostly intentional.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2018 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it's odd how vegetarians think eating meat is bad, but then they try to replicate it. IMO, that's like saying sex is evil when you have a blow-up doll in the closet.
Fats

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2018 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's the same as the Lesbians swearing off men, then only dating a chick that not only looks like a dude, but wears a strap on to bed....
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2018 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

It's the same as the Lesbians swearing off men, then only dating a chick that not only looks like a dude, but wears a strap on to bed....

THAT'S QUOTABLE.....so I will!
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2018 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Simple. Marketing.

I fell for it, I am a butcher, and obviously eat meat. The girlfriend was a vegetarian for 25 years (and 6 months into our relationship- we are at nearly 2 years now and she eats meat again ((no, I didn't coerce her!))).

My favorite local burger joint (Burgatory) decided to offer what is called the "impossible burger" at the onset of our relationship. A veggie burger that is pink on the inside and it "bleeds" like meat. But has none. I was intrigued. And we both tried it. It was surprisingly good! I had succumbed to her diet from the getgo to accommodate our dinners together, and often ate vegetarian meals as I could prepare my favorites with alternatives (I love Shepard's pie, so I made it for her with portobello mushrooms in place of meat, for example.)

As a meat lover, I can knock most, but not all of it. I hate tofu and hate beans. I would die without meat. But vegetarians have come a long way with their creativity. Don't be afraid to try something new!

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2018 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dunno guys.. Tofu Turkey's.

Hey ma! The Turkey is extra.... Creamy.. This year!

*BARF!*

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 10-02-2018).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2018 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I discussed this topic recently with a vegetarian friend.

When attending a cookout, veggie substitutes allow 'fitting in' with the fun times.

I think it's great!
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-02-2018 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock