A tune you may not have heard by 2.5
Started on: 02-25-2020 05:07 PM
Replies: 354 (5106 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 09-07-2024 01:38 PM
Valkrie9

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2024 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IP: Logged
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2024 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Valkrie9

1642 posts
Member since Jan 2021

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 07-20-2024).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2024 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Valkrie9

1642 posts
Member since Jan 2021

Distant Planets, Far Horizons,

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2024 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:
with Sam Bush, Jerry Douglas and Victor Wooten

That is a sick lineup. Did they release an entire CD?

Was Jerry Douglas in New Grass Revival with Sam and Bela?

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2024 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BingB:

That is a sick lineup. Did they release an entire CD?

That particular cut is from an album Bela Fleck did in honor of the 100th anniversary of Rhapsody in Blue.

Was Jerry Douglas in New Grass Revival with Sam and Bela?

All of them, along with Tony Rice and Mark O'Connor, have played together for decades in various combinations.

Did you know that Mark O'Connor was touring with Stephane Grappelli before he was 20 years old?

Here are some of them with Buddy Emmons.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 07-21-2024).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2024 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I posted some of Noa Drezner's videos a few years ago. I like flamenco and I like what she does with it.

Here is a thread from a few years ago with another Noa Drezner video:

A pretty girl with a guitar

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 07-22-2024).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2024 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2024 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is first and foremost a car forum. Let's go Cruisin'... from 1982, with Al Di Meola and Jan Hammer.

There are live versions of this song on YouTube that sound great, like This one... but the only decent video footage of them playing this song is Here, with unfortunately inferior audio quality.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-23-2024).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2024 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jorma Kaukonen with Sam Bush on fiddle, Jerry Douglas on a Weissenborn and Byron House on bass. "Blue Country Heart" is a great album of mostly depression era songs, with a lot of talented musicians.

More from the same album:

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 07-23-2024).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2024 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 07-26-2024).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2024 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dang !
It must be the brass and the bass line that's got me replaying that ' Hooked on a Feeling ' tune all day in this great weather, down at the beach.
Stuck real good, by memory, played on local radio thousands of times, AM/FM, CHUM,104.5, CFNY 102.1, Blue Swede, great memories from that time.
There was that scene at the Six Mile Lake campsite, the brown beans flipping incident, the beans battle, a total food fight mess, that one gal with a streak of beans across her forehead, the laughter.
' Din't be grabbing a man's dinner bee-atch ! ', used a tablespoon to catapult the tomato sauce and beans across the pic-nic table, laying a stripe into her hair, drunken buffoonery,
several 24's into the week-end, that was the time that Kevin, our friend from Windsor, destroyed the spider gears in his older brother's 340 Duster, a burnout on a corner from a stop.
Drove it to the Esso Station's mechanic in Victoria Harbour, ordered the parts, had it done in three days, incredibly, it was quite expensive though.
Popped the clutch leaving the station's parking lot, the posi putting the black stripes down, he always laid rubber, working the big three plants, as they all did, back when.
Yep. memories of stupendous acts, the tunes that went with it all.

A '73 340 Duster like Kevin's
[ /maps/place/Delawana+Resort/@44.8716251,-79.8205822 ]
' Leave a message with the hotel's switchboard, we'll come around to pay you the balance for your work. '
Went fishing in Georgian Bay, a real good time was had, sunbaked.
Giants of Georgian Bay
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2024 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Valkrie9:

Boston - More Than a Feeling

One of my favorite songs of all time. I haven't watched this "Official" music video for years. The guys in the band all appear so mellow, as well they should be while playing this great (relatively slow tempo) song... except for the bass player! What the hell was he on? Was he totally buzzed on coke during the filming of this music video or what? Man oh man!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-27-2024).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2024 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Brilliant !

This afternoon, feeling good, yep.

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 08-05-2024).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2024 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have posted each of these incredible musicians before in this thread, but not together.

It's not often (like maybe never?) that you hear banjo and harp together.

SET LIST
0:12 - "No Fear"
8:58 - "Throw Down Your Heart"
19:54 - "For Jaco"
28:48 - "Bamako"
37:05 - "Santa Morena"
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2024 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Inspired by a thread from the deep end of the pool:

All you old geezers will remember
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2024 03:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Everyone should, needs, to buy this disc, to get good tunage, so sanity is retained.
This is important for the planet, happy people, happy planet.
See ? It's so simple.

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2024 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you like jam bands this is pretty damn hot.

Wait until you have 8 minutes to enjoy the ride.

[This message has been edited by BingB (edited 08-20-2024).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2024 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fail.

You can't link to a YouTube video using image brackets. Use youtube instead of img.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2024 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

37244 posts
Member since Apr 99

I may've posted the following video once before. If so, neg me. The second video is the same band. Two very good and distinctive covers.

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2024 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Fail.

You can't link to a YouTube video using image brackets. Use youtube instead of img.

I don't know what this means. I just copy and paste the link.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2024 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know what this means. I just copy and paste the link.

And I'm letting you know that it doesn't work.

Here's a screen grab of my previous post while it was being written. You'll notice your link that I was quoting. Those brackets will only work with an image.

Click on EDIT of my post above with the videos, and you'll see how the youtube brackets are used. It would be nice if Mr Pennock could give us a means of automating the linking to YouTube videos... but for now we need to manually create those youtube brackets around the YouTube video URL.
PFF
System Bot
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2024 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fail.

Thanks. I finally got around to editing it.

[This message has been edited by BingB (edited 08-20-2024).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2024 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

' Greeny ' Les Paul

' I think the tune is an excellent blues riff, hair raising even, haunting echo.
Yeah, like that. '

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2024 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
country/folk guitar virtuoso Keller Williams
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2024 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB

2041 posts
Member since Nov 2023
Scalding hot jam, but listen to these lyrics from 1969. Still dead on today

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2024 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When Funk Legends play heavey metal.

The guitarist is Michael Hampton when he was about 18. I did not see Clinton live until the early 90's and Hampton was still shredding.

I saw a lot of live funk in the 90's. P-Funk All-Stars, Maceo Parker and Fred Wesley, and I saw Bootsy Collins and his Rubber Band on Halloween in Denver. That was one of the wildest shows I have ever experienced.

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2024 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good sound, good cameras, good concert, good tunes, good.
After all, the tunes are to make a good time, to later reminisce, ' I had a good time, back then ! '
' Good thing I went with you, I loved it when you danced with me ! '

Alvin Lee (Ten Years Later) - Hey Joe - Old Grey Whistle Test

' It was the guitar that clinched it '

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 09-05-2024).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2024 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let's go Cruisin'...

Maybe not exactly what you had in mind, but still Cruisin'.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2024 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kate is Mark's daughter-in-law.

Man oh man, this girl can sing!
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2024 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Summer 1970, there I was, relaxing in the pop-up camper at night, a low fire outside in the barbecue pit, when the OPP arrived, to tell me to turn the tunes down, the giant cop had walked a half mile down the granite mountain to the beach from the road 300' above the lake, I was unaware that the tiny record player was too loud. Totally surprised, I turned it off.
Born Under A Bad Sign
White Room

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2024 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any Sonny Landreth fans out there?

https://youtu.be/Sloap5PUi40?si=eMNWbRUc6zAQ555h
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2024 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

https://youtu.be/Sloap5PUi40?si=eMNWbRUc6zAQ555h

Sonny Landreth is outstanding. He does a lot of great stuff with Cindy Cashdollar.

And here is a live version of "Congo Square" with Derek Trucks:

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2024 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

I don't play guitar so I don't understand a lot of technique, but Sonny is one of those guys who sounds great and is fascinating to watch.

Great selection. Tight band behind him.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2024 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't play guitar so I don't understand a lot of technique, but Sonny is one of those guys who sounds great and is fascinating to watch.

Great selection. Tight band behind him.

Sonny Landreth plays slide in a style that many would call swamp, from the Louisiana and Mississippi delta region.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2024 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

20625 posts
Member since Mar 2009
Ry Cooder is another great slide player, and even if you have never heard the name, I guarantee you've been listening to him your whole life.

More than 50 years later and this track still gives me chills.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock