Started on: 01-28-2021 10:56 PM
Replies: 7 (182 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 01-29-2021 09:22 AM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2021 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drinking straws, grocery bags and now this:

I have discussed in other threads how the tree huggers have destroyed our forests, polluted our air and reduced the quality of life in developing countries. We know they are working hard to degrade the quality of life in the USA.

Do you think that just maybe, just maybe we were doing it right in the first place, before a rabid pack of drooling leftists decided to make changes just because they could. Somebody needs to stop and think about how many other things they are wrong about.

Somebody is making a profit off of all of this.

The left has just jumped off the high board without checking to see how deep the pool is.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-28-2021 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why is it, every SINGLE little thing has to become a major global social issue ? And what happened to common sense ?

Git a ****ing canteen, it worked fine for hundreds of years with no issues ! and MYOFB about what I am drinking out of, it IS none of yours !!

GAWD, I hate this species and society sometimes.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2021 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope the damn pool is empty.

Well, except for the spikes and razor wire.

Gotta have something to cushion the landing.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2021 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's innovation in packaging. What's wrong with that? Because they're using a "Better for the Gym and Planet" slogan?

The FTC does not require that the manufacturers of Boxed Water provide the consumer with a peer-reviewed journal article to support a scientific consensus that Boxed Water is literally "better for the gymnasium and better for this small, rocky, water-endowed planet that revolves around the sun in orbital slot 3" than Bottled Water or Tap Water.

Does anyone think that should be a requirement for the Boxed Water people to be allowed to advertise their product in this way?

Or should the Boxed Water people continue to be granted the same traditional latitude for "puffery" in their advertising as has been the case for every other advertiser since time immemorial?

Maybe I don't understand the motivation or thinking behind the original post (or "post zero" as I think it could also be designated.)

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-29-2021).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2021 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

It's innovation in packaging. What's wrong with that? Because they're using a "Better for the Gym and Planet" slogan?

The FTC does not require that the manufacturers of Boxed Water provide the consumer with a peer-reviewed journal article to support a scientific consensus that Boxed Water is literally "better for the gymnasium and better for this small, rocky, water-endowed planet that revolves around the sun in orbital slot 3" than Bottled Water or Tap Water.

Does anyone think that should be a requirement for the Boxed Water people to be allowed to advertise their product in this way?

Or should the Boxed Water people continue to be granted the same traditional latitude for "puffery" in their advertising as has been the case for every other advertiser since time immemorial?

Maybe I don't understand the motivation or thinking behind the original post (or "post zero" as I think it could also be designated.)

There is nothing wrong with paper drink cartons. There was nothing wrong with them 60 years ago. Just as there was nothing wrong with paper grocery bags or "Baby It's Cold Outside" or "The Star Spangled Banner".
There is nothing wrong with barring men from participating in women's sports, or believing that men and women were born that way.
There is nothing wrong with statues of historical figures or American exceptionalism or speaking your mind.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2021 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
What's wrong with that? Because they're using a "Better for the Gym and Planet" slogan?

Because it is a lie ?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2021 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, now google ads is mocking me:

How long before a spotted ferruginous snail darter chokes on one of these and we all are forced to go back to the organic, biodegradable, dolphin safe paper and cotton Qtip?
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-29-2021 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fewer plastics is good with me.
I'd use a canteen but the water is coming from somewhere other than a tap, because tap water sucks. Cleaned spring water comes from bottles.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock