Started on: 03-04-2021 11:47 AM
Replies: 70 (1072 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 03-14-2021 09:13 AM
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't check the other areas. Is PFF dying? Traffic seems lite and noticeably more tension.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-04-2021 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm more on MeWe than anywhere else these days. It's one of the few places I can openly sell accessories with getting banned/blocked, plus there are some really good 3d printing groups on there.

Latest project, It takes Fire NP guts but 100% circumvents Turdeaus ban. Not even fully prototyped yet and I have interest in it. Started as a Winchester 1898 then crashed into the Star Wars cast.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 03-04-2021).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

I don't check the other areas. Is PFF dying? Traffic seems lite and noticeably more tension.

Politics has basically become a cancer that has grown in practically every aspect of out lives.
And just like talking about cancer, people do not like talking about politics. Talking politics is more or less like discussing the options of treatment with family, friends and others.
So, ya people are less talkative.
May also be other reasons, like lack of funds to hobby our cars or fewer vendors to support our hobby. Maybe even less people and or cars? Maybe other discussion platforms?
Maybe we just don't like each other and ran out of things to say.
Of course I say this light heartedly.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many of the OT 'regulars' (myself included) are busy with real world /non-internet projects.

Really not much new in the 'news' to say anyway, that hasn't been said many times before.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not a lot of new news going on, so nothing really to talk about...

I mean, other than the fact that Biden invented a cure for the virus that has killed 300 million Americans, or that the Democrats just passed a bill that would effectively end the two-party system, or that we now have open border policies with nearly 10,000 central Americans illegally streaming in awaiting the call for Amnesty...

... I mean, other than that, there's really not a whole lot going on. You know... just business as usual.
OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Many of the OT 'regulars' (myself included) are busy with real world /non-internet projects.

Really not much new in the 'news' to say anyway, that hasn't been said many times before.

Agreed. Even though I'm retired now, I find myself busy with other projects and to do lists. But I usually check in here at least three times a week.

Marc

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Politics has basically become a cancer that has grown in practically every aspect of out lives.
And just like talking about cancer, people do not like talking about politics. Talking politics is more or less like discussing the options of treatment with family, friends and others.
So, ya people are less talkative.
May also be other reasons, like lack of funds to hobby our cars or fewer vendors to support our hobby. Maybe even less people and or cars? Maybe other discussion platforms?
Maybe we just don't like each other and ran out of things to say.
Of course I say this light heartedly.

All of the above?

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 03-04-2021).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 210
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The "election" is over and lefties have finally realized what they actually "won" so they don't have much of anything to say now.

Like all internet forums, traffic waxes and wanes depending on what's going on in people's lives and in the world.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2021 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make it what you want, post things that interest you and see if other folks are into it.
Yeah a few folks got banned a while back. Since controversy seems to be what sells in OT, that may have quieted some things down. PLus yeah, the election is "over". Oddly controversy is why some people claim to want to leave. Though some show up only to post a few controvercial pokes and prods, then go again. It didnt change anything for me, I dont care about controversy.

In the Fiero sections there are newbies so I don't think its dwindling any more than it was the past 5 years.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-05-2021).]

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2021 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was shocked that Boonie got banned. Been off too long.
PFF
System Bot
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2021 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I miss Boonie.

I think it's because most don't have Fieros anymore.

I know that isn't a prerequisite to be on the site or the purpose of O/T, but without a Fiero, why come here at all?

There still a few of us that frequent O/T that still own Fieros.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2021 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

I miss Boonie.

I know that isn't a prerequisite to be on the site or the purpose of O/T, but without a Fiero, why come here at all?

I have a Fiero in a storage unit, where it's been for a month shy of 10 years... and I've maybe seen it 4 times in that span of time. Does that count? I own it... but it sure as hell isn't registered.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-05-2021 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I own it... but it sure as hell isn't registered.

I've had 4 or 5......or... 6 like that over the years.

<VIN change to build one out of 3... <MeM sticks hands in pockets and denies all knowledge of taking out windshields and drilling pop rivets just to save a car>

Well, I;ll be damned something like that can be done. (WHAT, not Like I was ever going to sell it)

(sorry. lmitations on that one is long gone too, and they ended up in a scrapyard anyway)

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 03-05-2021).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2021 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

I miss Boonie.

I miss the past. First came here right after 9/11 and the few years after, even though things were chaotic,things were much easier to handle. I was bouncing between states (heh of states mind and in real life) But this place kept me grounded (well, sorta... heh). it was like Cheers, kinda. It was fun. I made stupid stuff, did stupid contests...Things weren't quite so serious.
So much has been stripped away, so many people gone (in RL and here). So many projects left unfinished. NY has deteriorated SO MUCH the past year. Literally hundreds of places I used to go to are just GONE. They even cancelled the train I have used to get home for the past 8 years...

Makes me want to break out into song, even...

Once upon a time there was a tavern
Where we used to raise a glass or two
Remember how we laughed away the hours
And think of all the great things we would do
Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way

La la la la la la
La la la la la la
La la la la La la la la la la

Then the busy years went rushing by us
We lost our starry notions on the way
If by chance I'd see you in the tavern
We'd smile at one another and we'd say
Those were the days, oh yes those were the days

La la la la la la
La la la la la la

Just tonight I stood before the tavern
Nothing seemed the way it used to be
In the glass I saw a strange reflection
Was that lonely FieroRumor really me

La la la la la la
La la la la la la
la la la la la la
La la la la la la

Through the door there came familiar laughter
I saw your face and heard you call my name
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same

La la la la la la
La la la la la la
La la la la la la
La la la la la la

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 03-07-2021).]

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2021 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Remember the time you got pissed because someone kept using your name in Augworld? That was classic.
007DOUG

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2021 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 007DOUGSend a Private Message to 007DOUGEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think forum reached the point where everything fiero has been posted and reposted and....thus general chat takes over with its conflicting views....oh and facebook stole forum traffic

[This message has been edited by 007DOUG (edited 03-07-2021).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2021 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is, OT done, not even close. Just nothing worth debating or sharing at this point. President Biden is doing as expected. Screwing up.

My lord, I hate FB.

I'm on it but, that doesn't mean I like it. My participation will turn into a holding pattern after Easter. I'm hosting a motorcycle event and most of the people attending are on FB.
Once that event is done, I'm through for several months. Hopefully, FB will die a slow and painful death.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 03-07-2021).]

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2021 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Bunch of old guys that forgot how to have fun and appreciate the world around them.

Why do you have a picture on my grandniece you SOB?
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2021 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FriendGregory

4833 posts
Member since Jan 2004

I hope you understand the humor.
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2021 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FriendGregory

4833 posts
Member since Jan 2004

Originally posted by blackrams:

Is, OT done, not even close. Just nothing worth debating or sharing at this point. President Biden is doing as expected. Screwing up.

We have been posting gobs of commentary based on the Biden press conference's. Each and every time!
PFF
System Bot
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2021 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same few people seem to run everyone off in this section.. I certainly avoid it most of the time.

The rest of the forum seems to be hanging on due to some great members who offer their time/helps/expertise and opinions. Hopefully spring brings out more owners, some new threads and some knowledge is shared along with more sales and new projects.

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2021 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendGregory:

I hope you understand the humor.

I do

Click to show
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2021 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I do

Click to show

Yea, this! This is why I can never understand homosexuality.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2021 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

I miss the past. First came here right after 9/11 and the few years after, even though things were chaotic,things were much easier to handle. I was bouncing between states (heh of states mind and in real life) But this place kept me grounded (well, sorta... heh). it was like Cheers, kinda. It was fun. I made stupid stuff, did stupid contests...

La la la la la la
La la ...

Keep on keeping on.
Make it what you want, do what you used to do.
Sure we've grown up a bit, but don't let things influence you unless its beneficial.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-08-2021).]

skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2021 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

Same few people seem to run everyone off in this section.. I certainly avoid it most of the time.

The rest of the forum seems to be hanging on due to some great members who offer their time/helps/expertise and opinions. Hopefully spring brings out more owners, some new threads and some knowledge is shared along with more sales and new projects.

Yeah i decided awhile ago posting over here can be dangerous. I mostly stick to the Fiero side of the house. While enjoying the glance over at this train wreck once in awhile
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-09-2021 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skywurz:

Yeah i decided awhile ago posting over here can be dangerous. I mostly stick to the Fiero side of the house. While enjoying the glance over at this train wreck once in awhile

https://external-content.du...HaEK%26pid%3DApi&f=1
skywurz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

https://external-content.du...HaEK%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendGregory:

Yea, this! This is why I can never understand homosexuality.

There are many girls who love this as much as you. :-)

My mistake was thinking I could be friends with Lesbians. We both like girls, right? Except they don't like straight men.
After all, they are still girls with girl emotions. Always left me kinda sad they did not like my kind.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:
My mistake was thinking I could be friends with Lesbians. We both like girls, right?

This joke is for you, the video version.

I have been friends with lesbians. One took me to a titty bar, true story.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post03-09-2021 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bet Cliff likes it better not having to deal with the childish behaviors as much.
And it seems the gang trolling has been mostly shut down.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Too deep?
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

I bet Cliff likes it better not having to deal with the childish behaviors as much.
And it seems the gang trolling has been mostly shut down.

Thinking it's kind of like COVID fatigue, we're all just tired of crap we can't do much about except control our own actions.

The Dems are almost in total control. Doesn't do any good to debate it. That is not to suggest a white flag and surrender.

I fully expect the next election to be an all out war.

Rams
skywurz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Too deep?

Nope just learned a long time ago you cant teach old boomers new tricks and you cant reason with people who think the government is injecting some sort of tracking chip into them while they are willing carrying around and paying for the actual tracking device.

Edit: censored language on image to keep inside the rules.

[This message has been edited by skywurz (edited 03-09-2021).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nope just learned a long time ago you cant teach old boomers new tricks

Whats wrong with the advice he gave? I could see a young person giving the same advice.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nope just learned a long time ago you cant teach old boomers new tricks and you cant reason with people who think the government is injecting some sort of tracking chip into them while they are willing carrying around and paying for the actual tracking device.

Edit: censored language on image to keep inside the rules.

Hmm Must be a California thing. I'm an old boomer and don't believe in any of the stated stuff above. Yeah, I know my cell makes my travels easily tracked but then, that makes my family feel better. Just used Glympse.com to allow the world to track me from TX to AZ. Yeah, us old boomer can't learn any new tricks.
Oh yeah, I also volunteered to be injected with the "experimental" Moderna vaccine. Thought maybe some youngsters might benefit from me being a guinea pig.
Guess I was too stupid to know better.

Rams
skywurz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Whats wrong with the advice he gave? I could see a young person giving the same advice.

Oh nothing at all. Just did not set me up well for the boomer joke. The real problem is that this side of the forum leans a bit harder Right than i care for. Its not you its me, I don't care to try to argue with people about politics or push my beliefs onto them so I steer clear. Im also not Left either i dont care for a bunch of that. This is where the 2 party system has failed me and its just a huge shrug.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nope just learned a long time ago you cant teach old boomers new tricks

So, you come over here, insult an entire group of people then call OT a train wreck....

Do you think this helps?

skywurz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

So, you come over here, insult an entire group of people then call OT a train wreck....

Do you think this helps?

By train wreck I meant it more like "My Stories". a soap opera per se. You watch on because its interesting but you are glad you are standing way over here.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 210
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Hmm Must be a California thing. I'm an old boomer and don't believe in any of the stated stuff above. Yeah, I know my cell makes my travels easily tracked but then, that makes my family feel better. Just used Glympse.com to allow the world to track me from TX to AZ. Yeah, us old boomer can't learn any new tricks.
Oh yeah, I also volunteered to be injected with the "experimental" Moderna vaccine. Thought maybe some youngsters might benefit from me being a guinea pig.
Guess I was too stupid to know better.

Rams

The ignorance coupled with arrogance of some children is a part of their maturation process......if they ever do.

It's ironic that he believes that "boomers" don't understand things like cell phones and microchips when it was our generation that invented those things and a million more wonders that children cannot begin to imagine a world without.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-09-2021).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock