Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Courtroom 'ZEST' from one of the best. U.S. District Court Judge Royce Lamberth.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Courtroom 'ZEST' from one of the best. U.S. District Court Judge Royce Lamberth. by rinselberg
Started on: 06-24-2021 08:41 PM
Replies: 19 (329 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 06-26-2021 01:00 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2021 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Judge rebukes GOP for downplaying US Capitol riot as he hands out first sentence in insurrection"
Marshall Cohen, Katelyn Polantz and Hannah Rabinowitz for CNN; June 23, 2021.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/06...sentenced/index.html

"What planet were they on?"

Judge Lamberth had harsh words for lawmakers who've downplayed the events of January 6, like Republicans Ron "I wasn't scared" Johnson and Andy "It was like tourists had come to see the Capitol Building" Clyde--although the judge did not go so far as to differentiate between Democrats and Republicans or call out any individual lawmaker by name.

A Trump supporter who spent 10 minutes inside the US Capitol during the January 6 insurrection was sentenced to probation Wednesday, avoiding jail, becoming the first rioter to learn their punishment in the riot investigation.

At a hearing in DC federal court, Judge Royce Lamberth said the insurrection was a "disgrace" and forcefully rebuked the "utter nonsense" coming from some Republican lawmakers and other right-wing figures who are whitewashing what happened.

"I don't know what planet they were on," Lamberth said of the GOP lawmakers, without mentioning any names. Recent releases of videos from the attack "will show the attempt of some congressman to rewrite history that these were tourists walking through the capitol is utter nonsense."

The judge had a warning for the other January 6 defendants who are going to come before his court:

"I don't want to create the impression that probation is [going to be] the automatic outcome . . ."

More from Judge Lamberth:

[T]he judge said what happened on January 6 was "a serious crime" and a "disgrace" to the country. He praised the media for its coverage of the assault and pointed out that "much of the public remains outraged at what occurred."

"This wasn't a peaceful demonstration... it wasn't [just] an accident that it turned violent."

A Texas native and Army veteran, Royce Lamberth was nominated for the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia by President Reagan and confirmed by the Senate with unanimous consent. Ballotpedia.

As recently as March (2021) Judge Lamberth was described in highly respectful terms on the website of the famously conservative Federalist Society:

Each year, the National Archives and its Office of Government Information Services holds a series of events for "Sunshine Week" to highlight and promote government transparency.

This year's keynote will be a conversion with one of the most consequential trial judges in the past half-century: Judge Royce Lamberth of the U.S. District Court for District of Columbia. Judge Lamberth's jurisprudence has impacted many aspects of American civic life, and his record on government transparency and accountability is no exception. At least at one point, Lamberth had more published FOIA opinions than any other judge. He also has developed key points of law with respect to discovery of government information in national security and class action suits, secrecy of Grand Jury records, and other areas.
Source.

File photo of relevant commercial art.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 210
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2021 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here you are again running Leftist turds across a cheese grater and telling everyone that it's "zest"

"Insurrection" is a very specific legal term and charge under federal law 8 USC § 2383.

The judge DID NOT characterize the January 6 riot as an "insurrection"

If you insist that he did then PRODUCE THE TRANSCRIPT or admit that you are parroting LEFTIST propaganda.....again.

Additionally:

"Anna Morgan-Lloyd, 49, from rural Indiana, had pleaded guilty to a single misdemeanor for trespassing inside the Capitol as part of the crowd on January 6.
She was also assessed a $500 fine."

That is obviously not "insurrection, rebellion, treason, sedition or any of the other bullshit LEFTIST PROPAGANDA that you have been pumping out like a fire hose.

Always nice to see more emphasis put on the FACT that:

As of today, still NOT ONE PERSON has been charged with Insurrection or sedition or even homicide as a result of the events of January 6, 2021

As of today, NOBODY has been charged with Advocating overthrow of Government (18 U.S. Code § 2385) as a result of the events of January 6, 2021

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 06-24-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2021 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's my practice, when presenting a news (or news-like) media report like this, to use the exact title or banner that appeared above the report--but I put it within quotation marks. So I am quoting what appeared at the very top of the report. I think that's the best way to present these reports. The most transparent way for me to present these reports.

If I want to take issue, myself, with the banner that is at the top of a media report, I do it. Otherwise--and in this case--I want the people who are interested enough to look at any part of my presentation to look at the entirety of my presentation and decide themselves whether the banner at the top of the report does justice to the substance of the report.

In this case, there is nothing in the substance of the CNN report that makes me think that the judge used the word "insurrection" in any of his references to the events of January 6. That was one of my thoughts when I first read the CNN report. The "I word" (insurrection) appears in the banner for the report, on CNN, but it's not attributed to the judge himself.

I have no apology or "mea culpa" for the way that I set up this Topic, because I don't believe that there is any fault on my part to be found there.

It's ridiculous to take the position--and this is typical of "randye"--of "Oh look, rinselberg just said this, but he didn't say THIS. So rinselberg is a no-good, lying, Leftist Marxist propagandist bla bla bla."

It's ridiculous--and again, this is absolutely characteristic of "randye"--to talk as if someone (like me) can set up a new topic and say everything that is already in their mind about it, all at once and all from the very beginning--all in the Original Post.

That's what discussion is for. The Post Reply function. For other forum members to fill out the discussion and move a new topic forward from its setup or initial presentation. To "matriculate it downfield" ("it" being the topic) and towards the goal line of intellectual balance and completion.

"randye" could have a "Come to Jesus" moment where he realizes that he could add to these conversations in an honest and straightforward way, serving up sold intellectual fare as his entree, instead of ruining his presentations with supersized "sides" of childishly antagonistic "trash talk." In this case, he could (and should) have said "Are you (rinselberg) saying that the judge literally called the events of January 6 an 'insurrection'..? Because I don't see any evidence for that in the CNN report."

He could.

I'm not holding my breath.

"randye" would be better served if this Pennock's Totally O/T were just a static screensaver for him to look at, instead of a discussion forum.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-25-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2021 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

....a "Come to Jesus" moment.....

IF you were ever to have that kind of epiphany then perhaps you would STOP LYING.

He has no honest interest in actually adding to the discussion....

When you constantly LIE and PROPAGANDIZE, (the same thing), I ADD documented, objective, TRUTH

When you leave out essential information in order to deceive people I ADD the whole story that you won't.

When you constantly post fantasy and delusion, I ADD reality.

When you grind another one of your Leftist Propaganda turds and try to tell everyone that it's "zest",

I ADD the rhetorical disinfectant and deodorant to the fetid mess that you bescumber the forum with

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 06-25-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2021 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your lack of awareness when it comes to my awareness is total.
GT-X

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2021 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anything ever posted.

You write like a first year Drama student acts. You try so hard it is painful/cringey to witness.
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2021 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:
That is obviously not "insurrection, rebellion, treason, sedition or any of the other bullshit LEFTIST PROPAGANDA that you have been pumping out like a fire hose.

This is the first time I have needed to correct you. rinselberg is not pumping out LEFTIST PROPAGANDA .

He is pimping out LEFTIST PROPAGANDA BULLZHIT !
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2021 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT-X:
You write like a first year Drama student acts. You try so hard it is painful/cringey to witness.

I've been starting sentences with "Forum member 'randye' . . ." instead of "randye" because I didn't like starting a sentence with a lower case letter (r)--yet, in my previous message or #p2, I went back and relaxed that constraint.

I wouldn't start a sentence with "Randye" to have a capital letter (to start a sentence) because that would be an illegitimate alteration of the screen name.

That, and some Level Two mods that were retrofitted to improve body panel alignment.

It's a Deming-like commitment to message quality control or "mQC".

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2021 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010

It's my practice, when presenting a news (or news-like) media report like this, to use the exact title or banner that appeared above the report--but I put it within quotation marks. So I am quoting what appeared at the very top of the report. I think that's the best way to present these reports. The most transparent way for me to present these reports. . . .

Like I did with the very first words that I put at the beginning of this thread. That's for inside the thread.

As far as what I use for the New Topic subject field--how the topic appears in the forum's vertical list of topics--this one is "Courtroom 'ZEST' bla bla bla"--that's something else again. I do not feel constrained or obliged in any way to duplicate or even approximate the same banner that appears at the top of the article on CNN. If it's a New Topic that I am seeding (yes, seeding) with an article from CNN (for example.)

Who would even think about such a thing? I dunno. Maybe whoever is in the habit of interjecting themself into just about any New Topic that I start---especially if it has a political context.

That's the closest I can get to unraveling whatever the "f" he was squawking about in that first Reply message.

He ought to start New Topics himself instead of constantly "leeching" off of mine. If it weren't for me, would he even show up here anymore? Hardly, it would seem.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2021 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your lack of awareness when it comes to my awareness is total.

"Lack of awareness"? Are you aware that you could have put all of these Jan6 comments in one thread rather than spamming the forum with a topic that clearly has little to no interest.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2021 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
. .

I changed my mind.

I guess I could have put it all in just one Topic or thread.

But that doesn't make me want to reconsider anything else that I've said here.

PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2021 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He ought to start New Topics himself instead of constantly "leeching" off of mine.

We have been over this nonsense with you before.

YOU DON'T OWN ANY THREADS HERE

Nobody does.

Beyond that, WTF is it with your weird and improper capitalization of random words in sentences?

The garbled, meandering, pointless, garbage you post is always rife with atrocious grammar.

That is bad enough on it's own but the whack-job, random, capitalization really puts the putrid "cherry" on top.

That's what discussion is for. The Post Reply function. For other forum members to fill out the discussion and move a new topic forward from its setup or initial presentation. To "matriculate it downfield" ("it" being the topic) and towards the goal line of intellectual balance and completion.

YOU DON'T OWN ANY THREADS HERE

YOU DON'T GET TO DETERMINE WHERE THEY GO OR HOW THEY END

Nobody does.

You LEFTISTS never stop trying to control the narrative and other people's speech.

OH, and your atrocious grammar is once again exemplified in your ridiculous, improper and meaningless mixed metaphor; "matriculate it downfield"

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 06-25-2021).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2021 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

. .

I changed my mind.

I guess I could have put it all in just one Topic or thread.

But that doesn't make me want to reconsider anything else that I've said here.

Rinse, you can say whatever you want. Then I guess deal with the fallout later, but the motive behind what you say is not difficult to see. You post so many "New Topics" because you do not get views from topics you care about. Creating new topic Threads about the same stuff does not generate interest. People are creatures of habit and may for some unknown reason click on any or all topics. So the number of "views" may reflect how many times a thread is opened, but does not tell how many different people looked at the thread OR tell how many people have an interest in the topic. You can boost the views count by looking at your own threads several times a day. Your motive is clear, but does your choice of conveying your message work, that isn't as clear. And at that, the number replies and views aren't even high. Most likely half dozen people on the forum account for the total of views and comments in these related threads,..... including me.....and I literally have no interest in the criminal trespassing of Government property on Jan6.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2021 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Rinse, you can say whatever you want.

I agree, anyone can say just about anything (within the rules). Whether or not anyone else gives a damn what they think or say is a totally different topic. But, less than credible sources and twisted or spun news does nothing but lower the reader's expectations. I have very low expectations and yet continue be to surprised and how low some can go.
I agree with the first year drama student comment from another forum member. It's not even entertaining much less informative.

Rams
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2021 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I agree, anyone can say just about anything (within the rules). Whether or not anyone else gives a damn what they think or say is a totally different topic. But, less than credible sources and twisted or spun news does nothing but lower the reader's expectations. I have very low expectations and yet continue be to surprised and how low some can go.
I agree with the first year drama student comment from another forum member. It's not even entertaining much less informative.

Rams

Ok, so you (as I have) aided in boosting view counts and replies but have no interest in the topic. If I understand you correctly, you just agreed with what I have said to Rinse.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2021 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Ok, so you (as I have) aided in boosting view counts and replies but have no interest in the topic. If I understand you correctly, you just agreed with what I have said to Rinse.

Pretty much, I think some folks just like seeing their name lit up. I assume it's an ego thing but, don't know the individual personally. Wasn't long ago the first page had IIRC 13 topics on page one by the same poster. Shrug.

Rams
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2021 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's a lot of views just to see who has applied the ker-SLAP! to the jowl, or to decide if the viewer is going to bother doing it.
I usually can't make it through his posts and just move to the replies.

Then I view again to proof read for errors. Then I view again later to see if the board just isnt refreshed and not showing a message from someone. Then I view again to laugh at myself.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 06-26-2021).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2021 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

There's a lot of views just to see who has applied the ker-SLAP! to the jowl, or to decide if the viewer is going to bother doing it.
I usually can't make it through his posts and just move to the replies.

Then I view again to proof read for errors. Then I view again later to see if the board just isnt refreshed and not showing a message from someone. Then I view again to laugh at myself.

Gosh, pretty sure there's a name for that kind of self abuse..................

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 06-26-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2021 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't want to know the definition. Because they'll just use it against me if I have to admit I knew how to define it.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2021 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
number_of_replies++;

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock