Started on: 09-11-2022 08:32 PM
Replies: 90 (1083 views)
Last post by: TheDigitalAlchemist on 09-25-2023 12:31 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-30-2023 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice.

I am actually starting to get the urge to pick up or build a laser engraver. No, I never learn.

Not quite sure what I need one for but I'm sure I can think of some use for it to make some beer money.
IP: Logged
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2023 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by williegoat:

I just printed up a case for an LCD1602 display to hook up to a Raspberry Pi 4 that I ordered last week.

[\QUOTE]

very cool!
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2023 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I printed a fan bracket and base plate for my Pi 3b.

I have been getting a lot of use out of this printer. I use it more than I thought I would.

Thanks to TDA for the recommendation.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-12-2023 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you ever want to really upgrade, look into Bambu Labs stuff. Not cheap but blow-your-mind amazing with the speed, accuracy and nil fail rate. It really is plug-ply-forget. One of the guys here in town has one and I drop by his shop just to drool over it.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2023 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by williegoat:

I printed a fan bracket and base plate for my Pi 3b.
I have been getting a lot of use out of this printer. I use it more than I thought I would.

Thanks to TDA for the recommendation.[/QUOTE This makes me SO happy! I think 8 people have bought that printer, and have been 'happy' with it. I've tossed a few to others just to get them into printing. I've had some issues with two of ours, but we were about to get them workin' again.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2023 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TheDigitalAlchemist

12576 posts
Member since Jan 2012

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

If you ever want to really upgrade, look into Bambu Labs stuff. Not cheap but blow-your-mind amazing with the speed, accuracy and nil fail rate. It really is plug-ply-forget. One of the guys here in town has one and I drop by his shop just to drool over it.

Have you used the multi-material (multi-color) ones? they seem pretty nifty.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-13-2023 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had one for a bit a couple years ago. Geetech A10M.

^*%^*%*&^)(*&(*&(*^&$^%$%$

and

*()&(*^*&%&$&$*&^(*&)(*)*(&*&%

and

)(&^*%*%^(*&)((^*%&$&^%*&^(*&(*

Just about covers THAT idea.

They might be OK with dual or triple nozzles, but this whole idea of retract that far then feed the 2nd color/material into a common nozzle is damn near impossible to dial in with any accuracy. And even when you do finally get rid of the gaps and "farts" from switching filaments there is color bleed in blobs for the next dozen or so layers.

OTOH, Kingroon is down to 169 bucks for a KP3S up here so I tossed one into my Amazon cart for the next order. Fairly reliable and the perfect size for making coaster cases, feet, plaque holders ect for the laser.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2023 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AFAIK, the tech in the "latest wave of "multi-material" printers is "solid", but they create a LOT of "waste".

We are currently in a different 'headspace', but if you are interested in multimaterial, definitely investigate the current offerings...
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-14-2023 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeh, I am more into the lasering idea right now.

The printed crossbow/slingbow stuff was OK short-term but it doesnt really last. By the 2nd season there is separation at layer lines starting even with aluminum rod inserts. Lotsa work for not much use.

OTOH, layered polycarb and acrylic with aluminum

The stoneware is just a way to pay for the madness.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2023 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh this is just evil, I can print wargaming minis. Yep, gotta get one. This would be worth buying just to make the plug wire separators that attach to the 2.5's valve cover. They've been broken for 15 years.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 09-24-2023).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2023 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had a weird situation happen on one of ours today - the bed became demagnetized somehow. Too tired to try to figure it out right now. It's just odd.
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay