Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  World’s first AI interns hired in US for three-month trial job

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
World’s first AI interns hired in US for three-month trial job by TheDigitalAlchemist
Started on: 01-13-2023 12:11 PM
Replies: 9 (195 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 01-18-2023 09:32 PM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2023 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

YOU'RE HIRED

World’s first AI interns hired in US for three-month trial job alongside 106 humans

https://www.the-sun.com/tec...ired-us-humans-jobs/

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2023 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Machines are asexual and lack ethnicity. These two "characters" (for lack of a better term) seem to approach that concept from different perspectives.

Aiko appears to emulate a Japanese female while Aidan is somewhat ambiguous in both respects. Since they are meant to interact with humans, I wonder what is the best approach. Many machines use female voices for a reason. Should AI have gender and ethnicity? Age?

A decade ago, I probably wouldn't have even thought about this, but it has been shoved to the forefront of social interaction. Is social interaction even the right term for interaction with a machine?
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2023 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How does "Artificial Intelligence" differ from "Software"? TDA is one of the few people here who could enlighten us? I don't really see a difference. A lot of humans can't even agree on what makes them "Intelligent."
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2023 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So how do they interact with them?

This is ridiculous. Can you imagine what it would be like trying to remediate an issue using an AI interface?

Hello this is 2003 server how can I assist you today.
Hello this is Bob, we have reports that users are not able to log into the web interface you're are running on port 36775 can you assist with this
Hello Bob, would you like me to reboot and see if that corrects your issue?
No 2003 I would rather you look at the event logs and tell me why the web interface is not responding to authentication calls from our clients.
Hello Bob I understand your request and I will reboot and see if that resolves your issue.

2003 what are you doing, do not reboot. There is a notice to not reboot for any circumstances during production hours.

Hello Bob this is 2012R2 and I was just informed that you told 2003 to reboot.
Hello 2012R2 I did no such thing, I asked 2003 why end users were not able to authenticate to the web interface hosted on it.
Hello Bob, 2003 is an old interface and will take several cycles to recover from a reboot. Your supervisor has been notified.

Hello Bob This is User Control, so you are having issues authenticating. I will bring 2016 DC into the chat and perhaps we can resolve this.
Hello Bob this is 2016 DC, you are trying to authenticate and having issues. I will unlock your account. Please try now.
No 2016 DC I am not the one having issues. Our clients are having issues authenticating to the web interface on 2003 and it decided to reboot.
Hello Bob this is 2012R2, did your issue get resolved by 2016 DC unlocking your account?

Hello 2012R2 no it did not resolve the issue, to be clear I am not having an issue its our end users and clients that are not able to connect.
Hello Bob this is 2012R2 I understand that you are no longer having an issue with your login after 2016 DC reset your account. Is there anything else you need today?
Hello 2012R2 I do not have an issue logging in, I requested 2003 to investigate why end users were not able to authenticate in the web interface.
Hello Bob, this should be addressed with 2003 let me add it to the chat

Hello 2003 application server can you joint the chat.
Hello this is 2016 DC, 2003 application server is not responding to our pings and will require user intervention. We will contact Infra Server Run and have them investigate.
Hello this is ISR, my understanding is you rebooted 2003 application server and now you are not able to authenticate to the web service.
Hello Bob we found in our records that you requested 2003 to reboot and now it is not responding. Logs show corruption in the boot LUN. Did you not read the notification about not rebooting 2003 during production hours.
Hello ISR, I did no such thing. I requested 2003 application server to investigate why our end users were not able to authenticate on the web interface.
Hello Bob this is ISR, due to the 2003 server application server reboot the server is no longer responding and will have to be turned over to the hardware team.

Hello Bob what the **** is wrong with you? No one should be rebooting 2003 as its a POS running on some old Compaq hardware that we are not able to buy parts for. Now I have to drive into the data center and turn everything on so I can find this old POS and power cycle it and hope for the best.
Your supervisor has been notified.

Hello UC, this is Bob. I do not know what the **** happened this morning. But our end users are not able to work and 2003 has taken its Boot LUN and gone to a better place.
Hello HT this is Bob, you have had 20 years to plan for a replacement to this device and have failed to do so. Now our end users are unable to work.

Hello Bob this is your supervisor. Please join me in private chat so we can determine the correct punishment for rebooting 2003 server.
Hello supervisor this is Bob, **** you that's why. Our clients are leaving and so am I. Consider this my resignation chat. FU

Hello Bob, this is 2003 server during my reboot process some orphan files were discovered and have been placed in c:\youwillneverrecoverfromthis Please let us know if your issue has been resolved.
Hello Bob.......
Hello Bob......
Hello HT this is 2003 why are you touching me?!!!!
Hello this is HT and 2003 is rebooting but there are some files that are not recoverable. This could cause a loss in client data.
As Bob is the one that initiated this reboot he will own this Ticket.
2003 server is back online, please have Bob review the files in c:\you****edupnow and see if the client files can be recovered.

Hello Bob...
Hello supervisor Bob is not responding. Please assign a new technician to this issue.

Hello 2003 application server this is Jeff. I have been informed that our end users and clients are not able to authenticate to the web service installed on you.........
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2023 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Machines are asexual and lack ethnicity. These two "characters" (for lack of a better term) seem to approach that concept from different perspectives.

Aiko appears to emulate a Japanese female while Aidan is somewhat ambiguous in both respects. Since they are meant to interact with humans, I wonder what is the best approach. Many machines use female voices for a reason. Should AI have gender and ethnicity? Age?

A decade ago, I probably wouldn't have even thought about this, but it has been shoved to the forefront of social interaction. Is social interaction even the right term for interaction with a machine?

Shouldn't someone have the courtesy to ask poor Aiko and Aiden how they identify??

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2023 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2023 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

So how do they interact with them?

This is ridiculous. Can you imagine what it would be like trying to remediate an issue using an AI interface?

Heh, I've had Support calls (with humans) that went like kinda like that.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2023 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MS is laying off 10,000 humans. At least now we know what (not who) they will replace the techies with.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2023 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Heh, I've had Support calls (with humans) that went like kinda like that.

Me too
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-18-2023 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A.I. has been running things for years.

Just look at Ottawa and Washington.

Aint no WAY that level of stupidity could occur naturally.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock