Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  New 3D printer: Creality 3 V3 SE (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New 3D printer: Creality 3 V3 SE by williegoat
Started on: 10-04-2023 04:46 PM
Replies: 62 (805 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 08-23-2024 04:47 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2023 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2023 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

20664 posts
Member since Mar 2009

Nikon D60 > RawTherapee > GIMP
1/25 sec
f5.3
ISO400
44mm

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 12-17-2023).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2023 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cool
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2023 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

cool

Thank you!

It's all your fault, you know.

Not only has it been a great creative outlet, but I have found countless practical applications. I am slowly turning "I wish somebody made (some thing)" into "Hey, I can make (that thing)"
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2023 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Next up, printing yourself a Les Paul
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2023 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Thank you!

It's all your fault, you know.

Not only has it been a great creative outlet, but I have found countless practical applications. I am slowly turning "I wish somebody made (some thing)" into "Hey, I can make (that thing)"

Reading that makes me a happy human.

So..... after watching THIS video you will be able to easily make your own designs and then print them out.

Tom's great, definitely worth following him on "The Youtube". That video goes through a lot of the basics.

We have used TinkerCAD to make a whole bunch of stuff. Happy Holidays!
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2023 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

So..... after watching THIS video you will be able to easily make your own designs and then print them out.

Tom's great, definitely worth following him on "The Youtube". That video goes through a lot of the basics.

We have used TinkerCAD to make a whole bunch of stuff. Happy Holidays!

Thanks, I have been doing that, but because I am a fan of the Penguin and Gnu, I use Blender. It is FOSS and very powerful. I posted an example of one of my projects on the previous page: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...HTML/128286.html#p25

Here I am working on a little part that takes a CR2025 battery and a 5mm LED to make a simple light.

I have made several iterations, but it is still a work in progress, a learning experience.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2023 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love it!
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2023 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I designed a tray to hold my bar and pics on my Pedal Steel, and posted it on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6403491

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2024 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I designed and printed a spool holder using 608 ball bearings. I will post the details on Thingiverse later.

And some clips to hold a color filter under the LED bar, for photography and videos.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-13-2024).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2024 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have uploaded the spool holder to Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6432789

The color filter hanger is now on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6433059

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-13-2024).]

PFF
System Bot
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 327
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2024 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of my many hobbies. Always car related though
I am running a Flashforge Creator Pro for the smaller stuff and 2 colours and a Flashforge Guider IIs V2 for the larger stuff

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2024 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This filament is supposed to look like gold. It doesn't really, but I like the color, nonetheless.

This print is a tissue box cover that I designed with Blender. I can post the .STL on Thingiverse, if anyone is interested.
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2024 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Exciting days, what it takes to get it done.
From a printed plastic part to cast metal.
What part for your Fiero can you imagine ?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2024 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More fun with 3D printing, a little experiment:

I had a picture of a vulture that I took a few years ago.

I loaded it into GIMP, played with it a little, then exported a .PNG

Next, I loaded the .PNG into Cura and exported an .STL.

Then, to Blender to add a baseplate.

Finally, back to Cura for the .GCODE, and here is the result:

Far from perfect, but I learned some things I can use.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2024 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

20664 posts
Member since Mar 2009
Getting closer...

Third try...

Better detail and cleaner print.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-23-2024).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2024 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2024 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a test. I am going to print a larger one for a friend's garage wall.

I found the original model on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:338262

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 02-06-2024).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2024 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I can't PM images anymore and we don't have email tabs anymore so I have to post this here. Hope you don't mind but since you play guitars and other instruments, here's a guitar I printed. The only non-printed items are the neck, strings, and of course the electronics.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2024 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's pretty cool. I like the green color.

Do you think the body will be able to hold the tension?
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2024 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The black portion is 70% infill and makes the guitar weigh as much as a wooden one. I tuned it about 2 months ago and it hasn't gone out of tune so it's definitely a strong body. The green is just 20% infill since it doesn't support anything and is there just for looks.
PFF
System Bot
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2024 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you print another 3D printer?
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2024 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BingB:

Can you print another 3D printer?

As funny as it sounds, that's how Prusa made their first generation of printers. They only use aluminum for the structural parts but everything else is printed. They must save millions in manufacturing costs.

Today you can print everything except the motors, heat bed, and electronics.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock