Started on: 08-04-2024 11:03 AM
Replies: 11 (160 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 08-06-2024 09:22 AM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2024 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Noticing more and more that they are no longer re-stocking shelves in a lot of local stores.
Was in a storeyesterday and there was a global management guy there who was discussing the company's plan to "eliminate all legacies" to the local manager.

"Legacy registers" are the ones with people. so they went from 4 legacy to 4 legacy + 4 automated, to 4 automated+1 legacy to (next month ) 4 automated and zero legacy.
They plan on going cashless in January. and then mostly online sales for most of their items.

Yay for "progress"...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2024 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking about this recently. I stopped going into WalMart and grocery stores after covid. It was just depressing. I switched to buying everyday stuff online.

But in the last few months, more and more everyday items are chronically out of stock online.

And prices are rising again.

I spent a lot of time in Mexico from the mid ‘70s through the late ‘90s and one thing that stuck with me was all of the empty shelves in the little mercados. It was an eye opener to a young Estadounidenso. I saw the rampant inflation and the introduction of the “nuevo peso”.

I met a man in Sinaloa back in the mid ‘80s who was making adobe by hand to earn the equivalent of about $4/week. He was 70 years old.

Indigenous children were selling gum, alone in the streets.

Now, on an almost daily basis, someone will knock on my door, looking for work, any work, just to make a few dollars.

We all know why, but talking about it here is against the rules.

In the mountains of southeastern Sinaloa in the mid '80s.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2024 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Noticing more and more that they are no longer re-stocking shelves in a lot of local stores.
Was in a storeyesterday and there was a global management guy there who was discussing the company's plan to "eliminate all legacies" to the local manager.

"Legacy registers" are the ones with people. so they went from 4 legacy to 4 legacy + 4 automated, to 4 automated+1 legacy to (next month ) 4 automated and zero legacy.
They plan on going cashless in January. and then mostly online sales for most of their items.

Yay for "progress"...

I remember all the hand wringing when people had to start pumping their own gas.

Now people would freak out if someone started to pump their gas (except in Oregon)

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2024 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here in Crapifornia, some major retailers are removing the self checkout lines due to theft so you'll be forced to use the standard checkout lines with the employee at the register.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2024 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be so happy if they pumped your gas again.

Especially if it it cost a couple % more and that money went directly to the guy or gal or whatever someone thinks they are.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2024 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

...some major retailers are removing the self checkout lines due to theft so you'll be forced to use the standard checkout lines with the employee at the register.

Yes, this changeover to self-checkout lines (to supposedly save on labor costs) has backfired in a big way. The switch back to human equipped checkout lines has begun here as well.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2024 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also can't get separate shampoo and conditioner, unless *maybe* the dandruff stuff. All the rest is 2-in-1, or 3-in-one. I asked them where the individual ones are and they said they don't stock those anymore.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2024 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1st world problems............ ain't they a ***** ?

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-05-2024).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2024 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

1st world problems............ ain't they a ***** ?

I wanted to see where that was and I came across this: https://1073kissfmtexas.com...-mexico-guataburger/

I can't stop laughing.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2024 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been waiting quite patiently for the comet...
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2024 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Picture my father took in 1988 in Juarez Mexico:

Found it when I was converting the family slides to digital.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2024 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I wanted to see where that was and I came across this: https://1073kissfmtexas.com...-mexico-guataburger/

I can't stop laughing.

That's just going too far!! Even tho some far off investment company now owns it, we still love our Whataburger here in Texas.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock